CLOSED SCHOOLS

Red Rebels

Yes, and Antioch H. S. was perched near that famous resot center, THE BLUE HOLE OF MILLS CREEK.

Yep............a beautiful resort.

While we are on subject of Antioch H.S. The old game field named after the late long-time coach Warren Dunn is in disrepair.

Question: Why is game field at new school not had the name transferred..........this is appropriate I think

Any thoughts!!

Edited by coach763

Pruden High School was actually located in Claiborne County on the KY border. It closed in the mid-60s...and I believe they were called the Panthers.

Stony Fork School in Campbell County closed just last year. They played basketball up until the late 60s and I actually saw them in a District tournament one time. SF only had like 30 kids in the whole school---located in the most remote spot in the US, I believe! I think they were the Vikings or Mountain Vikings.

The Norma Wildcats and Robbins Hawks consolidated along with Huntsville into Scott County/Scott High. I remember when Norma had a basketball player named Henry Hutson who led the state in scoring one year.

Wallace School, Nashville

Hume, Nashville...now Hume Fogg

Fogg, Nashville...now Hume Fogg

Morgan School, Petersburg

Messick, Memphis

Memphis Prep

Skyview, Memphis

Murfreesboro Central

Memphis Tech

Mooney School, Franklin

Purdy?

Nashville Cathedral

College Grove

Hillsboro School, Liepers Fork

Bethesda School?

Natchez, Franklin?

Ramer?

Alpine?

Father Bertrand High - Memphis

Douglas High "Red Devils" - Memphis

Woodstock High School - Shelby County/Memphis. P.S. That is the Woodstock quoted in the famous song "Soul Man" by Sam and Dave

Lester Lions (Memphis) - Combined with East High Former Pro Bowl Defensive End Claude Humphrey (Falcons, Eagles) was a graduate of Lester

Geeter High "Dragons" - Memphis/Shelby County

The reason was that the powers that be said he did not coach at that field.

That is no reason!............there are several fields around the state that are not named after coaches. Some of them are named after people who contributed money or work to the fields. I would say that Warren Dunn contributed quite a bit to the Antioch community.

Edited by coach763