Miss Basketball- All Classes

CoachT

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what is this based on? Stats or what? Any other requirements necessary to be a finalist? Juniors can win right? In AAA the winner will be by default anywy since Cait was hurt, but I want Pickel to win. She deserves it. One of the top scorers in the state as well as rebounders also an All-American. Stewart has the same credentials so you couldn't go wrong with either of those two. You can't go wrong with Thomas or Brown in AA. Stats are high and both are all-around players. Thomas won last year so I would like to see Brown win this year. Spread the gold around. Last but very important is Kayla Hudson. Coming into the season I would not have had her listed except as a long shot. Now. I have her as my number one. She should win it easily and might would even win an overall vote no matter the class. So if you want my input I would go with Pickel, Brown and Hudson but if you don't like them go with keKe or Bianca. Bellamy should definitely be a finalist though. I just don't think she has had the year that she needed to knock out Thomas or Brown.

Class A

1. Alecia Weatherly, Perry County - Should be the outright favorite. Averages a double-double in points (around 21 ppg--tops in midstate) and rebounds (at the very least 12 rpg.) Put the Lady Vikings on her back to keep them in contention in 12A when the 2005 Miss Basketball Edney went down with an injury. Weatherly is probably the best all-around player in the state in 1A.

2. Kayla Hudson, Gleason - One year away from taking the award. A great ball-handler who sees the floor like none other. Averages about 15ppg, I believe, and is deadly from both 3 point range and the free throw line.

3. Jordan Ramsey, Clarkrange - Has really picked back up her game as of late (went through a mid season slump which has hurt her chances of winning the award) to lead a very talented Lady Buffalo line up. Can stroke it from long range when she's hot. A solid guard who does all the little things for Clarkrange.

4. Ashley Howard, Clarkrange - A strong all-around post player for Clarkrange. I believe she too averages a double-double in points (15 ppg) and rebounds, but isn't quite as consistent, or productive, as Weatherly.

5. Danielle Rector, Temple - Possibly leads the state in scoring. However, Temple is an average team with not many other offensive options. In terms of the best all-around player in 1A, I just don't think Rector is it.

My picks would be the top 3 with Weatherly getting the top vote, but the bottom 2 deserve consideration as well.

Edited by ptguard12

This is the official Miss Basketball thread. You have until Friday the 17th to influence my vote. Negative comments are not needed.

AAA I think people tend to look over 2 great post players in Middle Tenn.

Paige McFarland- Mt. Juliet Not the gratest Mt Juliet team but McFarland has had another solid year

J Hassell- Wilson Central OK she is only a freshman but could be the most dominate post in Tenn.