Maryville vs Alcoa '06

GovMan

So Alcoa has won one game against Maryville since 2000.

From 1990 to 2000, how many games did Alcoa win?

[/quote]

Here is the overall record 54-21-1 in favor of Maryville

Longest winning streak Maryville 1970-1985 15 games

Alcoa 1952-1958 7 games

Here are the scores in the 90's through 2000

Maryville Alcoa

1990 10 21

1991 0 28

1992 32 6

1993 29 42

1994 33 13

1995 21 14

1996 40 12

1997 35 17

1998 35 10

1999 28 6

2000 7 14

Edited by MLREB

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other than tyler maples, are there any other college prospects at maryville?

yes there are other top prospects at maryville. no one discusses it but tank baker has several offers already from d1 schools. not just interest but offers for full rides.

Hey boyz!

Long time no read! Hey Starz....hey govman...you boyz still make me melt!

Hey, hey...rainbow recruited a few Alco boyz to the mountains!

I say my red rebels in a landslide again! Alco, is down and out without their "savior" John Reed!

GQ and I went out the other night and had a couple of brews at the Electric Cowboy...you might have read about it in the local papers. They say shots were fired, but it wuz jus dem firecrackers left over from the fourth of July.

The only shots fired were George firing on me!

Maryville 38

Alco 12

Suzette says to tell you boyz high. We have been on holiday in British Columbia! Decided not to travel back to Sri Lanka for fear of tsunamis! Of course that is another thread!

Love you boyz!

:)

I am no longer in school to experience this great rivalry first hand, but I can still get on here and argue back and forth with you fellas. I think Coach Rankin will bring a great new attitude to the Alcoa program. During spring practice all of the players had great things to say about him and were very anxious to get started up again. Coach Rankin is a proven winner, but beating Maryville is a very very tough task. Last year was our year to do it, but we got so out coached that it wasnt even funny. Alcoa was not prepared for Maryville at all, coaches thought they could just out muscle and out athlete Maryville with base plays, and nobody in the state can do that, and it showed. I had one Maryville defender tell me that they knew what Alcoa was running every play. I hope Coach Rankin can bring some respectable scores back to this great rivalry, and Im sure he will. Im not saying Alcoa is going to win all the time, just give some good games. I will definetly have to come home from college to see the game and the great atmosphere.

I heard Alcoa went up to the Univ of Kent. for a passing league thing, if thats true, how did they do????

I am no longer in school to experience this great rivalry first hand, but I can still get on here and argue back and forth with you fellas. I think Coach Rankin will bring a great new attitude to the Alcoa program. During spring practice all of the players had great things to say about him and were very anxious to get started up again. Coach Rankin is a proven winner, but beating Maryville is a very very tough task. Last year was our year to do it, but we got so out coached that it wasnt even funny. Alcoa was not prepared for Maryville at all, coaches thought they could just out muscle and out athlete Maryville with base plays, and nobody in the state can do that, and it showed. I had one Maryville defender tell me that they knew what Alcoa was running every play. I hope Coach Rankin can bring some respectable scores back to this great rivalry, and Im sure he will. Im not saying Alcoa is going to win all the time, just give some good games. I will definetly have to come home from college to see the game and the great atmosphere.

I heard Alcoa went up to the Univ of Kent. for a passing league thing, if thats true, how did they do????

Hope you can make it to the game to enjoy this commuinity classic event and nothing wrong with arguing back and forth, it helps drive the game into the rivaly it has become.

Hey boyz!

Long time no read! Hey Starz....hey govman...you boyz still make me melt.

Love you boyz!

:thumb:

Suz whur have you ben. I have ben layin' low watchin' TV and weightin' on footbawl seesun.

I watched a reel inturtainun' program on the Blount county educashun channel the other day. They was some boys frum Hairatige carpentry class mooving a water tair to Townsend. The Mountain Ear boyz did a good job and gotter dunn.

