CLOSED SCHOOLS

Red Rebels

In Middle Tennessee, you had Columbia Military, Gallatin Union, Clarksville Burt, Tennessee Youth Center, Tennessee Preparatory School (and before that, Tennessee Industrial School), Peabody Demonstration School (played football in the '50's)

Peabody Demonstration School is now the University School of Nashville. USN, of course, does not have a football team. They don't have a squad because Peabody Demonstration School illegally used Vanderbilt students and experienced great success until a new headmaster took over and said he wanted to do things the right way. The team took a nosedive and soon the administration decided to just get rid of the football program.

Peabody Demonstration School is now the University School of Nashville. USN, of course, does not have a football team. They don't have a squad because Peabody Demonstration School illegally used Vanderbilt students and experienced great success until a new headmaster took over and said he wanted to do things the right way. The team took a nosedive and soon the administration decided to just get rid of the football program.

It's a cheap shot, and I'm a Vandy alum, but here goes.....

Most years, the addition of Vanderbilt players to a high school football team really wouldn't have had a very positive influence...

I have to add after reading all these, I grew up in Goodlettsville too. I spent many days in Pea Park as both my brothers were ball players and about your age (Whitaker).

They played football under Coach Smallen too! You couldn't beat Coach Smallen.

Walking to Dairy Queen if your team won!

You are right, everyone knew everyone.

Pleasent Green swimming pool was the place to go.

Someone mentioned Gateway... wow... old times... they are closing that one.

Neighborhood schools are a thing of the past. Rivalries aren't what they used to be.

The talk between Madison and Goodlettsville was always rough. There was always going to be a "fight", there was always a prank going on one side or the other.

Remember the WENO wagon behind the bleachers at the G'ville games?? LOL!

Who is Hunter's Lane rival now????

Edited by DAC

The outstanding Central High Golden Tornadoes of Nashville Tn. It was on the hill overlooking the beautiful Nashville Fairgrounds.

Yes, the "Tornadoes" had a great zone:

1) Purina Feed Mill

2.) The Fairgrounds

3.) Woodlawn Cemetery

Also, Ernest Smallen was the last FB coach at Central.............I am pretty sure??

Edited by coach763

I have to add after reading all these, I grew up in Goodlettsville too. I spent many days in Pea Park as both my brothers were ball players and about your age (Whitaker).

They played football under Coach Smallen too! You couldn't beat Coach Smallen.

Walking to Dairy Queen if your team won!

You are right, everyone knew everyone.

Pleasent Green swimming pool was the place to go.

Someone mentioned Gateway... wow... old times... they are closing that one.

Neighborhood schools are a thing of the past. Rivalries aren't what they used to be.

The talk between Madison and Goodlettsville was always rough. There was always going to be a "fight", there was always a prank going on one side or the other.

Remember the WENO wagon behind the bleachers at the G'ville games?? LOL!

Who is Hunter's Lane rival now????

DAC,

Who were your brothers?