Class 5A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

the week zero game should be a really good game you have to BAD teams going at it so it should be a lot of fun and i am sure that you (riverdale reject) will enjoy it

You know i had to give you a hard time hope everything is going good for you ill talk to ya later

GO WARRIORS

825698727[/snapback]

Oh Riverdaleman, Ive been trying to figure out which name you were under but after the "Riverdale Reject" comment theres no doubt now. You know I cant help but think how things might be a little different if my reciever had held on to the ball in '01, or Baker didnt make that play(Which ever way you like to look at it!) haha!

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahahahahaha..............and no one can dispute that OHS has the most state titles, and the most # of titles  in different sports.

Football....84, 98, runner ups in 88 and 89

Baseball....99, 00

Golf , girls....93

Golf-Boys..01, runner-up 02

Total of 6 gold balls

Boys bball- runner-up -84

Girls bball-runner-up -01

Total of runner ups.........5, but in 4 different sports.

Top that.....

825698848[/snapback]

Not trying to argue but tssaa says Baylor has won 83 championshsips

Not trying to argue but tssaa says Baylor has won 83 championshsips

825698894[/snapback]

We are talking about in the Boro and in Region4.....not statewide. But thanks for the info. I dooooooo like your user-name whatever school you are supporting!!

Let me ask you your opinion tho.....was it more prestigious / harder to win a title when everyone was grouped in 3 classifications , w/o the privates split, AND with only the #1 team in the region advancing to the playoffs......or when the privates are split off......4 teams go to the playoffs and there are 5 classifications???? Please tell me what you think Patriotpride89!!!!!

Edited by 2priceless

This is interesting! You are saying that Shadowens is going to let someone else OC the offense! Who is Carson? Is he going to change the offense?

825698551[/snapback]

Well Wells was the DC for many seasons. He left and went to Blackman, where he is now the new HC. So a guy named Williams became the DC at Smyrna last season. Wells recently ripped Williams from Smyrna to go to Blackman. With teaching slots tied up.........Shadowens was able to pull in Carson who was the OC at Franklin cty. So he places this guy at OC and he is now the DC. Truthfully many coaches in this area have switched out. Thomas at Lavergne was the DC at Lincoln Cty , but is the OC at Lavergne. David Alsup that was HC at BHS, where he called the O is now at Siegel where he is calling the D now. There are several other instances in the area as well. From what I understand, Shad was very much involved calling the D last yr at Smyrna along with Williams.

Well Wells was the DC for many seasons. He left and went to Blackman, where he is now the new HC. So a guy named Williams became the DC at Smyrna last season. Wells recently ripped Williams from Smyrna to go to Blackman.  With teaching slots tied up.........Shadowens was able to pull in Carson who was the OC at Franklin cty. So he places this guy at OC and he is now the DC. Truthfully many  coaches in this area have switched out. Thomas at Lavergne was the DC at Lincoln Cty , but is the OC at Lavergne.  David Alsup  that was HC at BHS, where he called the O is now at Siegel where he is calling the D now. There are several other instances in the area as well. From what I understand, Shad was very much involved calling the D last yr at Smyrna along with Williams.

825698920[/snapback]

Didn't Franklin County have almost no offense last year? Great defense but no offense.

We are talking about in the Boro and in Region4.....not statewide. But thanks for the info. I dooooooo like your user-name whatever school you are supporting!!

Let me ask you your opinion tho.....was it more prestigious / harder to win a title when  everyone was grouped in 3 classifications , w/o the privates split, AND with only the #1 team in the region advancing to the playoffs......or when the privates are split off......4 teams go to the playoffs and there are 5 classifications???? Please tell me what you think Patriotpride89!!!!!

825698916[/snapback]

I think 3 classifications are way harder. There are more teams to compete against and you also won't have teams with losing records in the playoffs.

I think 3 classifications are way harder. There are more teams to compete against and you also won't have teams with losing records in the playoffs.

825698938[/snapback]

EXACTLY...much harder to get in the playoffs in the first place. Then every team that you face has bascially the same ability as you do...top in their region. No free ride "all games at home"......

