CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK let me try and explain myself to you....lets take our teams out of the equation...  in the old days if you won your district you were in the playoffs otherwise you are out...i agree it was harder to get IN the playoffs however there was a lot of good teams sitting at home for the playoffs Lincoln county anbd Franklin county can atest to that FC would go 9-1 but there loss was to LC so they are at home for the playoffs whereas now they are in the playoffs and have a chance to win the state while i will agree that there is 1 or 2 teams in each region that shouldnt go we also can say that it is not uncommon that a 3 or 4 seed win a game in the playoffs that is why we always play each other 2 times or like in east TN when they always play each other twice and we all know it is hard to beat a good team twice in the old days you only had to beat them once as far as the private school we didnt have to play them anyway in 84 BA was still in 2A they could have been 1A but i think they were still 2A at that time

Blaze14 it was a nice poass you threw i am just glad that our DB got there in time to break it up lol

825698963[/snapback]

I agree with some points and disagree with others.

Back when there was only 3 classifications there were over 100 teams competing for a state title. It was not uncommon to have several undefeated or 1 loss teams in the playoffs. My opinion is that it was a lot harder to win a state title. Not to take away from the fact that to play for a state title, what 4 or 5 consecutive years is not down right impressive in its own right. The main difference that I see about the two systems is that under the old 3-A days you really had some bad teams that were in your district. For instance in Gallatin's there was Beech, Brentwood, and LaVergne. At one point or another these teams were the dogs of our district. Also I disagree with your assessment about Dickson County a few years ago when Riverdale lost to them in the first round. Under the old system, while you didn't have a 4 seed you did have weak teams win your district and then pull an upset in the playoffs. Example Overton beat Gallatin in 1984 in overtime in round 2. Gallatin was the better team but not on that night. (Gallatin was the only team to beat the state champion that year.....Oakland....sorry 2priceless)

sigh i thought u had the oakland schedule memorized by now since u are so diehard....Siegel had oakland home last year

825699242[/snapback]

R'dale played both Siegal at MTSU (their home field)last year and Dickson County at their own 'home' fields last year and are playing them there this year also. I am still trying to figure out 'why'.

As to 'holes', even where the vistors have to walk is full of them at LaVergne.

Oh well it will be fun to iniatiate Siegal's home field, R'dale style! :unsure:

It is a new two year contract now....that is why you are playing different non-region teams. Remember all the rumors about teams changing regions?? They toss a coin to see who is at home. You know the famous two-headed one of Rankin's. Of course we are AT Riverdale.....but we have Siegel at home. And hahahaha...Lebanon too!!! Guess Rankin wanted to break in Siegel's field the right way and slipped that coin back in his pocket...

Some of you guys need to be for real.

The region will play out like this:

#1 Riverdale - easy

#2 Smyrna - got the talent but that's it

#3 WC - got good coaching

#4 Oakland - their young guys are getting better

#5 Siegal - just because I like your coach

#6 Lavergne - they play good early maybe they get an early region win

#7 Blackman - Just Mims, that's it

#8 Lebanon - I like their coach too, but they lost a bunch.

I think 2-4 could go in any order but that's where I think they will end. If the Coach from Lebanon can pull their young kids together they'll move up to #5 at best. : :usa:

Some of you guys need to be for real.

The region will play out like this:

#1 Riverdale - easy

#2 Smyrna - got the talent but that's it

#3  WC - got good coaching

#4 Oakland - their young guys are getting better

#5 Siegal - just because I like your coach

#6 Lavergne - they play good early maybe they get an early region win

#7 Blackman - Just Mims, that's it

#8 Lebanon - I like their coach too, but they lost a bunch.

I think 2-4 could go in any order but that's where I think they will end.  If the Coach from Lebanon can pull their young kids together they'll move up to #5 at best. :  :usa:

825699313[/snapback]

Thanks for putting us in the top 4. If you met our coach, he would definitely be your favorite over Watson and Brown. Absoluely NO comparison.

Edited by 2priceless