David Lipscomb vs Livingston Academy

swipper

The move to 3A has brought with it some of the worst public/private debate since '03. It had quieted down some, but the new blood in 3A is ready to complain. Maybe the mods will move this to public/private debate like they did so many past DL threads a couple years ago. Then we can at least talk about football....or each other.

3A no challenge,

multiply by 52,

Maryville is next...

You might mention that to 3A Greenbrier who has powdered DL's behinds not one, but the last TWO years..

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D well, I changed my mind...I gotta root for LA. Lipscomb's "elite" group have convinced me that a little country town needs to take the Gold Ball back to the "sticks"....

And regardless of what they tell you LA, they're not the only ones "getting in"... :lol:

To the stadium, of course.

We have enough fans. We don't need an idiot like you. Go get daddy to take you to the mall and buy you something to make up for not hugging you enough as a child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have enough fans. We don't need an idiot like you. Go get daddy to take you to the mall and buy you something to make up for not hugging you enough as a child!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever. I was being sarcastic. I think DL's "better than thou" attitude needs adjusting. When I said LA should take the ball back to the "sticks" I referring to some of their remarks. I want to see a first timer come up and take the gold.

I'm hoping Livingston comes out of the game Saturday with the win. Good luck.

(And sorry, but my "daddy" is in his 80's, and if I want something from the mall, I can surely get it myself.)

Oh what a night... Well, I awoke this morning to find pure shenanigans that I missed last night. Now, you lost me at "ovulates". Yet somehow I fit into this equation, mmk. I digress. Allow me to give you guys a heads-up. Floyd Stadium, though it is an open-air stadium, it does have tunnels that the players and coaches must enter in. I say this only to suggest that the Hog-Eye community combine their brain power and figure out a way to get Reverend Cates, Superman, and Neon Deion's heads deflated enough to get through the gates.

You know, you think you are really cute when you get on here and insult all of us dumb LA fans, but when you make fun of our players, you go too far!!! You don't know anything about this kid but I can tell you that the only thing inflated is his numbers during the playoffs. The biggest thing that I see on this thread is your ego and it definitely needs to be deflated!!! Can't wait to give you a big dose of Wilson Cates and Company!!! GO BIG BLUE!!

I think DL's "better than thou" attitude needs adjusting. When I said LA should take the ball back to the "sticks" I referring to some of their remarks. I want to see a first timer come up and take the gold.

I apologize if my post insulted anyone. Please reread my previous post to see that I was referring to my upbringing, not trying to insult or belittle anyone.

LA is going to be a very tough opponent. DL will hopefully play good solid defense and take care of the ball on offense. Hopefully, both teams will have no injuries. I'm looking forward to watching Wilson Cates play. Plus, with all of the great comments about his character, its great to see this young man doing so well.

Listen, if we were all to meet at church on a Sunday morning, I'm sure that we would realize that we all are pretty much the same. Both teams have young men who have worked very hard to get to this point. Both teams have young men who are striving to be good leaders and examples. Both teams have young men who are christians, trying to live their lives for His glory, not their own.

;) well, I changed my mind...I gotta root for LA. Lipscomb's "elite" group have convinced me that a little country town needs to take the Gold Ball back to the "sticks"....as they would call it. I think the Cinderella story might have the perfect ending on Saturday.

And regardless of what they tell you LA, they're not the only ones "getting in"... ;) To the stadium, of course.

Thanks SuperBowlDeram for your support. Rock crusher needs his head examined for turning down support for LA. :) Now to BombSquad who was talking about cates. LEAVE HIM OUT OF THIS! :huh: To talk about his religion you have went to far. For your info he is a great person who is on fire for God. And the only thing that is inflated is his support of his team,friends,and family. By the way I am a senior at LA and think that it would be great to go out with a state title. The LA team has been fighting to get this far for several years and now is our time. To the players who do read these post Pray up and Practice up, saturday will be the best game ya'll will ever play. To everone else on this thread can we please bring it back to talking about FOOTBALL and not about Public/privite schools, and putting down each other B) GO WILDCATS WE ARE LA

Well Peter....might as well throw up big boy!!!! Why is it with you guys that someone else's opinion that differs from you is treated with so much hostility?

