loudon vs alcoa

free4only1

I guess one player would have made the difference between 41-14 midway in the 4th quarter,28-0 early in the 3rd quarter and 21-0 halftime?

Maryville was missing their starting middle linebacker(Matt Valentine) and a receiver (Drew Brown) who would make a big difference right now had he been playing. Instead he is out for the year.

All I heard from some Alcoa fans is Alcoa will kill Maryville even without Brandon Warren. Who's fault is it that Brandon Warren had to sit out? It was Brandon Warrens. Do you think Brandon Warren is the only player who gets cheap shots taken on him? Heck! Maryville players have cheap shots taken at them all the time. I remember a game last year where Jimmy Wallace had to wear a patch after the game because some player from another team poked him in the eye and punched him.

As hard as it is you have to walk away.

I guarantee you that some of these teams that Alcoa plays this year will be taking cheap shots at Brandon Warren and the other stars for Alcoa.

Edited by REBELRON

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess one player would have made the difference between 41-14 midway in the 4th quarter,28-0 early in the 3rd quarter and 21-0 halftime?

Maryville was missing their starting middle linebacker(Matt Valentine) and a receiver (Drew Brown) who would make a big difference right now had he been playing. Instead he is out for the year.

All I heard from some Alcoa fans is Alcoa will kill Maryville even without Brandon Warren. Who's fault is it that Brandon Warren had to sit out? It was Brandon Warrens. Do you think Brandon Warren is the only player who gets cheap shots taken on him? Heck! Maryville players have cheap shots taken at them all the time. I remember a game last year where Jimmy Wallace had to wear a patch after the game because some  player from another team poked him in the eye and punched him.

As hard as it is you have to walk away.

I guarantee you that some of these teams that Alcoa plays this year will be taking cheap shots at Brandon Warren and the other stars for Alcoa.

825750284[/snapback]

listen, all I am saying is that Brandon Warren is a great player. no one can block him or cover him (in high school). you shouldn't get all bent out of shape about it. i'm not insulting maryville, this includes all schools. he is truly a phenominal athlete. HE DOES MORE THAN JUST CATCH AND TACKLE. that is what alot of people don't understand, he does alot for the psyche of this team.

why don't you watch him play a game and then tell me that he wouldn't have made a difference. valentine and brown didn't play, good point. but they are not on the same level as warren. and by the way alcoa will beat loudon.

Loudon is a sentimental favorite for me b/c I have a lot of family there but this game will belong to Alcoa.  Anyone who watched BW and others last week dismantle Fulton would come to the same conclusion.  Bottom line is that Alcoa is just too fast and talented for Loudon and the other teams in not only 2A but the state.

825749880[/snapback]

That is a funny comment for one Obviously not anyone in the state cause they got beat and two if you even consider that Alcoa could beat a team like Oak Ridge or Riverdale and some others you are out of your mind. Yes Alcoa is good but they arent great if they was they would be in the top 25 in the country.

actually this only happens in the maryville game.  maryville beat alcoa b/c mentally they have an advantage.

only way that loudon can win is if they temporarily change their colors to red and black and then call themselves the rebels instead of the redskins.  however i will say that the more i watch brandon warren play, the more i'm convinced that if he had played in the maryville game alcoa would have won.

825750234[/snapback]

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah..... What game were you at? Were you wearing extra think blinders? Yeah.....maybe it was mental for Alcoa but there was nothing mental about Maryville's line completely dominating BOTH sides of the LOS. George Quarels took his foot off the gas mid way through the 3rd quarter. Mayville was subbing freely on defense at that point. If GQ and staff wanted to Alcoa would not have scored in that game.....yes SHUT OUT!. Maryville could have put a 60 spot on Alcoa.

I knew it wouldn't take long for a few of you Alcoa brain surgeons to start telling yourself that. Thanks for the laugh....

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah..... What game were you at? Were you wearing extra think blinders? Yeah.....maybe it was mental for Alcoa but there was nothing mental about Maryville's line completely dominating BOTH sides of the LOS. George Quarels took his foot off the gas mid way through the 3rd quarter. Mayville was subbing freely on defense at that point. If GQ and staff wanted to Alcoa would not have scored in that game.....yes SHUT OUT!. Maryville could have put a 60 spot on Alcoa.

I knew it wouldn't take long for a few of you Alcoa brain surgeons to start telling yourself that. Thanks for the laugh....

825750316[/snapback]

you're full of it. listen, if warren was on the defensive line in that game maryville would not have ran the ball as well as they did. they have no one that can block him. hands down, he is the best overall player in the state. just watch him kick the ball on kickoffs. and way to make excuses for your team. if my reasoning is no good, then neither is yours. you say maryville could have shut alcoa out if they wanted too. i say that if brandon warren plays, alcoa wins.

I only remember Brandon Warren making 1 play that stood out in a Maryville/Alcoa game and that is when he nailed Adam Parnell for a loss in 2003. In 2004 he was a non factor. 1 catch for 7 yds.

Maryville would have beaten Alcoa with or without Brandon Warren.

I think Alcoa will beat Loudon friday night.

Alcoa's only chance of losing the rest of this season will be to Chatt McCallie. They will beat everyone else they have left on their schedule.

you're full of it.  listen, if warren was on the defensive line in that game maryville would not have ran the ball as well as they did.  they have no one that can block him.  hands down, he is the best overall player in the state.  just watch him kick the ball on kickoffs.  and way to make excuses for your team.  if my reasoning is no good, then neither is yours.  you say maryville could have shut alcoa out if they wanted too.  i say that if brandon warren plays, alcoa wins.

