CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a difference between goin out on the field playing to win and throwing out a realistic record for the year....its not as if they go out there with the plan to lose...I know when someone is better than me on the tennis court but that doesnt mean i go out there and just give up...u go out there and fight your #### off to see what happens.  They are just being realistic when looking at their schedule and saying that record...Thats a solid year in my opinion.  Some of you guys might want to think of it as the old saying  goes Rome wasnt built in a day.  Two teams with 1-9 and 2-8 records should be looking to turn things around...not go for a championship...Im being optimistic/realistic and you guys are just being idealistic for Oakland.  Why do you hear people say...so and so is poised for a title run in '06.  Because they are being REALISTIC and looking to BUILD a title contender...not pop one out over night...that just doesn't happen.  So go ahead with your notions that Oakland will be 15-0 but dont be surprised when we all laugh in your face when your not close to that.

825715142[/snapback]

Yeah HOOLIe ...I got laughed at when I said that Siegel BBall would win the region and go to state in Oct too didn't I? And I got laughed at when I said that Siegel baseball would win too..........I am used to folk laughing at me....but it looks like OTHERS believe like I do and appreciate the support. And when you GET some support instead of doubters....good things happen. And Laugh all you want... that has NEVER stopped me before. I will say it again.....I BELIVE in our team and its coaches. They can get the JOB done/

yea i agree... why play a school sport if you don't have the desire to win a STATE championship?... the ring is the goal no matter how good or bad people think your team is.. trust me i know that from experience.

825715157[/snapback]

i think they have to desire to win it...but 1 win in 2 years its gonna take awhile to get to where they can start talkin state championship...and i think 6 wins would be a big step to that state talk

Whens the last time a Region 4 opponent went out and competed closely with Riverdale...outside of them yes I believe Siegel will be able to compete with everyone in region 4. and 2priceless alot of us thought that Siegel bball would be at regions and when we saw substate we knew we would be at state...I just find it ironic like TDCMan that I get hounded for saying Siegel will go 6-4 but no one budges when u guys say Oakland will go 15-0.

Whens the last time a Region 4 opponent went out and competed closely with Riverdale...outside of them yes I believe Siegel will be able to compete with everyone in region 4.  and 2priceless alot of us thought that Siegel bball would be at regions and when we saw substate we knew we would be at state...I just find it ironic like TDCMan that I get hounded for saying Siegel will go 6-4 but no one budges when u guys say Oakland will go 15-0.

825715174[/snapback]

Hoolie, we get hounded all the time you know that, and I do especially. I think it is rather fun myself. And we got beaten 17-7 by RHS in like 03 or 02......not exactly sure....that is a pretty close game.

2, just a question. Around springtime, you were saying Oaklands defense (PAIN TRAIN) would be their strength. Well, it doesnt seem like I have heard a bunch of things about yalls defense after these scrimmages. I know yall lost "demolition man," but is there anything to look out for in Oaklands defense or not? All I have really heard yall guys talk about is your QBs and recievers.

Also 2, last year in your signature it said something like "Oakland: Playoff bound in 2004." Obviously yall did not reach that goal, but a few posts back you said something like "if 15-0 is not your goal, why step on the field. you have to believe that u can win every game." Why was playoffs the goal last year but 15-0 is the goal this year? Whats so different between this year and last year? One thing I can say though, is it looks to me like the goals Oakland has set wont be accomplished 2 years in a row.

2, just a question. Around springtime, you were saying Oaklands defense (PAIN TRAIN) would be their strength. Well, it doesnt seem like I have heard a bunch of things about yalls defense after these scrimmages. I know yall lost "demolition man," but is there anything to look out for in Oaklands defense or not? All I have really heard yall guys talk about is your QBs and recievers.

Also 2, last year in your signature it said something like "Oakland: Playoff bound in 2004." Obviously yall did not reach that goal, but a few posts back you said something like "if 15-0 is not your goal, why step on the field. you have to believe that u can win every game." Why was playoffs the goal last year but 15-0 is the goal this year? Whats so different between this year and last year? One thing I can say though, is it looks to me like the goals Oakland has set wont be accomplished 2 years in a row.

825715252[/snapback]

I never had " in playoff bound in 04" in my signature. I had "I am for truth, justice,and the American Way" in my signature laST yr and the year before that. I think you are referring to oakland grad. If you look at MY posts from last year...I thought we would win EVERY single game. I never voted against my boys EVER in the Pick Em contest no matter who they played. So you are barking up the wrong tree, brother. I will NEVER believe they can't go all the way every single YEAR! 15-0 baby!

Yes, we lost DemolitionMan and that was a blow to our D. I think we now have the right adjustment at LB with Andy Mc at Mike LB and his Lil Brother....Michael at Jack LB. They are doing well together and I have been impressed with the way that they have adjusted. Kaelin Griffith is a MONSTER on D. He is DT and stout as a DANG bull. He was in #9 the Brentwood QB's face so many times for a sack that I think the coach just kept the whistle in his mouth ready to toot it so the kid wouldn't get hit. We are still the PAIN TRAIN baby.......this old man just got a lil distracted when his boy left , and truthfully it bothered me to talk about it . I have never doubted the D for a moment.

825715252[/snapback]

I can't answer the question about their defense with 100% certainty, but I believe they've had problems with injuries, transfers, and other issues. I seem to believe I've heard someone say that. I just can't remember who or when.

As far as the issue with Oakland going 15-0, I don't know whether they can or not. If you don't believe in yourself, nobody else will. You have to have it in your mind that nobody can touch you, or you won't get very far. I'm happy to see a team tht's been through what Oakland has in the past couple of years, and they still have that much confidence and, more importantly, that much heart. thumb

I can't answer the question about their defense with 100% certainty, but I believe they've had problems with injuries, transfers, and other issues.  I seem to believe I've heard someone say that.  I just can't remember who or when.

As far as the issue with Oakland going 15-0, I don't know whether they can or not.  If you don't believe in yourself, nobody else will.  You have to have it in your mind that nobody can touch you, or you won't get very far.  I'm happy to see a team tht's been through what Oakland has in the past couple of years, and they still have that much confidence and, more importantly, that much heart. thumb

825715267[/snapback]

Sorry, the question about D got answered before I could post this.

Hoolie, we get hounded all the time you know that, and I do especially. I think it is rather fun myself. And we got beaten  17-7 by RHS in like 03 or 02......not exactly sure....that is a pretty close game.

825715186[/snapback]

BTW,,, just checked the RHS football website and OHS lost 17-7 to RHS in 2002. like I said...a respectable score for sure. Don't you agree Hoolie?

i think they have to desire to win it...but 1 win in 2 years its gonna take awhile to get to where they can start talkin state championship...and i think 6 wins would be a big step to that state talk

825715166[/snapback]

never said it was realistic... just said it needs to be the desire of any high school athlete