The Kingsport Times News

WaCoJaCo

Thats sorry coverage, but at least they covered teams in the state of Tennessee. The Kingsport Times News can't even do that!

First off, the West fans aren't happy unless every page is dedicated to them.

Second, the information is completely false. The West and East previews both ran on Friday while Rutledge and Jefferson County had their previews on Thursday.

Might want to start screening posters for IQ and the quantity of gray matter in the ole brain...that comment from westhightrojanfan2007 was pretty dumb.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Topic resurrection...

Did anybody notice the coverage of the Science Hill/DB game yesterday? A significant improvement it seems. Was it just because of the nature of the rivalry or did the Kingsport Times hear about the discussion that was taking place on this thread? Did anybody forward a link to this thread or something?

I guess next Friday's game will tell us something. Round 1 of the playoffs wouldn't likely seem important to the powers that be at the Times. Bill Lane will probably have trouble getting permission to put a recap on page 5 of the sports section.

An yes, South needs to be given better coverage too. In fact the DB and South games should receive front page coverage on the sports section.

Yes, I saw that. My first thought was somebody at TN had read this thread. I do know from a past conversation with someone that Bill Lane reads these threads. When I started this thread I never intended for it to be just about DB or just about Gate City. I do think DB, North & South should always be on the front page of the Sports section though. That was exelent coverage of DB Saturday.

Kingsport has 2 teams with 9-1 records.......DB and Sullivan South. Both first in their conferences.......only 1 point seperated these teams........neither team gets much coverage.......although db receives more than south.....very pitiful if you ask me......high school football coverage died at the times news when ron bliss left....

QUOTE(WaCoJaCo @ Oct 23 2005 - 08:31 AM)

Thats sorry coverage, but at least they covered teams in the state of Tennessee. The Kingsport Times News can't even do that!

First off, the West fans aren't happy unless every page is dedicated to them.

Second, the information is completely false. The West and East previews both ran on Friday while Rutledge and Jefferson County had their previews on Thursday.

Might want to start screening posters for IQ and the quantity of gray matter in the ole brain...that comment from westhightrojanfan2007 was pretty dumb.

i'd like to know your IQ. I would post mine on here, but I have class and I'm not about letting everyone into my personal life. Second of all, the only 2 teams worth printing in the CT are East and West..Most readers are from MORRISTOWN...

The Bristol Herald Courier does the same to us. They spend more time covering SW Va football than the Vikings. Someone told me it was to sell more papers to the "region". I would say that is what is happening in Kpt as well. They figure that everyone in Kpt is going to buy their paper anyway since it is the city's only paper so they try to attract readers and subscribers outside of the city to increase their sales.