And what was with throwing Edmonds out. Did he insult the guys mother or something? He didn't seem to do anything wrong. He just walked to the Ump. and simply stated his opinion. He wasn't in his face or trying to cause a scene. Doesn't make sense at all. I do have to stand beside LaRussa. He had every right to argue the calls last night.

I agree on the Edmonds deal, I dont know what he said in that at bat, but I know in the previous at bat when he was called out on strike he told the ump,"thats horrible"! If I were Edmonds I would have been all up on him also for calling that a swing or a strike, which ever one he called! That was a very bad call! I thought it was funny because that J-Rod came in and didnt like much knocking it out of the park with a 3-2 count!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cards fans better buy some Pepto-Bismo on your way home from work, school, etc.......I'm afraid the playoff run might come to an end tonight.....

Pepto...HA B) I will need more than that if it ends tonight. My liquor cabinet will be wide open.

I thought it was funny because that J-Rod came in and didnt like much knocking it out of the park with a 3-2 count!

I know it. I almost passed out. I had the "W" visions and the tied series visions for about five seconds, then the ball came down. B)

The Cards have to hit it down the left field line more. Taguchi, J-Rod, and Pujols would all have HUGE home runs if they would have put the ball down that way.

Dont be crying and putting your problems off on the Braves fans! By making the statement you made, all you are doing is trying to divert the attention of the Cards horrible play to the shortcomings of the Braves! I am not a Cards fan, but I dont think the Cards are done with the sticks and solid pitching due up, this couyld go to 7 games, but you on the other hand have done given up on your own team, did you see the Braves or there fans give up? NO, I think what you saw was 18 innings and 6 hours of some of the finest baseball you will ever see! And no matter what you say to try and ruffle the feathers of the Braves fans, the Braves still have a more recent championship than the Cards!

Anyways, the Cards are not done, they just have to start swinging the bat like they did in the regular season!

Need help with reading comprehension? I was replying to one of your Brave buddies who brought the Braves into the conversation. I certainly don't want to talk about the Braves, they are no longer playing. I certainly wasn't crying and certainly showed no indication of giving up on the Cards. Said outlook was bleak, but if Carpenter can get them back home, who knows? And the other comment was "if" they lose one more to Astros, then it would be a disappointing season, but they're not there yet. And the length of time since the Cardinals last championship is the reason for the disappointment IF the season ends without the World Championship, as the Braves fans should be disappointed IMO. But there is still hope for the Cardinals in 2005, just no more room for error.

No way Ump should have thrown out Edmonds in that situation for what he did. But Edmonds has to stop and know not to risk getting tossed in that situation, Another case where umpire was wrong, but Edmonds should have backed off after he made his point.

The Astros pitchers are doing an excellent job of not giving anything to pull. Guess it comes from pitching in that park all year. I keep waiting for one of the lefties to inside out one and flip it over that wall. Astros are definitely taking advantage of their home field.

Pepto...HA :thumb: I will need more than that if it ends tonight. My liquor cabinet will be wide open.

I know it. I almost passed out. I had the "W" visions and the tied series visions for about five seconds, then the ball came down. B)

The Cards have to hit it down the left field line more. Taguchi, J-Rod, and Pujols would all have HUGE home runs if they would have put the ball down that way.

I hate that field. I hate it with a passion. It's the most gimmick-filled stadium in baseball.

I think we can all agree on that.

And even Rush Limbaugh was tearing into that ump today. Peter Gammons was even better. He had already been fired from MLB once, begged for his job back, and the only reason he is there is because of the 99 umpires strike. Can someone tell me how this guy gets a playoffs series?

Cardinals finally took advantage of that short left field fence ;) . That ball would have went out of Yellowstone.

Going back home down 3-2 just like last year. Still a long way to go, but closer now than yesterday. As soon as Eck got the hit, you could almost feel something about to happen. Would have loved to hear Jack Buck call that one.