White County Vs. Maryville

FBEmeritus

I would like to be the first to extend a warm welcome to the 6-4 White County Warriors to Stanley Shields Stadium at Renfro Field, home of the Eight Time and current defending State Champions, the Maryville High School Red Rebels! On your last visit in 1999 you were defeated 28-7 during GQ’s first season where the Rebels were stopped one game short of thier quest to repeat as State Champions by the Knotz Central boocatz!

We hope you enjoy your trip to the game and hope we as fans treat you with respect and class. The rebels however have peaked as a team and will be looking to advance into the second round at your expence. But none the less welcome.

If anyone knows anything about White County please share the info.

What I know thus far, without too much study I know the White County Warriors are a team who have averaged scoreing 23 points and allowing 16 in 4-4A. They have lost the past two games and have posted a record of 6-4.

What say the board and what can we look for?

Edited by FBEmeritus

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see how do I say this without coming across as arrogant? I know pretend I am Lee Corso! No scratch that no one likes him. I am just a humble guy sharing his thoughts. I would not be surprised to see all of the Region 3-4A teams win their playoff games next week in the first round. I think our region is that strong this year. A pretty good West team had to stay home, and the third place team from the other region is coming in 5-5. This isn't a guarantee, just a possibility IMO. Good luck to all teams.

I agree without trying to sound demeaning as well, but top to bottom I don't see anyone outside 3-4A as being that tough. Some might point to MoreWest like last year with TN High, well we saw how that came around. Morewest has had a great season and it could come down to them and a team from 3-4A. I hope and know if Maryville plays Maryville football it will be Maryville standing in the way of any team moving to the state game.

But Table that! We got to beat White County first and let everyone else take care of their biz. I heard Coach Helton on sports talk 990 last night after Central posted another 9-1 record after a great season, and even though the sports reporter asked him about Maryville, Coach H would not talk beyound the first round opponet.

So White County!

Wow, that's a bold prediction. I know the region is talented, but that talented?

That region is pretty talented. Even fifth place West ought to be recognized for who they are. Let's put this in to perspective for you...West, took Morristown West to overtime in a high scoring affair. MoWest is the #1 in whatever region(2-4a?) they play in that will more than likely be playing in the semi-finals against whoever from the 3-4a/4-4a side. That is Knox West, the 5th best team in 3-4a. It would be tough, but isn't impossible for 3-4a to sweep 4-4a. Good luck to all teams. Get 'em Rebels.

That region is pretty talented. Even fifth place West ought to be recognized for who they are. Let's put this in to perspective for you...West, took Morristown West to overtime in a high scoring affair. MoWest is the #1 in whatever region(2-4a?) they play in that will more than likely be playing in the semi-finals against whoever from the 3-4a/4-4a side. That is Knox West, the 5th best team in 3-4a. It would be tough, but isn't impossible for 3-4a to sweep 4-4a. Good luck to all teams. Get 'em Rebels.

Totally agree PVT. Rebels should roll with ease. Maryville is a cut above. No disrespect to White County It isn't out of the realm of possibility that #4 (3-4a) could stun #1 (4-4a). These other teams can not comprehend how tough region 3-4A really is. Good luck to all teams but I'm betting at least three maybe four of region 3-4A will move on to the next round.

not to blow smoke up anybody's rear ends but here goes. white co. could be 10-0 easily right now and number 1 in the region but were not. here's why and these are the keys to the game. white co.'s injuries this year. if dell lewis is back and i hope they sit him out the other night just to get him back we could have a chance. at 100% he's unstoppable and that's why every college in the sec wants him. number 2- white county has to quit the stupid penalties. i think were averaging like 10 a game for a hundred yards. number 3- no turnovers. hicks has to make smart decisions. something he hasn't done lately. if we do all these things we can beat them. oherwise it will be an ole fashion drilling. i guarantee u maryville hasn't seen boys this big since they have been to ut football game. 90 out.