My point is that SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE MULTIPLIER IDEA I have opposed it and WILL CONTINUE to do so. I am sure my right to do that is protected by law...however by DL code I am not sure the same freedom exists. Where did rules on coacht give your school more "multiplier" power to post on here. We're all the same....makes it tough on here doesn't it.My team lost to you several weeks ago. You had the better team...what do you want?? You get on here and rant and rave and that's not whining? For a bunch of guys who win most of their games...there sure are some DL soreheads on here.

I'll give a better interpretation of the Bulldog. I don't mind stirring the pot and don't mind taking the shots back.....but don't expect the bulldog to run......especially since YOUR fans keep dragging me into this....you included. You call a 5-4 vote on the multiplier far from a split??? I can't say anymore but it is going to happen and you've created your own monster.

I'm with bombsquad. You guys from Livingston are all full of crap. Lipscomb is gonna win and you know it. Now your all trying to cover it up with who can talk to most crap to lipscomb people. *Newsflash* Last I checked, people that dont play football that talk crap to people from the other school that dont play football has no outcome on the game. (especially when your team stinks) Now, some of you from LA may say, well you were just "trash talking" us werent you? Yes I was. I dont care if I contradict myself. At least I can admit it. And at least Lipscomb is gonna win...by a lot!

Edited by schmack

Oh, LA people are the only ones posting, huh? You are from Knoxville, right? Could it be you are a little upset because we ousted 3 teams from the big city??

Not from Knoxville. I would never claim this city as home. I've watched those 3 teams personally. They are good. So, you all must be good. Calm down, firecracker.

Well, I see the Bulldog is back with his usual entry to every thread - public can't compete with private. If that's true Bulldog, how come DL has been sent home from the playoffs seven times in the past ten years by public schools? How come the last two years we have had our heads handed to us by Huntingdon and Alcoa? Do you see any fear of Lipscomb in the LA posts on this thread? Any team that can run through Carter, Austin East, Knox Catholic, and Notre Dame in consecutive weeks is not scared of Lipscomb or anyone in 3A, nor should they be. I think it's going to be a great game.

Is your next planned split for the TSSAA to separate Metro schools from the County schools? Clearly, County and small town school programs have an advantage over Metro area schools. The proof is in the TSSAA record books and in the amazing crowds that travel with their community teams. I don't hear you complaining about the highly successful public school programs that win year in and year out. I doubt you were complaining about Lipscomb when they were going 2-8 or 3-7 in the early 1980's when Coach McCadams was just getting a handle on our program. Riverdale, Oak Ridge, Maryville, Melrose, Fulton, Milan, Huntingdon, Alcoa, Trousdale County, etc. are highly successful for the very same reasons that a lot of the private schools are - they have established programs and coaching consistency. Undeniably, people move to these areas in order for their sons to play on teams with great coaching and winning traditions. How are you going to regulate that?

I don't know who your team is, Bulldog, but as long as you keep telling them they can't compete they are likely to live up to your expectations.

Well said, informed post. I think you speak for a lot of Lipscomb fans.

Reading this thread, I can't decide whether to punch the screen or go throw up. Every idiot from every part of the state has made their way on here to make the kids from both schools look like jerks. From what I have heard of DL's coach he would strangle bombsquad and hsball for ruining the reputation he has worked so hard to build. It only takes a few stupid comments to tear down everything good that he has done at that school.

Great post Peter. Coach Mac would show his wrath on any of the players if they were in this thread. They are smart enough not to be posting here. His first goal for the team is to show class-win or lose. Unfortunately, he has no control over

ex-players who are missing a few letters from the AWHPC (attitude, work, hustle, pride and class) that was preached to them daily and he has no control over former students who were never on the team. A few bad apples are rotting the barrel and the reputation Coach Mac has worked for. Shame on you guys!

As for the notion that Lipscomb is elitist. The vast majority are not. Look at the coaching staff. Coach Mac is from Huntingdon, Coach Morris is from Searcy, AR,

Coach Taylor is from Ripley, Coach Tillman is from Guntersville, AL, Coach Weber is from Ohio and Coach Blair is from Michigan. Most of these men were educated at public high schools (only Coach Stewart went to Lipscomb. His mom made unbelievable sacrifices for him to do that. He didn't have a silver spoon in his mouth. It was probably a plastic fork.) and learned their work ethic and football knowledge from some great public school coaches like Paul Ward, Grant Shipley, Daryl Walker, John Tucker... These are small town guys who owe a lot to the public schools where they were educated. They are trying to instill the same things in their kids that their coaches instilled in them. They can all identify with the pride in the Livingston community because these men grew up in similiar towns and went to similiar schools.