Thanks for your input Patriotpride89!

EXACTLY...much harder to get in the playoffs in the first place. Then every team that you face has bascially the same ability as you do...top in their region. No free ride "all games at home"......

Thanks for your input Patriotpride89!

825698948[/snapback]

OK let me try and explain myself to you....lets take our teams out of the equation... in the old days if you won your district you were in the playoffs otherwise you are out...i agree it was harder to get IN the playoffs however there was a lot of good teams sitting at home for the playoffs Lincoln county anbd Franklin county can atest to that FC would go 9-1 but there loss was to LC so they are at home for the playoffs whereas now they are in the playoffs and have a chance to win the state while i will agree that there is 1 or 2 teams in each region that shouldnt go we also can say that it is not uncommon that a 3 or 4 seed win a game in the playoffs that is why we always play each other 2 times or like in east TN when they always play each other twice and we all know it is hard to beat a good team twice in the old days you only had to beat them once as far as the private school we didnt have to play them anyway in 84 BA was still in 2A they could have been 1A but i think they were still 2A at that time

Blaze14 it was a nice poass you threw i am just glad that our DB got there in time to break it up lol

It simply meant that you had to be at the top of your game to get there every single week. So every week in the regular season was a "play-off" game. Every team you played in the playoffs was a champion already ...not a team who may have won 3 games to be there... a team who already had proven their worth. Since there were 3 classifications, you may have had to play a school with twice your enrollment, and you might have to travel for hrs to your game. Forget BA.........you ever heard of Gallatin??? Bottom line when those were the rules to get to the big show....RHS couldn't cut it. It doesn't matter what they are now or what they can do NOW.....at THAT time they couldn't cut it.

Edited by 2priceless

It simply meant that you had to be at the top of your game to get there every single week. So every week in the regular season was a "play-off" game. Every team you played in the playoffs was a champion already ...not a team who may have won 3 games  to be there... a team who already had  proven their worth. Since there were 3 classifications,  you may have had to play a school with twice your enrollment, and you might have to travel for hrs to your game. Forget BA.........you ever heard of Gallatin??? Bottom line when those were the rules to get to the big show....RHS couldn't cut it. It doesn't matter what they are now or what they can do NOW.....at THAT time they couldn't cut it.

825698965[/snapback]

So what you are saying is that Oakland can't cut it NOW? That seems strange since it is so easy these days.

Really, it is very hard to compare different eras. In 1984, I was in Korea and my son that has graduated high school wasn't even born. I believe we still had leaded gas back then.

Did I see a post about women's golf? <_<

Dead period ends in just over 9 hours. Hopefully we can get this thread back to discussing events in THIS century soon.

So what you are saying is that Oakland can't cut it NOW?  That seems strange since it is so easy these days.

Really, it is very hard to compare different eras.  In 1984, I was in Korea and my son that has graduated high school wasn't even born.  I believe we still had leaded gas back then.   

Did I see a post about women's golf?  <_<

Dead period ends in just over 9 hours.  Hopefully we can get this thread back to discussing events in THIS century soon.

825698983[/snapback]

We have already proven we can get it done in the new format......98 and almost again in 99...when we had 5 classes and no privates. And hopefully we will do so again in the 2000's. riverdaleman was basically disrespecting any team that won a championship in the old format. And you and I both know that any team that wins the state deserves a bit of respect. Odd how you riverdale folk seem to want everyone around to pat you on the back.......yet you refuse to give anyone any. If you read riverdaleman's other posts, you will see that football is not the only sport that he is brazen in.

Wonder who might turnup on Monday in everyone's weightrooms.....

Edited by 2priceless

I want to know about the twin 'monsters' from Texas! ;)

Most of all I want to see them in action! thumb

Got the 'clone' working out at the 'gym' right now. Can't let the grass grow, except at Siegal! What is a day off? Not around this house. <_<

How many days until we can actually see some hitting? All this pumping iron is getting boring.