Alcoa Vs. Maryville

TnFootballfan

This will be a war as always.  It will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes.  Alcoa is not a diciplined team. alcoa06 posted it saying that TD's were called back.  Alcoa had alot of penaltys in the jamboree.  You can't make mistakes against a good football team like Maryville. They will take advantage of those mistakes.  It comes down to coaching, and GQ has more class in his little finger than coach reid has in his whole body.  Maryville  27

Alcoa      21

825722562[/snapback]

Coach Reid showed his Class at the end of the game when he refused the timeout one of his kids called from Hoptowns goal line. I was in attendance and clearly anyone coach or fan would be temted to run up the score simply out of frustration do to some of the calls, Alcoa had Ran the ball right down Hoptowns throat most of the second half with power and grace @ will against a tired, hot and very over matched team. The score could have been really ugly guys... All of you down there should be proud of the Maryville and Alcoa teams. I have to drive eight hours to see big time High School ball "you folks have it in your backyard". I'm sure someone from MHS was @ the game watching.... Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm not "I bet you were very impressed with the the tremendous Depth the Tornadoes have on offense and defense" Good luck #51, Uncle Dan

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fiegler isnt all he is cracked up to be in my book, he is nothing more than a solid passer with good recievers, certainly not a D1 prospect in my opinion.

825723686[/snapback]

That's probably why you're not a D-1 coach, I'd leave the evaluating up to them ;).

Let me take a wild guess. You don't know Brandon personally, and you call him a thug for hitting someone that was choking him. Doesn't seem very thug-like to me, I think it was more self-defense.

Yes, Alcoa will appeal...and I think they will probably win...

825723097[/snapback]

I do not think the Appeal will do any good. The evidence that he didn't do it is not on tape. Since it isn't TSSAA will take the KY version and leave it alone. These D-1 prospects are going to have to realize they all have a red X on them any everyone will be out to get them.

TSSAA will not overturn this..

I do not think the Appeal will do any good. The evidence that he didn't do it is not on tape. Since it isn't TSSAA will take the KY version and leave it alone. These D-1 prospects are going to have to realize they all have a red X on them any everyone will be out to get them.

TSSAA will not overturn this..

825723760[/snapback]

They should overturn it though!! Once they see that both players where ejected and their player came back in and scored then maybe they'll see what kind of refs called the game!! These refs didn't know the rules of the game and it showed!!

warren is a thug, that is why he isnt playing in the game. he knew that there was a way important gamecoming next week but he is too self centered to think about anyone but himself. this guy is pitiful, but anyways...

What the h*%$ is your problem? I bet I cant tell you though. You were probably the last kid to be picked for kickball in elementary school and never played a down of football in your life. That translates into you being very jealous of somebody that is making a name for themselves. If I ever see you in public I'g going to walk up to you, choke you, and see how you react. If you throw a punch or whatever to retaliate then you will see exactly why Brandon did it. But by looking at your post you would be most likely to let me sit there and choke you and be a tremendous coward. Keep your crap like that off of here and realize that you are talking about HIGH SCHOOL KIDS!!!!! If you think Brandon is such a thug, then what do you consider Scott Wilks and company that made that counterfit money? You prolly have posters of them on your wall and see them as your life time heroes. Get a life bro and again KEEP CRAP LIKE THAT OFF OF HERE!.

Anyways, back to the real topic of this thread, the actual game. With the loss of Brandon I think this game will come down to the running game and whoever can make a big play on special teams. Both teams have 2 great running backs, but I would have to give the slight advantage to the Duck and Deck Show. I would also give the advantage to Alcoa's O-Line(I think thats a first) becaue at the jamboree Maryvilles line looked very small, but they are probably very strong because of GQ's workout program. Alcoa takes the advantage in this phase.

Special Teams. Whoever can get some kind of big, momentum shifting play on special teams will be the one that comes out on top. This could be a blocked field goal or punt, a kick return, or a game winning field goal. Big plays on special teams seem to hurt teams morale more than other because you dont expect them as much. I dont know much about Maryville's special teams besides that they have a great kicker, but I do know that Alcoa's return men(Kyrus, Duck, or Shiverdecker) are all one block away from scoring.

Just some food for thought.

