Maryville Snubbed by PrepXtra top 10

MRFan4U

At William Blount, we'd love to play Maryville in the District (would say Region, but Maryville won't make it that far).

Thats a really bright post TG, all Maryville has to do is beat the winner of Lenior City / Sevier County and they enter the region tournament.

I'd worry about your losing Governors (17-10 also) before trying to pick on teams like Maryville.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a really bright post TG, all Maryville has to do is beat the winner of Lenior City / Sevier County and they enter the region tournament.

I'd worry about your losing Governors (17-10 also) before trying to pick on teams like Maryville.

Don't make any assumptions yet about the Region , we'll see about Maryville tomorrow. And since when is 17-10, two large wins against Maryville, and a 2nd seed "losing"?

Don't make any assumptions yet about the Region , we'll see about Maryville tomorrow. And since when is 17-10, two large wins against Maryville, and a 2nd seed "losing"?

I never said anything about head to head matchups, William Blount owns Maryville this year, but it can also seem like William Blount only can get hyped up for games against Maryville.

When I said losing, it was refering to their struggling as of late, everyone has a clean slate going into the postseason play, don't underestimate anyone.

No doubt about it Maryville is a underdog dark horse in the district and "possibly" the regions. I think the only team that may want to face them would be William Blount, since both wins were such blowouts. Maryville may have been holding back during the regular season or they may just not be that good. We will see real soon.

When Maryville plays unselfishly as a team there is no one in the state who can beat them. When the guys put self on the shelf, they can beat anyone. Just ask Oak Ridge, West, and Powell. They will have to get by either Seveir or Lenoir first and I am sure most of the other teams in the region hope they won't. If they do? watch out , this could be "individually" the most talented team Maryville has ever had. They like William Blount don't get the notice of the Knoxville teams, but they have a bunch of future collegiate players. The question is will they play as a team? If so there is no limit on how far they will go. Nelson prefers to operate under the radar and keep his players under the same. Maryville definitely has something to prove!

Edited by MRFan4U

When Maryville plays unselfishly as a team there is no one in the state who can beat them. When the guys put self on the shelf, they can beat anyone. Just ask Oak Ridge, West, and Powell. They will have to get by either Seveir or Lenoir first and I am sure most of the other teams in the region hope they won't. If they do? watch out , this could be "individually" the most talented team Maryville has ever had. They like William Blount don't get the notice of the Knoxville teams, but they have a bunch of future collegiate players. The question is will they play as a team? If so there is no limit on how far they will go. Nelson prefers to operate under the radar and keep his players under the same. Maryville definitely has something to prove!

I haven't seen Maryville play, but did have the pleasure of watching one of it's players, Kent Basile, play for two years at Morristown East. How has he played for the Rebels this year?

I think Farragut is the darkhorse in Dist 4. The Admirals are playing their best right now. Maryville has picked up a few good wins of late , most notebly Oak Ridge but I'm not sold on the Rebels.

I guess The Rebel nation would love to have a shot my Dragons , who have ended their season the last 2 years. Care to make it 3 in a row?

I think Farragut is the darkhorse in Dist 4. The Admirals are playing their best right now. Maryville has picked up a few good wins of late , most notebly Oak Ridge but I'm not sold on the Rebels.

I guess The Rebel nation would love to have a shot my Dragons , who have ended their season the last 2 years. Care to make it 3 in a row?

It is true that the Dragons have ended the Rebels season in the region a many times in the last 10-12 years. However, there have also been times when the Rebels have returned the favor. [ Dragons #1 out of DIII with Toree Morris, Maryville ends season for Dragons, Maryville ends season for Dragons when Humphrey was senior]. So, for sure, the Dragons have great respect for the Rebels and if confronted will take them seriously. Indeed, any team that makes it to the Region will be a contender and should never be taken lightly.

Good luck to all teams in the post season !

Are you serious? You're telling me they could beat Hamilton, Brentwood Academy, or Mitchell if they're playing as a team? All national top 25 teams. They're the third best team in their county, there's no way they culd beat Tennessee's elite.