If you get a chance, look at their hands during the tv broadcast. You won't see any state championship rings on their fingers. It's not what they are about. I know they were given rings, but they don't wear them.

I know some of you ex-Lipscomb guys are trying to be comedians. A few of you have gone past being Jerry Seinfield and sound more like T.O. or Randy Moss.

I'm really glad the season is almost over so this stuff will stop. I hope some of you will mature before next August.

When the game ends Saturday, here is what will happen.

If Lipscomb wins, the coaches and players will walk across the field, shake hands and congratulate LA on a great season.

If Lipscomb loses, the coaches and players will walk across the field, shake hands and congratulate LA on a great season.

I would expect that Livingston will do the same.

The game will be played on the field by many young men who have worked hard. It won't matter how much money their families earn, what kind of truck or car they drive, where their parents work and what part of town they live in. That won't matter for 48 minutes on Saturday afternoon.

May the best team win.

I'm with bombsquad. You guys from Livingston are all full of crap. Lipscomb is gonna win and you know it. Now your all trying to cover it up with who can talk to most crap to lipscomb people. *Newsflash* Last I checked, people that dont play football that talk crap to people from the other school that dont play football has no outcome on the game. (especially when your team stinks) Now, some of you from LA may say, well you were just "trash talking" us werent you? Yes I was. I dont care if I contradict myself. At least I can admit it. And at least Lipscomb is gonna win...by a lot!

Your quick to strike after joining CoachT only 39 minutes ago. You didn't have time to read all 18 pages. That's right, you read Dr. Justice's updated facts.

ENOUGH ALREADY ! I have read about 18 pages of posts about Livingston and David Lipscomb and the game--posts about how there are going to be dismemberments, disembowelments, teeth, hair and eyeballs all over the field--most of it being, as Shakespeare said, "...full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." (I left out the first part of the quote, but I suspect it applies here.)

What I have seen and read leads me to make a modest proposal to the fans of those 2 schools on this message board.

1. SELECT THE 5 OR 10 MOST ACTIVE MESSAGE POSTERS FROM LIPSCOMB AND FROM LIVINGSTON AND MAKE THEM YOUR TWO "TEAMS."

2. REQUIRE MORE OF THIS FAN TEAM THAN JUST BEATING YOUR CHESTS FROM BEHIND YOUR USER/NICKNAMES AND PREDICTING THE DESTRUCTION OF YOUR ENEMIES.

3. REQUIRE SOME OF THE RISK AND SACRIFICE THAT YOUR PLAYERS AND COACHES ARE TAKING RIGHT NOW. They are going to put their efforts on the line, in public, on the field. A few thousand will see their good plays and their

mistakes, their playcalling and their adjustments. You have no risks involved.

You can just yelp from the safety of your computer, then, if your team loses, just slink away and post no more until the coast is clear. It was fascinating to see the Lexington fans who flooded this site with predictions of their devastation, then slink away as soon as the last whistle blew. Coach Lindsey and his players at Lexington had to face their failure, shake hands with the Lipscomb players, and move on. Their fans didn't have to do that.

4. SO, I PROPOSE THAT THE 5 OR 10 LIVINGSTON POSTERS AND THE 5-10

LIPSCOMB POSTERS AGREE THAT AS SOON AS THE GAME IS OVER AND THEY GET THE CHANCE, THEY WILL POST MESSAGES OF CONGRATULATIONS TO THEIR OPPOSING SIDE, NOT MAKE EXCUSES ABOUT POOR OFFICIATING OR COLD WEATHER OR THE LIKE, THEN MOVE ON LIKE ADULTS--AND NOT SHOUT BACK AND FORTH ACROSS THE STREET LIKE GRADE SCHOOL KIDS ON A PLAYGROUND.

5. LIVINGSTON FANS, BE WORTHY OF CATES AND HIS TEAMMATES. He is putting it all on the line for himself, his team, his coaches, and you. Are you not big enough to put it on the line as a fan, and, after the game is over (and it will be over, you know, and life will go on, you know), be good enough to say "We got beat by a better team today," or "We beat a really good team today."

6. LIPSCOMB FANS, BE SORTHY OF ELROD AND HIS TEAMMATES. Everything said about Livingston and Cates above applies to you, too.

I will be at the game on Saturday and I will be watching the two teams and their fans. It should be a great game by two really good teams. Be worthy of them.