George Pitts leaving BA for KING?

krichunaka

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense warrior, but BA will not hire a middle school coach as their next head coach whether he wants to move up or not. It will be an established coach from at least the high school or even college level. Anyone who knows Coach Flatt would tell you that. He convinced Coach Pitts to leave his wife behind in East Tennessee for a couple of years. He drove home to Johnson City every weekend for two years since she did not have enough years in to retire like he did. With two McDonald's all-americans in the last 5 years and four state championships in a school with an enrollment of like 350, this has become a high-profile job. 100-0 at the middle school level will not get you a sniff. Again, no offense. Just the truth.

No offense warrior, but BA will not hire a middle school coach as their next head coach whether he wants to move up or not. It will be an established coach from at least the high school or even college level. Anyone who knows Coach Flatt would tell you that. He convinced Coach Pitts to leave his wife behind in East Tennessee for a couple of years. He drove home to Johnson City every weekend for two years since she did not have enough years in to retire like he did. With two McDonald's all-americans in the last 5 years and four state championships in a school with an enrollment of like 350, this has become a high-profile job. 100-0 at the middle school level will not get you a sniff. Again, no offense. Just the truth.

Two McDonald's All-Americans? Wright and who else?

pain train,

King has applied to move to NCAA Division II...

Roll Tribe Roll

I don't know much about Coach Pitts, BA or the other coach's listed within this thread. I'm just an interested observer from NE Tenn. From what I understand, however, there is some sort of connection between Coach Pitts and the King AD? What is the connection ? Also, Channel 11 news out of the Tri-cities indicated that Coach Pitts and King College were "talking" - whatever that means.

I do know that King is attempting a move to D2. I also know King has put a lot of payola into its facilities.

what do you think chief...time for me to come back to the volunteer state...or have i burned too many bridges? not to ba.....that is out of my league too and i ain't even 100-0......lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITZME may know basketball but so do alot of people on here and then there are some that just get on here to cause problems.

By the way, coaching kids with talent is sometimes more difficult then it would be coaching kids with no talent. The pressure of having to win and sometimes getting strong personalities to come together is not the easiest thing to do.

so are you saying itzme is one of those...brandon wright and bone are not difficult kids to coach; harrison however you may have a point, the guy was a punk

also who were you sources with the blackman coach? anyone related to BA?

bigchief had it pretty much dead on...i would be stunned if pitts would relocate after just 5 yrs considering he had to sacrifice a lot to make the first yrs at BA work

George Pitts didn't coach Harrison. George came to BA the year after

Harrison graduated.

I never said Pitts coached David Harrison. Butler did. I did say BA had two McDonald's AA players in the last five years Harrison and Wright. Pitts did coach the four state championships. The program was on the up-swing before George. It just needed different leadership.

Rupp, come wade back in. The water is fine. Several homes open around here. Just not in Wilson County.

Does King want into the conference with Carson Newman, Wingate etc.?