825750335[/snapback]

Excuses? There are not excuses in my post. The excuses for Alcoa getting THUMPED are in your post. I guess you are right....if Warren was in there for kickoffs The University of Alcoa would have won....LMBO. No doubt Warren would have helped but Maryville would have still THUMPED Alcoa.

That "best in the state" crap and all the D-1 hype garbage was just a little more icing on the cake watching that hollow look on the Alcoa fans and players faces as Maryville completely dominated the U of Alcoa. Feigler was not the best QB on the field that night......Duck was not the best RB that night....and BW would not have been the best TE that night as that little sophomore from Maryville dominated the great over-hyped Alcoa D-line all night. Ohhh......he also caught a few passes.

I now recall all those less than brilliant posts you made pregame. You didn't look to bright then and now you dumber than ever. Most Alcoa fans are smart enough to not make ignorant statements as you have but as for you.......we will let you prove if again and again.

Oh.....btw......have you finished eating your portion of crow?....... :thumb:

Fan2Fan,

The Alcoa - Loudon Game is now 2 1/2 days away, You still feel like Hawkins dominates Lindsey in the running game? Do you still feel like Alcoa is over-rated in every aspect other than ego?

Nows the time to talk the talk.............Do you REALLY feel as confident about beating this pathetic, over sized ego Alcoa team as you did a couple of weeks ago?

Not seeing anymore trash talk from you this week of the game leads me to believe you know deep down that loudon gets beat and possibly as bad as Fulton? Oh......and I mean that in the nicest way! :thumb:

-BlountCountySportsFan

P.S. Go Rebels!

825749593[/snapback]

for your info BC Smart a_ _

I am not downuing the Torndo team. when I reffer to arogant tornadoes I am talking about those who are bias to Alcoa and come in here and start talking about how they do not see anyone getting within 40 points all year. that is arogant. if you read all my post you will see that I said alcoa is tallented but beatable. I have not said a whole lot in here because I do think alcoa will defeat Loudon but anything can happen. we too have mouthy , arogant fans as well as you all but at anytime did we say we are unbeatable. but we do like to be confident and not lie down to our opponent....see you on here afeter the game. good luck to all and GO REDSKINS.

:thumb:

Excuses? There are not excuses in my post. The excuses for Alcoa getting THUMPED are in your post. I guess you are right....if Warren was in there for kickoffs The University of Alcoa would have won....LMBO. No doubt Warren would have helped but Maryville would have still THUMPED Alcoa.

That "best in the state" crap and all the D-1 hype garbage was just a little more icing on the cake watching that hollow look on the Alcoa fans and players faces as Maryville completely dominated the U of Alcoa. Feigler was not the best QB on the field that night......Duck was not the best RB that night....and BW would not have been the best TE that night as that little sophomore from Maryville dominated the great over-hyped Alcoa D-line all night. Ohhh......he also caught a few passes.

I now recall all those less than brilliant posts you made pregame. You didn't look to bright then and now you dumber than ever. Most Alcoa fans are smart enough to not make ignorant statements as you have but as for you.......we will let you prove if again and again.

825750509[/snapback]

Are those kids on the team or some who will come out of the stands to play, If Coach Reid calls on them? :lol:;)

Look enough of this Brandon Warran worship. He's a dominate player at 2A. He is not unstoppable and there are many teams in this state that could spank the U of Alcoa! Maryville did it without being the best they have been the past few years on offence.

Like I said if Loudon and can be aggressive, keep the score low/close till late Alcoa might lay down and Loudon can get the win vs. U of Alcoa. If UA gets 21 quick points by the middle of the second qtr, Loudon loses. I will be checking the radio for the play by play.

I am not downuing the Torndo team. when I reffer to arogant tornadoes I am talking about those who are bias to Alcoa and come in here and start talking about how they do not see anyone getting within 40 points all year. that is arogant.

825750523[/snapback]

NO Fan2FAN...........your post clearly targets the ALCOA TEAM, as you state that the TEAM has a big ego. You also trash talked all the kids that are labeled D-1 talent, as you state that they can not even spell Division 1.............

Also, If you have a problem with bias fans from other teams talking up their team......... then this site is the LAST place you need to be! You also need to understand some of the people picking Alcoa to win are not even Alcoa fans, but people who believe Alcoa simply wins this up coming game. Arogant?..no just their opinion.........

If people continue to pick Alcoa to win by 40, and that upsets you?.......then probably the truth hurts?!

-BlountCountySportsFan

825750509[/snapback]

its always nice to strike a nerve and see an idiot blab nonsense out of his mouth. learn to speak proper english if you are going to post a response this site. but i guess that is too much to expect.

i admit, i thought alcoa was going to win but i also didn't realize they were not going to be at their best. put a star by that win because BOTH teams were not at their best.

maryville is good but they are not as good as you make them out to be. the thought that there might be one player that is better than anyone on your team just absolutely abhores you.

it's so funny!!!!!!!! whether you like or not, brandon warren is the best player in tennessee and that little sophomore would have realized it as well.

i'm not predicting it, but it will really be funny when alcoa is winning a state championship and maryville is sitting at home with 2 or 3 losses. your qb had a fluke of a game and the te impressed me as much as the denver broncos did on sunday.

it's always nice to strike a nerve!!!!! if you had beaten alcoa with warren in the game, i would give you all the credit you deserved. but they beat an alcoa team that was not at their best and you can't deny that.

the rest of the state is going to figure it out as well.

ohh....one more thing. our '89 team beats any of your teams.