Maryville and 5A

REBELRON

Speaking of 'gate' with regard to M'ville and Oak Ridge...

Has anyone ever considered an Oak Ridge v. M'ville or M'ville v. Alcoa being played in Neyland Stadium? Maybe play the game on Thursday so as not to conflict w/ other local games.

I know that DB played one of the Knoxville teams in Neyland a few years back during the playoffs. I have always wondered why more local games are not played in Neyland w/ the two teams splitting the gate. Give UT the parking and coke sales.

Thoughts on why this wouldn't work?

Great idea! A kick-off classic game between two great teams played in neyland stadium would have a huge draw as long as you avoid scheduling other games that would conflict. From the financial side corporate sponsorship would have to kick in to entice the university.

I have been away and it looks like we are getting started early this year.

Not to early for football if you are from Maryville as the kids started summer lifting and running last week. I went by at 5:50 this AM and there were a few kids waiting for the coach to get there to open the Don Story facility. Several others were using the bleachers and fields for workouts on their own before school got out. Baseball gets done early around Maryville these days and now there is nothing to distract the kids away from Football.

RUGBY? BRENTWOOD? Yes a bunch of kids from the Maryville Rugby Club did advance to play Brentwood for the State Championship. From their web page it says “Since BA is a college-preparatory school, only those students demonstrating intellectual potential for college will be accepted”. Gee I wonder who decides which kids have “Intellectual Potential”?

Let’s see this Rich Kid College Preparatory school who has a median household income average of about 100k and a Rugby Club that has been around for few years beat a 3 year old “Maryville Club” team. The team was made up of kids from Heritage, William Blount, Greenback I think had one, and maybe there was an Alcoa kid on the club as well. Maryville HS was in the majority, but the only football player on the club was the killibrew kid. Killibrew was a Sr and graduated or GQ would take a dim view of one of his FB players participating in that rough sport! If there we a few more Maryville football players on the club they would have for sure pounded BA like the Rebels would in football as well. Anyway this issue is silly.

I would love for Maryville to play Oak Ridge, the game would better prepare the Rebels a great deal more than the annual Alcoa walk in the park game, in my opinion. I do understand it is a tradition thing and the AD’s love the cash the game brings in. I was told from a high up source the Alcoa AD, said Alcoa took in just over $20K for last years beating his “Highly hyped” Tornados took at the hands of the Red & Black Death Swarm from Lawrence Street! Yea I know, Alcoa didn’t have what’s his name! But all is not lost, Alcoa does have the best grilled burgers on Maryville’s schedule!

I don’t think I want to watch the game at UT, why give that greedy bunch up there more of our kid’s money; let’s keep it in “Our” communities. Georga spanks the Vol's for about 1/4th the athletic budget. Maryville and Alcoa could do a better job with the annual contest if they would haul in some portable bleachers for some of the over flow fans to sit on and get a better view. A few portable potties would go well too.

Got to go, I got some state rings to shine!

Go Reb’s

Edited by FBEmeritus

Maryville better get ready to be the whipping post when they move to 5A. They have been beating all the 4A teams that they are supposed to beat and now its time to finally play with the BIG BOYS.

Rebel Ron, Stars and Bars and FBE Meritus will be crying in the stale brewskie next year when they can not compete.

Things are finally gonna catch up with them for running their mouths all these years.

Edited by CoachT junkie

Maryville better hoepe they don't move to 5A. I don't think they would have made the 3rd round in the 5A playoffs last year. They would have lost in the 2nd round. They're a pretty good team, but 5A is a different world.

:thumb::D:lol::D That is hilarious. I love this board but there is more stupid than should be allowed at times. Let me enlighten you just a bit. Maryville was the best team in the state last year, at least in public schools. No way I can compare versus the privates since I didn't see them last year. Maryville would have beaten Ravenwood by a minimal of three scores. The team that Ravenwood squeaked by was convincingly THUMPED by the Red machine. Not to worry.....your education will come yea of very little football knowledge. 2009 can't get here soon enough. :thumb:

:thumb::D:lol::D That is hilarious. I love this board but there is more stupid than should be allowed at times. Let me enlighten you just a bit. Maryville was the best team in the state last year, at least in public schools. No way I can compare versus the privates since I didn't see them last year. Maryville would have beaten Ravenwood by a minimal of three scores. The team that Ravenwood squeaked by was convincingly THUMPED by the Red machine. Not to worry.....your education will come yea of very little football knowledge. 2009 can't get here soon enough. :thumb:

Give it up MLREB - The "fine folks" from the Big Red 'neck' machine are finally going to get a wake up call that they aren't good enough to compete at the highest level.

