David Lipscomb vs Livingston Academy

swipper

3&out is definitely appropriate. Huntingdon in the title game two years ago. McAdams was thoroughly outcoached. SC 4 years ago in a 16-0 loss...thorougly outcoached. You said you had seen both. The YAI game means nothing. Have you seen DL this year? Tell me about them. What we have here is a failure to relate.

You have no idea...and you rag me? :angry: If you haven't seen DL...you are going by the past also. Gee I haven't seen DL this year...but I have seen LA 4 times in the last 3 years.

Hey Twan! Why waste your time with this guy? His screen name tells us he's a loser! Any way, the LA Wildcat"e"s :thumb: will be ready for what ever DL throws at them. I have been one of the 30% of those voting for LA to win in the playoffs. ( :o believe it or not!) But I, like Twan, have seen them play these last few years and Cates is the real deal! But the others take up his slack when defenses key on him. All I'm saying is DL may have a chance to win this week as does anyone when you get this far, but I believe that HOGEYE will prevail! And as someone posted earlier in this thread, it's good to see the old region 4-3A playing for two gold balls this year! Good luck to both teams this week and GO HOGEYE!!! from Portland, TN. B)

B)

Edited by PPride

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like that guy is already frustrated...haha

...Yep, color me rattled.

BombSquad seemingly knows nothing about the LA fans.

...I'm like Mel Horowitz I'm so clueless.

At the ND game....all week on here it seemed that ND players and fans had a problem with noise....what did they do? Went out and found alot of noise makers.

...Not to let you in on any secrets, but the DL players and fans have a big problem with teams that don't chant body parts of unclean animals... what will you do?

So BombSquad you can keep whining about how the only ppl on here are all LA fans, but its not their fault that they find any and every way possible to support us. It is DL's fans fault if they do not want to get on here and post freely. So give the whining and complaining up about us on here. No one seems to understand you anyways, so why bother?

...Keep whining... so give the whining and complaining up: Nothing like a little contradiction to close out the daily nutrition.

And to the HOG-EYE ppl.....Keep It Rollin'. Lets all go down to the boro' this weekend.

...After all, what else is there to do in Hog-Eye?

ok now everyone knows what a cinderella story LA has been there the best 5-5 team ever DL better not overlook them they have a very very strong defence and a potent offence that can take control of a game when u got a QB like cates bhind center there is numerous things u can do thats the key for DB shut cates down if u do that u got a shot to win this game u dont shut him down im sry to say this but there aint much hope i mean look what him and that powerhouse backfeild did to the so called WALL GO LA live the dream of everyone

J Tidwel, the kicking game at LA is fine, if you've read the paper then you would see that Livingstons kicker hit 26 in a role before missing in the playoffs, then hit a 27 yard fg along w/ 3/3 XP's against Catholic in the playoffs. I'm sure all LA players will have their A game and everything will be left on the field.

Please do not confuse recruiting players with DL and the other private schools playing in 1a 2a 3a........It is one's ability to "pay" tuition to the school which ranges from $7,000 to almost $14,000 a YEAR.....that is the difference between Div 2 and the public system......i.e...the "multiplier"

That being said I guess I will hear how much harder DL works, coaches harder, etc......and how all the other teams are so much more "talented" but thru this great suffering and trials.....DL manages to pull off victories almost every week.

Let me make sure I understand this correctly bulldog. You don't like schools like Lipscomb playing against your school because anybody who is willing to pay the money can send their child there- correct? OK. Should Brentwood go private? Or how about Ravenwood? Let me explain. Not everyone can afford to live in these high priced school zones. Many of the families that send their kids to Lipscomb couldn't even afford to live in Brentwood. You see everyone has the option to send their kids to any school if they are willing to pay the price. Do you not think there are people who move to a certain area only for the schools? If you believe that then check out the values of homes in areas with good schools. You see, that is how Division I is designed to work. Any one can choose what school they go to. The difference is they can't be recruited there or helped financially to do so. The argument that you are "stuck" with the school you are zoned for is simply not true. People all the time move to communties like Maryville or Brentwood in order to give their kids a specific experience whether it is for academic reasons or athletic reasons. Once families have decided where their child will attend school it is up to the coaches to make them into a team. A good coach who can win with mediocre talent will eventually encourage more families interested in athletics to try to attend their school, public or private. As more talent comes more success is likely. I think you know that is the formula for a successful program. Schools with strong football tradition public or private are more likely to continue to be successful. I know that nothing that is written will change your mind, but think seriously about the rationale behind what you are saying.

