Maryville and 5A

REBELRON

To say Maryville would have beaten Oak Ridge based on the state championship games is like saying that Appalachian State would have beaten U.S.C. last year. After all Appy State did win the division II championship last year and U.SC. lost to Texas.

No not the same, APP State did not scrimmage USC. Maryville did scrimmage OR and I will agree you can't tell everything from a scrimmage, but you can judge resolve and effort.

I was one of the ones who put off Maryville's annual state championship celebration a few hours to stay and pull for Oak Ridge. It was one of the worst efforts I have seen by a HS team in years. No passion, resolve and marginal effort well beneath Oak Ridge Teams of old. Ask some Katz alumni if they were pleased with that effort. Sure it hurts to lose, Maryville lost a few years back, and we think it stinks frankly. But Maryville did not lose because of the lack of effort but because of turnovers. Oak Ridge did not turn the ball over except for an INT I think. Maryville brings it every night and there are very few HS teams at any level that do.

Unless you watch Maryville during practice, scrimmages and on game nights you won't understand but the record and win loss record speak for it's self. Oak Ridge is but a shell of what it once was but Maryville will continue to roll as long as the young men believe they will beat anyone if they play as a team and work hard enough.

Just wait till Maryville visits Oak Ridge, they will be ready to practice, just try to watch with an open mind without jealousy and envy. Watch the way the kids and coaches work. Then like so many other teams have found out Maryville is a dynasty that books are written about. So we don't care what anyone thinks or believes it's what we know and the Rebel's have proven.

Sure we all know how all great things come to an end someday, but right now we don't see it. When the day comes I guess you haters can enjoy your self’s. I no longer have any sons in the program but we as a family and community have a lifetime of found memories to last us. Still on Friday nights I, like many others, who have only emotional connections to "THE PROGRAM" will be in the stands where ever the Rebels have a game cheering the kids on to even greater accomplishments if there are any.

Gosh those Rings look nice!

No not the same, APP State did not scrimmage USC. Maryville did scrimmage OR and I will agree you can't tell everything from a scrimmage, but you can judge resolve and effort.

I was one of the ones who put off Maryville's annual state championship celebration a few hours to stay and pull for Oak Ridge. It was one of the worst efforts I have seen by a HS team in years. No passion, resolve and marginal effort well beneath Oak Ridge Teams of old. Ask some Katz alumni if they were pleased with that effort. Sure it hurts to lose, Maryville lost a few years back, and we think it stinks frankly. But Maryville did not lose because of the lack of effort but because of turnovers. Oak Ridge did not turn the ball over except for an INT I think. Maryville brings it every night and there are very few HS teams at any level that do.

Unless you watch Maryville during practice, scrimmages and on game nights you won't understand but the record and win loss record speak for it's self. Oak Ridge is but a shell of what it once was but Maryville will continue to roll as long as the young men believe they will beat anyone if they play as a team and work hard enough.

Just wait till Maryville visits Oak Ridge, they will be ready to practice, just try to watch with an open mind without jealousy and envy. Watch the way the kids and coaches work. Then like so many other teams have found out Maryville is a dynasty that books are written about. So we don't care what anyone thinks or believes it's what we know and the Rebel's have proven.

Sure we all know how all great things come to an end someday, but right now we don't see it. When the day comes I guess you haters can enjoy your self’s. I no longer have any sons in the program but we as a family and community have a lifetime of found memories to last us. Still on Friday nights I, like many others, who have only emotional connections to "THE PROGRAM" will be in the stands where ever the Rebels have a game cheering the kids on to even greater accomplishments if there are any.

Gosh those Rings look nice!

I think a lot of people are giving way too little credit to Ravenwood. Maybe the reason Oak Ridge did so poorly in the championship game is because of their opponent. Ridgeway did'nt look so good in the semi-final game against Ravenwood, but take a look at their record from last year. Maryvilles rings and dynasty are great, but until they win a 5A championship (which I think they will when they move up) they cannot be called the best team in the state.

Maryville is like the AAU programs who get fake birth certificates so the older kids can play on the younger team.