Alcoa 21

Maryville 20

Why do you think that? Because it is Brandon Warren? I thought the rule was pretty explicit, you get tossed out of a game you sit the next one. If the TSSAA overturns this then the precedence is set: " you sit: unless you are an all stater headed to FSU and this is your biggest game of the year". I know this will make some Alcoa folks mad, (especially V Vol, everything makes him mad) but according to the rules he should not play. It doesn't matter how good a kid he is, how bad the officiating was, if he was slapping away the kids hands from his throat or taking a swing at him. None of that matters. If you get tossed  you are suppose to sit the next one. If you want this kid to learn a lesson you might want to have him serve his penalty. Might be more useful in the long run, rather than trying every way under the sun for justifying what he did. Some guy writing into the paper this morning even presumes to know exactly what the Maryville coaching staff and the whole community feel. For our sake I hope he plays because should we win that is all we will hear although in 2000 when we had to use our third string qb alcoa accused us of making excuses. But in fairness, to everyone else who has had to sit out, to everyone else who has gotten caught protecting themselves and had to sit out, BW should have to also.

825723147[/snapback]

The precedence has already been set, the TSSAA has overturned suspensions of players that have been ejected. It happened in 2003 to Jefferson Co when Scooter Houston and Arron Carson were ejected after coming to the aid of another player that was attacked by a Mo West player. The film showed that neither player did anything worthy of an ejection and it was overturned. If it is proven that a player was wrongfully ejected the suspension should be overturned. The problem from what I've heard is that there is no video evidence to warrant Warren being cleared.

If Warren plays it will definetely give Maryville's defense something to worry about along with all of the other weapons Alcoa has, BUT Maryville's defense is too good. With outstanding linebackers who have the experience, also a defensive line that can by far hold its own against anybody around here. The defensive backs are fast and hit hard. Alcoa will have terrible field position every single possession because of Maryville's kickers. The only thing i see Maryville having a problem with is offense, and still our O-line is smaller than last year but strong. Our running backs will giving Coach Reid a headache by the end of the game trying to figure out how to stop these guys. Maryville's QB's can be awesome, but Maryville's defense just has to set the offense up with good field position and let GQ deal with the rest. I'm predicting a low scoring game. Well worth the price of admission and then some.

Maryville 17

Alcoa 14

The precedence has already been set, the TSSAA has overturned suspensions of players that have been ejected. It happened in 2003 to Jefferson Co when Scooter Houston and Arron Carson were ejected after coming to the aid of another player that was attacked by a Mo West player. The film showed that neither player did anything worthy of an ejection and it was overturned. If it is proven that a player was wrongfully ejected the suspension should be overturned. The problem from what I've heard is that there is no video evidence to warrant Warren being cleared.

825723954[/snapback]

There is video of the incident and it shows BW and the Hop player struggling with each other just after BW and the Hop player collide and they both fall to the ground. Next you see that BW is on top of him and BW to me looks like he is trying to get away from the Hop player. The bad news is that BW was so frantically trying to get away from the Hop player that to an objective TSSAA person it might like an altercation and that BW was getting aggressive--even though I really think BW was just trying to gey away. I guess we will see what happens? But I really don't feel that the video will be conclusive enough for an overturn.

Edited by krakatoa

Enough about the Brandon Warren incident I want to talk football.  If you want to talk about the Brandon Warren thing then MAKE A POST.

825724012[/snapback]

We can talk about BW on here if we want to!! Who are you to say that we can't?? And talking about him is about football, but anyway I still believe Alcoa can win this game, but they will have to play extremely hard all 4 quarters!! thumb

The name of this game will be "Who Can Score the Fastest!". Pretty much "he who scores last will win the game"! I think BOTH teams have their weekness...Maryville is weak in the offense area. They have a strong running back but a (could prove me wrong) weak QB. Not much experience under his belt.

However, Maryville does have good WR's which can make a QB look good even if he isnt.

Alcoa is weak now that they do not have one of their stars...but besides that they will be week in the passing area. One because they no longer have Warren and two Maryville has a good defense. Alcoa will have a great running game with two different weapons.

In the end, it will come down to who's running game can make it to the end zone the most times.

Alcoa has a very stong running game with a pretty good defense.

Maryville has a very stong defense with a pretty good running game.