Class 5A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

First of all the parents went to ur coaches after one of our games second i will tell axel hello for you thirdly i attended RIVERDALE in the 80s class of 89 so i remember what it was like when we struggled just like in all other sports i am a RIVERDALE FAN and no matter what the sport is  so you have got me mixed up on the bandwagon fan as far as the wise crack that was more torward blazer14 i have known him for a LONG time backin his freshMAn days at RIVERDALE

825698732[/snapback]

Oh. I see now......... a lil slam at Blazer...yet at our expense.

So you were at Rhs when OHS was the big dogs in football. That was about the time that I moved to the Boro and started following OHS. ( I lived in their zone) There was absolutely nothing like the OHS secondary and D in that day was there? Man , that Mitchell kid was something else.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. I see now......... a lil slam at Blazer...yet at our expense.

So you were at Rhs when OHS was the big dogs in football. That was about the time that I moved to the Boro and started following  OHS. ( I lived in their zone) There was absolutely nothing like the OHS secondary and D in that day was there? Man , that Mitchell kid was something else.

825698744[/snapback]

84 was my 8th grade year with howse and then my freshman and sophmore year we won with scores of like 7-0 14-7 each year we had to stop a hugle (russell and rendell) i had to quit footbal my JR SR year to work and help pay bill for the family but my class went 2-2 in football against them but keep in mind we are still 25-9 all time against oakland so your "big dog" days was few and far between and you are right both teams defense was pretty good back then well.. our defense is still pretty good> What mitchell are you talking about Ron?

84 was my 8th grade year with howse and then my freshman and sophmore year we won with scores of like 7-0 14-7 each year we had to stop a hugle (russell and rendell) i had to quit footbal my JR SR year to work and help pay bill for the family but my class went 2-2 in football against them but keep in mind we are still 25-9 all time against oakland so your "big dog" days was few and far between and you are right both teams defense was pretty good back then well.. our defense is still pretty good>  What mitchell are you talking about Ron?

825698748[/snapback]

I have seen the 84 team on tape. But...I never got to see them play live. It was Al Mitchell that was so good. And yes we had lots of those Hugles. Kind of like RHS was with Ropers. Don't forget that we won back when there were 3 classes and the privates were still mixed in. Quite an accomplishment that RHS has never done.AND....OHS and RHS never played each other in the first few yrs. AND only 2 teams went to the playoffs. So no "warm-up" games like now.RHS had losing seasons then......not the case with OHS. OHS would have easiy chalked up those wins. But as a whole....nothing like the dominance f football in the Boro!

I have seen the 84 team on tape. But...I never got to see them play live.  It was Al Mitchell that was so good. And yes we had lots of those Hugles. Kind of like RHS was with Ropers. Don't forget that we won back when there were 3 classes and the privates were still mixed in. Quite an accomplishment that RHS has never done.AND....OHS and RHS never played each other in the first few yrs. AND only 2 teams went to the playoffs. So no "warm-up" games like now.RHS had losing seasons then......not the case with OHS. OHS would have easiy chalked up  those wins. But as a whole....nothing like the dominance f football in the Boro!

825698752[/snapback]

actually only 1 team made the playoffs until the 86 season and then 2 teams made the playoffs we had a lull from the 87-90 seasons but i think we bounced back quite well since then and as far as RHS having losing seasons i looked it up and we have had 6 losing seasons since 1972 not too shabby if you ask me

actually only 1 team made the playoffs until the 86 season and then 2 teams made the playoffs we had a lull from the 87-90 seasons but i think we bounced back quite well since then and as far as RHS having losing seasons i looked it up and we have had 6 losing seasons since 1972 not too shabby if you ask me

825698764[/snapback]

Really? One one team went to the playoffs when OHS won in 84? WOW...that makes that title even more impressive then. I sure didn't know that, thanks for the info. I know Bowl Games were big in those days too.

And yes, having that many winning seasons is impressive. Like I said...combine OHS and RHS and I don't think any city could match the numbers.

But RHS didn't really rise until "they" got rid of the privates.

Really? One one team went to the playoffs when OHS won in 84? WOW...that makes that title even more impressive then. I sure didn't know that, thanks for the info. I know Bowl Games were big in those days too.

And yes, having that many winning seasons is impressive. Like I said...combine OHS and RHS and I don't think any city could match the numbers.

But RHS didn't really rise until "they"  got rid of the privates.

825698766[/snapback]

I dont really think it makes the title more impressive it means if you had a bad game during the season you season was over if the same rules were in effect now you would not have won your championship in 98 because we was the number one seed and we would not have played a dickson county team in 99 because they would not have made the playoffs however all of our state title we won the region outright and undefeated in region play (97 team lost to gallatin in week 10) so i will disagree that it makes that title harder as far as "us" gettting rid of private school i hope you realize that football wasntthe biggest benfactor in that your other sports like tennis golf and some of your indiviual sports come out better on that.

I dont really think it makes the title more impressive it means if you had a bad game during the season you season was over if the same rules were in effect now you would not have won your championship in 98 because we was the number one seed and we would not have played a dickson county team in 99 because they would not have made the playoffs however all of our state title we won the region outright and undefeated in region play (97 team lost to gallatin in week 10) so i will disagree that it makes that title harder as far as "us" gettting rid of private school i hope you realize that football wasntthe biggest benfactor in that your other sports like tennis golf and some of your indiviual sports come out better on that.

825698775[/snapback]

It does so make it harder...you have to be better to win the district, region whatever.All schools were lumped into 3 classes in 84, not 5. You had a whole lot more competition than you do with 5 classes. My son was on the 98 team and I admit it was a bigger accomplishment to wina title in 84 with only 3 classes and the Privates in the mix. Why you can't admit the same is beyond me. Beating a private school in those days was something extraordinary. Wasn't that why Watson and rankin made sure they got the boot? B/c they couldn't seem to beat them?

That DC game in 99 was pretty sad. A definite case of a school being way too big for their britches.....my son's very best friends were on that RHS team and man oh man did they come down to earth quickly. Wonder if Rankin had it to do over if he would have done the Sr nite in the last home game of the season to celebrate the kids instead of trying to get some media bringing old Fernando in? I can only imagine how that pumped up DC that night for them to have Sen nite in the playoffs.

Is Riverdale ever going to win some baseball titles??

is riverdale ever goin to win titles in anything besides football???  no lol

825698794[/snapback]

hahahahahahaha..............and no one can dispute that OHS has the most state titles, and the most # of titles in different sports.

Football....84, 98, runner ups in 88 and 89

Baseball....99, 00

Golf , girls....93

Golf-Boys..01, runner-up 02

Total of 6 gold balls

Boys bball- runner-up -84

Girls bball-runner-up -01

Total of runner ups.........5, but in 4 different sports.

Top that.....

Edited by 2priceless