CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone thinks Siegel's new field looked bad a few weeks ago you should drive by and look at Lavergnes. Lavergnes field looks like a vacant lot. We are 33 days away from game day and their field is bare and has nothing but a few weeds growing on it! It looks like they may have burned it recently? I am not a horticulturalist but isn't it a little late to be burning off a football field?

I sure hope I am wrong and they have a plan to get it into shape but as of today it looks awful!

Smyrna opens on this field on aug 19th and I sure hope we have some grass to play on and all the holes are filled in !

If anyone thinks Siegel's new field looked bad a few weeks ago you should drive by and look at Lavergnes. Lavergnes field looks like a vacant lot. We are 33 days away from game day and their field is bare and has nothing but a few weeds growing on it! It looks like they may have burned it recently? I am not a horticulturalist but isn't it a little late to be burning off a football field?

I sure hope I am wrong and they have a plan to get it into shape but as of today it looks awful!

Smyrna opens on this field on aug 19th and I sure hope we have some grass to play on and all the holes are filled in !

825699680[/snapback]

It gets even worse!!!

Just drove by again and get this--- the same 2 sprinklers that were running yesterday afternoon are still running right in the middle of the pouring rain!!

The filed is now not only grassless but is pretty much a mud bog under water.

Is anybody home at lavergne?? Is anybody checking the field condition?

If you get a chance drive by there you won't believe it

Hoolie, I was definitely thinking that having Alsup on staff at Siegel would put Rankin into a revengeful mood. I think he always took it easy on yall b/c of Watson ...... anyone that was around when Rankin first rolled into town knows that there is no love lost b/t those two.

Word circulating by RHS players say that Ramsey won't get thru that opening match-up...... I still can't believe he might jeopardize his bball chances by playing football .

It gets even worse!!!

Just drove by again and get this--- the same 2 sprinklers that were running yesterday afternoon are still running right in the middle of the pouring rain!!

The filed is now not only grassless but is pretty much a mud bog under water.

Is anybody home at lavergne?? Is anybody checking the field condition?

If you get a chance drive by there you won't believe it

825699745[/snapback]

personally Siegel doesnt mind playing there...even if its a Hurricane haha

u know that Riverdale always talks about takin out someone so im not surprised by that..Keith can hold his own if hes out there.

Cat, that is totally ridiculous about Lavergne's field. With Melvin Daniels, a former football coach , as the principal......I would think the laxness concening that field would change.

Cat, when was it that there was a public protest by Smyrna about playing on that field? I know it was yrs back, but I do remember hearing about it. Maybe a protest to change the venue is warranted again?

Wonder if that sprinkler has been running the whole dead period??

Hoolie....probably the most damage was done to that field by the Siegel fans!! Hahahahaha........

Edited by 2priceless

Hoolie, I was definitely thinking that having Alsup on staff at Siegel would put Rankin into a revengeful  mood. I think he always took it easy on yall b/c of Watson ...... anyone that was around when Rankin first rolled into town knows that there is no love lost b/t those two.

Word circulating by RHS players say that Ramsey won't get thru that opening match-up...... I still can't believe he might jeopardize his bball chances by playing football .

825699752[/snapback]

He has more than one kind of mood? :blink:

Have heard NOTHING about anyone targeting Ramsey BTW, and I asked.

I did hear that a wide receiver is coming back though that had moved away. thumb Just a 'rumor' now though, but I hope it is true.

Cat, that is totally ridiculous about Lavergne's field. With Melvin Daniels, a former football coach , as the principal......I would  think the laxness concening that field would change.

Cat, when was it that there was a public protest by Smyrna about playing on that field? I know it was yrs back, but I do remember  hearing about it. Maybe a protest to change the venue is warranted again?

Wonder if that sprinkler has been running the whole dead period??

Hoolie....probably the most damage was done to that field by the Siegel fans!! Hahahahaha........

825699824[/snapback]

Maybe it is their new 'secret strategy' for this year. Everyone has to play in DEEP mud! Sort of a replay of the 'mud bowl' game Blackman played in Cookeville. :blink:

What would really good is that Blackman would have an advantage for once! :D

He has more than one kind of mood? :blink:

Have heard NOTHING about anyone targeting Ramsey BTW, and I asked.

I did hear that a wide receiver is coming back though that had moved away. thumb  Just a 'rumor' now though, but I hope it is true.

825699827[/snapback]

LOD,

I'm trying to remember a receiver that moved away...any hints?

Ref Ramsey, I don't think Riverdale plays any favorites...they hit anyone between the sidelines. I'm sure that whoever made that up "knows it for a fact". :D