Edited by mustangfan

...Yep, color me rattled.

...I'm like Mel Horowitz I'm so clueless.

...Not to let you in on any secrets, but the DL players and fans have a big problem with teams that don't chant body parts of unclean animals... what will you do?

...Keep whining... so give the whining and complaining up: Nothing like a little contradiction to close out the daily nutrition.

...After all, what else is there to do in Hog-Eye?

Well, for instance there is football to play in Hog-Eye and your team will find out how good Hog-Eye plays on Saturday when we whip you like the last 4 teams that thought they would beat us.

By the way BombSquad... Make sure you come back to the board after the game. Don't be like the rest of the numbskulls on here that predict a 40 point victory over LA and then when Hog-Eye whips 'em all we hear is crickets from their side. Alright!

If DL happens to win then you can say whatever and I will come back on the board. I know that DL has a very soild team and so does our team and coaches (they told me so) See ya at the game

I think Lipscomb should overlook Livingston Academy like the others have the last few weeks. If that's the case, they'll spend much of the 4th quarter with that stunned look, wondering what just happened. LA seems to be having that effect on recent opponents and their fans. I've not read all these posts, but what is the history between these two programs?

I did take note of the derrogatory remark made by Bombsquad about Hogeye. That's okay. There's probably not nearly as much to do "in Hog-eye" as there is in Mustang country. However, next weekend there's gonna be a HUGE celebration. Consider this an invitation. Starched shirts not required.

Hey Twan! Why waste your time with this guy? His screen name tells us he's a loser! Any way, the LA Wildcat"e"s :D will be ready for what ever DL throws at them. I have been one of the 30% of those voting for LA to win in the playoffs. ( :D believe it or not!) But I, like Twan, have seen them play these last few years and Cates is the real deal! But the others take up his slack when defenses key on him. All I'm saying is DL may have a chance to win this week as does anyone when you get this far, but I believe that HOGEYE will prevail! And as someone posted earlier in this thread, it's good to see the old region 4-3A playing for two gold balls this year! Good luck to both teams this week and GO HOGEYE!!! from Portland, TN. :D

:D

3&out, yeah the screen name says it all. Huh? Typical, when you don't have an intellegent argument you start calling names. Yeah, I called Antwan naive, he is, that's not name calling. "Loser"? Next it'll be "Stupidhead". All of this from, "I think Lipscomb will beat Livingston". Portland and Carthage, not Smith County according to by Tiger brothers across the river, nuff' said.

I think Lipscomb should overlook Livingston Academy like the others have the last few weeks. If that's the case, they'll spend much of the 4th quarter with that stunned look, wondering what just happened. LA seems to be having that effect on recent opponents and their fans. I've not read all these posts, but what is the history between these two programs?

I did take note of the derrogatory remark made by Bombsquad about Hogeye. That's okay. There's probably not nearly as much to do "in Hog-eye" as there is in Mustang country. However, next weekend there's gonna be a HUGE celebration. Consider this an invitation. Starched shirts not required.

"BURN" THAT ONE HURT !

