loudon vs alcoa

free4only1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, apparently Alcoa took care of business. I wish i could have went to that one, but college has me too busy. Good job Alcoa. The score seems to remind me of the highly anticipated Rockwood game last year. It sounded like a good game, congrats on the shutout. The season doesn't get easier for Alcoa yet, i believe they play McCalie next week, can't make it to that one, but they better bring their best game.

Go Alcoa

Brad

Just wondering...Does Loudon want to add anything else? Any comment on how Alcoa isn't as good as they think they are? I'm not a fan of either team, but it gets on my nerves how people deny how good Alcoa truly is. If you really thought Loudon could win this game, apparently you hadn't seen Alcoa play. I haven't seen them play this year, but I saw them play last year on t.v. and they returned a lot of players. A lot of players. Loudon is a good, solid team this year. They've had some impressive victories. Alcoa beat this solid team by 28 points tonight. Does anyone doubt Alcoa now?

Just wondering...Does Loudon want to add anything else?  Any comment on how Alcoa isn't as good as they think they are?  I'm not a fan of either team, but it gets on my nerves how people deny how good Alcoa truly is.  If you really thought Loudon could win this game, apparently you hadn't seen Alcoa play.  I haven't seen them play this year, but I saw them play last year on t.v. and they returned a lot of players.  A lot of players.  Loudon is a good, solid team this year.  They've had some impressive victories.  Alcoa beat this solid team by 28 points tonight.  Does anyone doubt Alcoa now?

825753510[/snapback]

I will start off by saying congrats to Alcoa...they are a very tallented and impressive team. by far the best 2-A team in this area. with that said I still believe they are beatable. we shot ourselves in the foot by making mistakes early on. if we do not fumble on the first play then the first score comes a little later. our aggressive ball pursuit caused us 2 TD's when the offense went against the grain and caught us on the wrong side of the field without the speed to overcome. the second half was a better game for Loudon. I was impressed that we never gave up and the fact when the game was over our boys still had there head up because they felt it no shame losing to a quality opponent like Alcoa.

now for the individuals on the team

B. Warren- good solid player, very tallented but a bit of a hot head. it was evident late in the game when he dropped to passes and then got a personal called on him because out of frustration he threw a cheap shot to the head of a defender.

R. Sykes- very tallented player...OMG he is unreal. for my all american team I pick him over Warren...he is definately over shadowed by warren.

D. Lyndsay- good solid back, runs hard and hits like a truck.

Negatives

the play with the Loudon kick return with T. Campbell carrying the ball- the personal foul was one that I thought warranted an ejection. that is the type of play that can cause serious injury or even death to a player. that was totally un called for and should not be tollerated on any level. if this was NCAA or NFL, and I know it isn't the player would have been ejected and fined.

Part 2 to the play- when medical attetion was being given to Campbell the Loudon fans were booing the play as would Alcoa if it was reversed. #50 ( not sure of the name) turned to the Loudon bench and crowd and done a Macho flex. this was while the condition of the injured player was unknown. this is my opinion is very poor conduct and sportsmanship and is reflective of the coach. you can say what you will about Loudon but I do know that if a Loudon player, yes even J. Hawkins had done that to an opponent he would be benched for the game or dealt with in an appropriate manner and it would not have been taken lightly.

in closing good showing by Alco and way to hang in there Loudon. despite all the things I said Loudon did to hurt themselve it would still have been a Alcoa victory....we hope to see you all in November.

Go Redskins

the facemask on the kickoff was OBVIOUSLY not on purpose. They were running right at one another and the guy returning the kick made a juke, the guy from Alcoa reached out and grabbed his facemask by accident. I don't believe ANYONE would grab someone's facemask on purpose and rip someone's helmet off. It was definitely a personal foul/15 yard penalty, but worthy of an EJECTION? My God it's football! That kind of stuff unfortunately happens sometimes. I'm glad the guy from Loudon was okay.

The personal foul on Warren toward the end of the game was questionable as well, it could have gone either way. He dropped the pass and turned around with a guy right in his face, so he lowered his head a little and made contact. It looked a lot worse than what it was just because he's so much bigger than the Loudon player he made contact with. I can live with that being a personal foul just because it may or may not have been unnecessary. The guy from Loudon didn't even fall down or anything.

I liked Hawkins from Loudon. If he were on a good team he would be super super good.

As far as Reid not having control over his players, I totally agree. They are incredibly undisciplined. It seems like every game there is somebody out there dancing and acting retarded. Against Fulton last week there were like 2 or 3 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for endzone celebrations. I don't like Reid because I don't feel like he conveys the right attitude, you can say what you want but it's evident on the field that "goofing off" is "okay." Coach Dalton or Fugate (past Alcoa coaches) would not tolerate that kind of behavior for ONE second. Sportsmanship is a big part of high school football since the kids are still maturing and trying to learn what's right and what's wrong.

Please, EJECTED? The guy who was called for the face mask, Bobby Keller, told me after the game that he was going for the kids shoulder pads, but accidentally got hold of the facemask. Bobby is as nice of a kid as there is, and to think he did that on purpose is just crazy.

Josh Hawkins, was an O.K. back, definitely never had a chance of matching Lindsey "yard for yard", but he was an O.K., hard runner. The QB was a good scrambler, but his throwing arm is kind of questionable. Loudon's FB was a very tough runner, and was very hard to bring down at times.

Duck had an average game. He had good blocking, but didn't really run over as many people as I thought he would, (although #21 got trucked pretty good on Duck's 2nd TD.) Joei didn't pass too much but when he did they were accurate. Brandon dropped two passes, and probably played his worst offensive game of the year, but did add a very nice 66- yard TD reception.

Defense played very well, they seem to get better every game.

Alcoa will meet Loudon again in November at Goddard Field.

all of you who think coach reid is a bad coach is wrong, he is a great coach and has proven it with the wins.  I think you all worry to much about everything but the game, gosh get over it!!

825754324[/snapback]

I agree its kinda like well we can't talk bad about the way they acually played the game so lets pick apart every other thing we see. Everybody in Blount County knows that Larry Hunt hates anthing that to do with Alcoa. He called the personal foul on Brandon. I didn't have a good view on it but I would hope he is not stupid enough to do something like that. Especially now with everybody who thinks they know football watching him with mircoscope like closeness.