Class 5A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I don't think anyone can wait til the first crack of the pads this summer.  I just hope folk stayed in shape over the dead period!!

So were weight rooms allowed to even be open?

825699894[/snapback]

NO the weight rooms were not allowed to be open if one of the baseball players had forgotten somthing in the facility they were out of luck because it could not be open for them i dont think they could even open the gym for "open gym"

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to see how well Siegel fares... they finally got the kind of dedication they need out of their players, they are getting the work done in the weightroom, finally got their own stadium, and an improved coaching staff. That and they have sufficient talent to win some games I almost wanna bite my tongue but ill go ahead and say it.... im slightly optimistic

Edited by Harris' hooligans

geez everyone on vacation or something?

825700829[/snapback]

Things do seem a little slow.

It is just 18 days until practice starts and 23 days until the first scrimmage.

I'm sure there is some news on players that have or have not shown up in the weight rooms since the dead period. Hopefully someone will share.

LOD, are you able to post the Riverdale practice and scrimmage schedule for August?

Here is a question: Which player enters the season with the most pressure to perform? A few candidates:

Scott Thomas: Has to replace Mr Football, who just happens to be big brother. Wants to hold on to the #1 QB job against some stiff competition. Can't plan to fall back on being starter at safety as Philip Stevenson may be the region's best at that position. Has to prove he can win and lead in an environment that expects 15 straight blowout wins.

Zeke: After the dalliance with transferring, his teammates will likely expect to see a solid commitment from him. His third year as a starter...it is time to win. Probably will be on a short leash if he struggles.

Marcus Locke: Will want to show that the transfer was the right move for him. Aspires for the limelight but will have to prove himself if he wants top billing. Has some baggage that will become fodder if he struggles. Is replacing last year's leading tackler at OLB so the team needs him to play at a championship level from game one.

Matt Forrest: After a year-long layoff, will want to show that the transfer was the right move. Named team captain having never played a down for OHS--expectations will be very high. Probably doesn't have the speed to get solid minutes at another position. Like the Locke situation, there will be talk if he and the team struggles.

A couple guys, Smotherman form Smyrna and Miller from Riverdale have scholarship offers to Vandy. They will need to have a good season to keep those rides.

Next week we'll do: Which coaches are on the hot seat.

this is a minor thing and probably covered before, but - If you do a team search on here for Riverdale, and look at the results from last year, it correctly shows the Warriors winning against Franklin 35-7 in the BCB.  But it shows the season record as 13-2 and the region record at 6-1.  Did I miss something?

825700879[/snapback]

thats franklins record...

2P,

I Think PRW was pulling your leg. I remember that thread and was amused since Philip didn't play soccer or baseball.

I could be wrong, but I think Philip is headed for a monster year. He has really matured and will be a beast at safety. He is very fast and athletic and seems to have found that mean streak that great safeties have.

Perhaps LOD can confirm whether PS is still with the team. He is on the updated roster out of spring.