Suz, you needs to stay away from Electric Cowboys and at least go down to battree operated Cowboys. I had planned on condescending you a luv letter, butt it cost too much.

STARZ.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Suz whur have you ben. I have ben layin' low watchin' TV and weightin' on footbawl seesun.

I watched a reel inturtainun' program on the Blount county educashun channel the other day. They was some boys frum Hairatige carpentry class mooving a water tair to Townsend. The Mountain Ear boyz did a good job and gotter dunn.

Suz, you needs to stay away from Electric Cowboys and at least go down to battree operated Cowboys. I had planned on condescending you a luv letter, butt it cost too much.

STARZ.

Starz,

Be real careful here. Discussing "battery operated" devices of any type in a thread connected with Suzie could end up embarrassing all of us!!! :huh::(

Hey boyz!

It just warms the cockles of my heart to hear my boyz lament the pros and cons of Red Rebel and Tornado football. It also warms them when they talk about their past and best old date Susie!

Red Rebels gonna roll in this one, like Rebels man rolls in that Hummer of his! Also, is Caylor's dad still on here, or has that boy graduated yet.

Have you ever noticed around this sleepy bedroom town, that anyone with sense, whether they went to Friendsville, Lanier, Porter, Walland, etc. They all seem to be getting on the Rebel band wagon?

Well just come on over to Susie's place. Ted Wilson and I helped to recruit a dynasty. Kenny Yunker will never be the same after I "recruited" him!

Love you boyz!

:rolleyes:

Maryville is always good but i dont know much about them or how many starters they have returning but i know alcoa has a good bit coming back so should be a good game

I believe Maryville returns 7 starters on offense and 6 on defense :rolleyes:

Alcoa is a very talented team that I expect to see playing into deep November again this season HOWEVER the fact of the matter is that Maryville is just too good. If the last two year's Alcoa teams couldn't beat Maryville (or even compete with 'em for that matter) then I don't look for anything to change this year (especially seeing as how Maryville is going to be a veteran team in '06).

I agree Alcoa will run deep in 2A because for a 2A team they are loaded and 2A in East TN is weaker than ever in my opinion. Save for Happy Valley, Cumberland Gap, Loudon or maybe CAK. Those are the only teams I can think of who might give Alcoa a game in 2A, but I think Alcoa get's back to the Murf! I do see Alcoa losing three games this year to Fulton, McCallie and of course the annual reality check slapped upon them by Maryville. But then beating Maryville has become no easy task for anyone and won't be this year. Maryville may give up a few more points than last year but it will still be a great year because I see Maryville getting an average of about 40 per game.

Maryville will welcome Riverdale's old coach into the “Skeeter” and to the home of the real Tennessee Football dynasty and he'll know the Rebels are "Not Scared of" him ether!

I agree Alcoa will run deep in 2A because for a 2A team they are loaded and 2A in East TN is weaker than ever in my opinion. Save for Happy Valley, Cumberland Gap, Loudon or maybe CAK. Those are the only teams I can think of who might give Alcoa a game in 2A, but I think Alcoa get's back to the Murf! I do see Alcoa losing three games this year to Fulton, McCallie and of course the annual reality check slapped upon them by Maryville. But then beating Maryville has become no easy task for anyone and won't be this year. Maryville may give up a few more points than last year but it will still be a great year because I see Maryville getting an average of about 40 per game.

Maryville will welcome Riverdale's old coach into the “Skeeter” and to the home of the real Tennessee Football dynasty and he'll know the Rebels are "Not Scared of" him ether!

I have Alcoa going 8-2 with the losses being to McCallie & Maryville. With Shiverdecker at RB the Tornadoes don't lose much at all and they have a great receiving core led of course by Kyrus Lanxter and Brian Sommer. Bart Hicks is about as good of an LB you'll find and if eligable Sykes may be the most dominant down lineman in the entire state. I just don't see Alcoa losing to Fulton :(