Can Maryville be derailed?

osunut2

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, question Maryville can be beat. If Maryville loses focus, plays flat on offence and turns the ball over then they will be beat.

Sure Morristown beat the Rebels a few years ago when it counted in the semi game simply because Maryville did not take care of the ball and MorWest was allowed to interrupt Maryville's focus by moving its play-off game to a Saturday the 2nd time in a row, two years in a row. Maryville lost by a long field goal and in overtime.

Not crying here, just one never knows how interrupting a team's rhythm and schedule effects the teams focus. In Maryville's case the coaching staff is huge into a regular routine. It never matters how the team preformed Friday night, the team has the same routine the following week. Helmet, Sweats Monday, Pads and Offence on Tues & Ect... GQ stays on schedule. I think this helps the Reb’s stay focused and limits distractions because Maryville is very business like during the season and more so in the play-offs.

I don’t want to get into this subject as I know the kids read this stuff and we have to beat a very good Powell team on Friday.

Right now Maryville needs to think about Powell. Powell is good enough to beat Maryville. They are by far the most physical team Maryville played this year. Cody Watts is one of the best athletes in Tennessee. Cody scares me to death every time he runs the football.

I agree with HTV. Anyone that can get out of region 3 4A will go a long ways. A lot of the reason Maryville has been good is they have to work hard to be better than Central,Powell,Halls and West. The region is a dogfight.

Right now Maryville needs to think about Powell. Powell is good enough to beat Maryville. They are by far the most physical team Maryville played this year. Cody Watts is one of the best athletes in Tennessee. Cody scares me to death every time he runs the football.

I agree with HTV. Anyone that can get out of region 3 4A will go a long ways. A lot of the reason Maryville has been good is they have to work hard to be better than Central,Powell,Halls and West. The region is a dogfight.

I agree. Does anybody know of a tougher region elsewhere regardless of classification?

The only other region I can think of that has a handful of talented teams would be Region 2-3A. Knox Catholic, Fulton, Austin-East, Anderson Co, even Livingston Academy and Kingston are competitive in 3A. Anderson Co and Kingston had down years this year, but that's another tough region, maybe not quite as tough as 3-4A, but the toughest in 3A.

powell beat us in a scrimmage 19-7, with most of our team still doing baseball and other things. and we had daris at strong safety playing both ways. but since were not any good compared to 3-4a why am i even talking?

if we win state, everyone is gonna say it was a fluke, gah man, are we ever gonna get any respect? i know alot of maryville players that actually respect us, but for some reason the fans and other fans of 3-4a dont.

Edited by TrojanOT50

powell beat us in a scrimmage 19-7, with most of our team still doing baseball and other things. and we had daris at strong safety playing both ways. but since were not any good compared to 3-4a why am i even talking?

if we win state, everyone is gonna say it was a fluke, gah man, are we ever gonna get any respect? i know alot of maryville players that actually respect us, but for some reason the fans and other fans of 3-4a dont.

OT, Anybody that puts a lot of stock in a spring scrimmage is searching for something. I beleive that the majority of Maryville fans respect the MWest program, but would rather play someone else for a trip to state, if only because of history. Some of the Maryville faithful will always discuss the Saturday games and the impact it had on the team, but remember both teams had the routines interrupted.

Truth is MWest truly WANTS to play Maryville and could care less if was on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday at 12AM or 12PM or anytime in between.

Stay focused on the week in front of you!

BTW Maryville fans, The field at Burke-Toney was completely resodded this spring and is in the best shape its been in for 20 years. We hope to get a chance to let you see it in person.

No, question Maryville can be beat. If Maryville loses focus, plays flat on offence and turns the ball over then they will be beat.

Sure Morristown beat the Rebels a few years ago when it counted in the semi game simply because Maryville did not take care of the ball and MorWest was allowed to interrupt Maryville's focus by moving its play-off game to a Saturday the 2nd time in a row, two years in a row. Maryville lost by a long field goal and in overtime.

Not crying here, just one never knows how interrupting a team's rhythm and schedule effects the teams focus. In Maryville's case the coaching staff is huge into a regular routine. It never matters how the team preformed Friday night, the team has the same routine the following week. Helmet, Sweats Monday, Pads and Offence on Tues & Ect... GQ stays on schedule. I think this helps the Reb’s stay focused and limits distractions because Maryville is very business like during the season and more so in the play-offs.

I don’t want to get into this subject as I know the kids read this stuff and we have to beat a very good Powell team on Friday.

Mr. FBE

Maryville has a great program, great fans and great kids. However, it gets a little old when people still make excuses for the 1 loss they have had since 2001, because the game was moved to Saturday. If you expect your opponents not to make excuses when y'all beat them (which you do every week) then please let the play-off game from 2003 go and if you can't give Morristown West any credit for the win then just stop commenting on it. We all know your feelings on the subject.

Thank you

I say no one touches Maryville this year. Even though they are a bit down from year's past, most other teams by comparison are down as well. Saying that, I just hope Melrose is down from what they showed last year, because if they come out hitting like they did last year.... we may be in trouble this year in our annual trip to the Boro. Come to think of it, they should just send us a free ticket to the state championship game.

I want to hear someone else's opinion. Who can stop Maryville this year, and why do you think so? Give me some stats to back it up.