Edited by LA Wildcat

Let me make sure I understand this correctly bulldog. You don't like schools like Lipscomb playing against your school because anybody who is willing to pay the money can send their child there- correct? OK. Should Brentwood go private? Or how about Ravenwood? Let me explain. Not everyone can afford to live in these high priced school zones. Many of the families that send their kids to Lipscomb couldn't even afford to live in Brentwood. You see everyone has the option to send their kids to any school if they are willing to pay the price. Do you not think there are people who move to a certain area only for the schools? If you believe that then check out the values of homes in areas with good schools. You see, that is how Division I is designed to work. Any one can choose what school they go to. The difference is they can't be recruited there or helped financially to do so. The argument that you are "stuck" with the school you are zoned for is simply not true. People all the time move to communties like Maryville or Brentwood in order to give their kids a specific experience whether it is for academic reasons or athletic reasons. Once families have decided where their child will attend school it is up to the coaches to make them into a team. A good coach who can win with mediocre talent will eventually encourage more families interested in athletics to try to attend their school, public or private. As more talent comes more success is likely. I think you know that is the formula for a successful program. Schools with strong football tradition public or private are more likely to continue to be successful. I know that nothing that is written will change your mind, but think seriously about the rationale behind what you are saying.

Sooooo.....being able to pay tuition doesn't create an advantage??? I think you hit on something about "communities". How in the world do you think you can "sell" the idea of ...can't afford to live in Brentwood....but I have $7,000 a YEAR to send my kid to a private school.

Tell me how many losing seasons or mediocre seasons DL has had in 20 yrs???? Any community will typically have some of those years over time.

The idea of "hired guns" just doesn't appeal to me .....I am sure of one thing.....many communities and football programs have suffered due to the TSSAA not having the guts to separate. Do you guys ever notice how much continuous grief you get from all sides? It is a shame, because your team is very good ...it just needs to be in a region with other private non-scholarship teams....and that will be a level playing field. I never have stated that DL recruits, but I feel very strongly that in a fair world Cheatham co. would be playing in your spot.

Everyone knows all about the private school situation and the "multiplier". I think your success this year compounded with Goodpasture will pretty well create the split. I am sure all of you are fine people but I strongly disagree with the set-up. I do know one of the people who votes on this split....last time he voted no...now all I get from him is....silence

By the way...there are a large number of apartments in the Ravenwood zone and that does not translate into "high-priced" housing.

Edited by bulldog69

Can someone please show me where Lipscomb fans are predicting a blowout? Ok, didnt think so. Also, why does Livingston feel the need to get on here and tell DL not to overlook them. If I am Livingston, I hope I am overlooked.

However, I will guarantee you that Lipscomb will not overlook Livingston. You don't make the Boro if you are not a flat out good football team. The role of the underdog is out the window. It is the "big stage", both teams will be ready make no mistake. I expect a great football game and nothing less.

To the Mustang Seniors,

It was a pleasure to play with you during your sophomore year. You are a great group of guys and athletes. I enjoyed every minute of it. You have worked hard and earned this opportunity, and I am proud to say that I was your teammate. To Braden, you have come a long ways since the days when I was teaching you how to do power cleans. I still think I can take you boy. Go get you a ring #43, you deserve it.

As a sidenote, DL did not overlook Huntingdon. Coming from someone who was actually on the field, we were outplayed by a better team on that specific night. End of Story.

Go Stangs and beat this so called H-O-G-E-Y-E...

3&out, yeah the screen name says it all. Huh? Typical, when you don't have an intellegent argument you start calling names. Yeah, I called Antwan naive, he is, that's not name calling. "Loser"? Next it'll be "Stupidhead". All of this from, "I think Lipscomb will beat Livingston". Portland and Carthage, not Smith County according to by Tiger brothers across the river, nuff' said.

First of all I don't understand much of anything you said!!! Second if you would quit posting stupid things people would leave you alone! :lol: I agree with ShutupandPlay" I think Lipscomb should overlook Livingston Academy like the others have the last few weeks. If that's the case, they'll spend much of the 4th quarter with that stunned look, wondering what just happened. LA seems to be having that effect on recent opponents and their fans" Lets bring this thread back to a sevil conversation. :thumb: Who cares if one school is privite and one is public! They both are good or they would not be playing this week. I do hope that DL thinks that we will play like we did at York. If they do they will have that same shocked look as everyone else as LA celebrates its first state victory. LETS GO CAT"E"S you all deserve it. WE ARE LA......SOON STATE CHAMPS B)