CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

about the 15-0 thing...guys can say that...but do they truly mean it and believe it..because i really dont see anyone beating riverdale this year..

825715119[/snapback]

Id rather a team believe they can go 15-0 than one who thinks they can do it. After talking with some of the guys, Its not something that just talk about to be talking, but they believe it. Will Oakland go 15-0? Chances are they probably wont. But who thought Oakland would go from 5-5 to 13-2 over the course of 1 season

Oakland[/url'>Grad' date='Aug 13 2005 - 11:05 AM']Id rather a team believe they can go 15-0 than one who thinks they can do it.  After talking with some of the guys, Its not something that just talk about to be talking, but they believe it.  Will Oakland go 15-0? Chances are they probably wont. But who thought Oakland would go from 5-5 to 13-2 over the course of 1 season

they believe they can but you dont? is that what you are sayin?

they believe they can but you dont? is that what you are sayin?

825715124[/snapback]

15-0 is a hard mark to shot for because its a hard goal to shoot for no matter if your name is Riverdale, Maryville, Alcoa, whatever. With a few good bounces and a bit of luck, I believe 15-0 is attainable for Oakland, but im not going to have a breakdown if they dont

Im not talkn about what he says to Oakland Grad for his lil Oakland spotlight on his xanga...Im talkn about if i went up to him tonight somewhere...I HIGHLY doubt he would say that...sure hes gonna say 15-0 to OaklandGrad for his xanga...u tell reporters of any kind what they wanna hear...I know that first hand. I imagine it would go something like..."We should be pretty good I bet we go about 8-2 in regular season"

It's interesting that hoolie gets torched for suggesting that Siegel might go from 1-9 to 6-4 but then we have the OHS guys talking about going from 2-8 to 15-0 and that's OK. I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that Hoolie's prediction is FAR more realistic. I think 6-4 for either of these teams would be a good season to build off of this year.

Isn't the 3rd year when WC began to make their move?

The biggest game of the week has to be Oakland - Blackman. This is one of those must have games. You don't want to be looking at a uphill struggle after week 0.

Riverdale[/url]' date='Aug 13 2005 - 11:02 AM']Accepting nothing less?  Does that mean that when you lose a game you just cancel the rest of the season????

825715121[/snapback]

It is their mindset that they are not accepting the fact that they could be beaten....and we all know if you go on the field without believing you can defeat your foe...you might as well not suit up.

Im not talkn about what he says to Oakland Grad for his lil Oakland spotlight on his xanga...Im talkn about if i went up to him tonight somewhere...I HIGHLY doubt he would say that...sure hes gonna say 15-0 to OaklandGrad for his xanga...u tell reporters of any kind what they wanna hear...I know that first hand.  I imagine it would go something like..."We should be pretty good I bet we go about 8-2 in regular season"

825715128[/snapback]

Well then Hoolie...you go find him tonight and ASK him. And I will ask your players what they think and if they say well I think we can win well maybe 4 maybe 5........then I say...they need to hang it up.

BTW......Oaklandgrad isn't a reporter, and this team believes they can take it all. It isn't just a thing to say to a reporter.....they BELIEVE it just like I do.

It's interesting that hoolie gets torched for suggesting that Siegel might go from 1-9 to 6-4 but then we have the OHS guys talking about going from 2-8 to 15-0 and that's OK.  I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that Hoolie's prediction is FAR more realistic.  I think 6-4 for either of these teams would be a good season to build off of this year.

Isn't the 3rd year when WC began to make their move?

The biggest game of the week has to be Oakland - Blackman.  This is one of those must have games.  You don't want to be looking at a uphill struggle after week 0.

825715130[/snapback]

I think you have it all wrong TDCman. I NEVER said what their win-loss record would be. I only said that they weren't beating us. I applaud Hoolie for his fan support and HE knows that I do. He also knows that I was the one that had to get on him last yr when he was dogging his boys too hard. I AM arguing that if a team doesn't have goals of winning the state...then they don't need to play. Our kids have it, and his don't.

And you are right...our Blackman game will set the tone. Do I think we can win it...of course.

Theres a difference between goin out on the field playing to win and throwing out a realistic record for the year....its not as if they go out there with the plan to lose...I know when someone is better than me on the tennis court but that doesnt mean i go out there and just give up...u go out there and fight your #### off to see what happens. They are just being realistic when looking at their schedule and saying that record...Thats a solid year in my opinion. Some of you guys might want to think of it as the old saying goes Rome wasnt built in a day. Two teams with 1-9 and 2-8 records should be looking to turn things around...not go for a championship...Im being optimistic/realistic and you guys are just being idealistic for Oakland. Why do you hear people say...so and so is poised for a title run in '06. Because they are being REALISTIC and looking to BUILD a title contender...not pop one out over night...that just doesn't happen. So go ahead with your notions that Oakland will be 15-0 but dont be surprised when we all laugh in your face when your not close to that.

Edited by Harris' hooligans

I think you have it all wrong TDCman. I NEVER said  what their win-loss record would be. I only said that they weren't beating us. I applaud Hoolie for his fan support and HE knows that I do. He also knows that  I was the one that had to get on him last yr when he was dogging his boys too hard. I  AM  arguing that if a team doesn't have goals of winning the state...then they don't need to play. Our kids have it, and his don't.

And you are right...our Blackman game will set the tone. Do I think we can win it...of course.

825715140[/snapback]

yea i agree... why play a school sport if you don't have the desire to win a STATE championship?... the ring is the goal no matter how good or bad people think your team is.. trust me i know that from experience.