Why don't they move up and play in the right classification ?

Sure they dominate at the 4A level but why not see if you are as good as you say you are and make the move? Your coaches and AD will tell you its because the TSSAA mandates where they play and yada yada ya.......

They have had an opportunity for several years to petition the state and move up but have never chosen to. They (The Maryville administration)are cowards who are afraid that this so called "Dynasty" may fall apart and that the entire coaching staff would dismantle once they became 5A mediocrity.

The Maryville pretenders can and will continue to live in their Dyansty wonderland.

By the way....do those state championship rings have an astrick on them to let everyone know that you play in the wrong division ?

Maryville is like the AAU programs who get fake birth certificates so the older kids can play on the younger team.

Sure they dominate at the 4A level but why not see if you are as good as you say you are and make the move? Your coaches and AD will tell you its because the TSSAA mandates where they play and yada yada ya.......

They have had an opportunity for several years to petition the state and move up but have never chosen to. They (The Maryville administration)are cowards who are afraid that this so called "Dynasty" may fall apart and that the entire coaching staff would dismantle once they became 5A mediocrity.

The Maryville pretenders can and will continue to live in their Dyansty wonderland.

By the way....do those state championship rings have an astrick on them to let everyone know that you play in the wrong division ?

I love the jealous ones. It just makes our accomplishments that much more sweeter. Hey Billy Goat.....you can become a champion and join the Red Rebels band wagon when you grow weary of being a loser..... :(

Your 4A school has a larger student body than Maryville. Why are you still 4A?

I for one am proud of the things Maryville has done. Because they are from east Tenn. and that makes them family. I'm also proud of Oak Ridge we didn't win it all last year but we sure got further than everyone else in 5-A except Ravenwood. We in Oak Ridge don't hate Maryville never have never will. When you are a winner everybody wants for you to lose. In Oak Ridge like Maryville we are cocky and maybe a little arrogrant, but when you are a winner you can do that. Beat us and I will give you the credit that is due.

Now after saying that.. let's get off who did what and who isn't in the right classification. When Oak Ridge and Maryville play a real game then the winner can brag and the loser can eat some crow and we can get on with our lives.

I for one am proud of the things Maryville has done. Because they are from east Tenn. and that makes them family. I'm also proud of Oak Ridge we didn't win it all last year but we sure got further than everyone else in 5-A except Ravenwood. We in Oak Ridge don't hate Maryville never have never will. When you are a winner everybody wants for you to lose. In Oak Ridge like Maryville we are cocky and maybe a little arrogrant, but when you are a winner you can do that. Beat us and I will give you the credit that is due.

Now after saying that.. let's get off who did what and who isn't in the right classification. When Oak Ridge and Maryville play a real game then the winner can brag and the loser can eat some crow and we can get on with our lives.

That is the most intelligent post I have read on this thread. No disrespect to anyone else’s opinion, but really that is how we should look at it. Best of luck to Maryville in 4A this year and best of luck to Oak Ridge in 5A. We will have to wait until 2009 to get the opportunity to see who wins this one head to head. :(

That is the most intelligent post I have read on this thread. No disrespect to anyone else’s opinion, but really that is how we should look at it. Best of luck to Maryville in 4A this year and best of luck to Oak Ridge in 5A. We will have to wait until 2009 to get the opportunity to see who wins this one head to head. :(

GREAT! That is two good posts in a row and I am going to make it three in a row.

I want to congratulate Maryville for all their past championships and wish them the very best in the future. I look forward to watching Oak Ridge play the Red Rebels in a game. Again, best of luck to Maryville.

Anybody want to make it 4 positive posts in a row? :lol:

I'm not so sure OR will be in 5A when Maryville enters the picture. With a declining enrollment OR will be at 4A level and possibly at 3A. Will they remain in 5A? Only if they can be competitive IMO. If not we may all miss the Maryville vs OR match-up.

Hope not.

Goo goo cluster good point about maryville and dynasty.O r has another kind of dynasty.It is spelled die/nasty.Thats what you call a dynasty with one championship in 25 years.

I agree with your post.