If you guys can't wait...why have you waited all of these years for The TSSAA to make you move up? I keep asking the question and no one answers.

Ole Dad

If you guys can't wait...why have you waited all of these years for The TSSAA to make you move up? I keep asking the question and no one answers.

Ole Dad

Call the Maryville administration old dad. You know the fans can't do a thing about it. Call Jerry Thompson, Maryville's athetic director. He can give you some answers. If you don't then as expected you are a coward.

Btw....what a stomping Maryville put on Oak Ridge last year. How embarrassing is it to have a 4A team year after year totally dominate the big 5A Ridgers..... :thumb::thumb: What was really funny Old dad was that after Maryville slaughtered your Ridgers Alcoa, a 2A team, came to Black Oak Ridge and took it to you. Yet you continue to run your mouth..... :D:D:lol:

:thumb::D:thumb::D That is hilarious. I love this board but there is more stupid than should be allowed at times. Let me enlighten you just a bit. Maryville was the best team in the state last year, at least in public schools. No way I can compare versus the privates since I didn't see them last year. Maryville would have beaten Ravenwood by a minimal of three scores. The team that Ravenwood squeaked by was convincingly THUMPED by the Red machine. Not to worry.....your education will come yea of very little football knowledge. 2009 can't get here soon enough. :lol:

You're right about the Stupid...just wrong about the source....yea of no football knowledge...! It's hard to believe that anyone would make that reference...what 'squeaked by' game are you referencing? What team did they thump that would have played the Raptors? Surely you're not another one of these goof-balls making a prediction based on a scrimage....

I'll bet you didn't even see Ravenwood play....I did see Maryville play...not the best Rebel team I've seen. When you look at the matchups by position....doesn't favor Maryville! Not fast enough....

I do think Maryville will be able to compete in 5A....they won't dominate. Please don't wave your flag over the move to 5A.....you've had the opportunity to step up and didn't......Oak Ridge had the opportunity to step down and chose not too! Maryville chose to step down for a reason........State Championships...had they gone to 5A...they likely would have none....So count your blessings...!

You're right about the Stupid...just wrong about the source....yea of no football knowledge...! It's hard to believe that anyone would make that reference...what 'squeaked by' game are you referencing? What team did they thump that would have played the Raptors? Surely you're not another one of these goof-balls making a prediction based on a scrimage....

I'll bet you didn't even see Ravenwood play....I did see Maryville play...not the best Rebel team I've seen. When you look at the matchups by position....doesn't favor Maryville! Not fast enough....

I do think Maryville will be able to compete in 5A....they won't dominate. Please don't wave your flag over the move to 5A.....you've had the opportunity to step up and didn't......Oak Ridge had the opportunity to step down and chose not too! Maryville chose to step down for a reason........State Championships...had they gone to 5A...they likely would have none....So count your blessings...!

I love it when assumptions are made with absolutely zero fact behind them. First of all a scrimmage was all to go on and yes Maryville stomped OR.

Yes I watched the OR - Ravenwood game and yes Maryville would have beat Ravenwood by three scores. OR was actually a better team than Ravenwood but RW was without question a better coached and better prepared team.

Was that Maryville's best team? Nope most likely wasn't but it was Maryville's best defense since 98 and maybe ever. I doubt Ravenwood would have scored on that Maryville defense and if so it would have been minimal.

Oak Ridge had the opportunity to step down?......why did you make that up? Maryviile chose to step down?.... again why did you make that up? Maryville has played and been a 4A team for several year. You were doing so good until you decided to flat out lie. Hard to understand that unless your points were so weak. Since all have been questioned and basically disproven I will go with weak points.

BTW - loved you linebacker. Was he a senior or is he back. If a senior where did he go. Ravenwood is a heck of a success story. Nice uniforms too

Let's see...I'm a coward if I don't personally call your chicken AD and ask him for the reasons that Maryville played down in 4A until they were forced to move up by the TSSAA? I think you have the chicken wrong here. Tell your AD and coach to go look in the mirror. That's where they can find the chickens. And by the way.....the fans like yourself know it's true which is why you can't answer the question. But, RavenCat answered it for you. See his post, he laid it out for you.

Ole Dad

Call the Maryville administration old dad. You know the fans can't do a thing about it. Call Jerry Thompson, Maryville's athetic director. He can give you some answers. If you don't then as expected you are a coward.

Btw....what a stomping Maryville put on Oak Ridge last year. How embarrassing is it to have a 4A team year after year totally dominate the big 5A Ridgers..... :lol::lol: What was really funny Old dad was that after Maryville slaughtered your Ridgers Alcoa, a 2A team, came to Black Oak Ridge and took it to you. Yet you continue to run your mouth..... :D:P:lol: