Maryville vs Alcoa '06

GovMan

My heart says I hope Alcoa can play them a great game and even have a chance to win. My brain says it ain't gonna happen. Alcoa gets their tails kicked (again) because they can't play four quarters of football with Maryville.

Maryville 35

Alcoa 7

Yeah, Maryvilles O Line is a machine! One of the best coached lines in the state. I don't know who coaches their O Line but as an x-guard it's very impressive.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Maryvilles O Line is a machine! One of the best coached lines in the state. I don't know who coaches their O Line but as an x-guard it's very impressive.

O-line coach is David Ellis. David will have another challenge this year in building an effective line. Though he lost every starter from the o-line and had a total rebuilding effort going on last year, he had size, quality, and good numbers to select from. This years line will be one of the smallest in recent memory for the Rebels. Not only are they small but will lack depth. The next great line at Maryville are currently freshman.

O-line coach is David Ellis. David will have another challenge this year in building an effective line. Though he lost every starter from the o-line and had a total rebuilding effort going on last year, he had size, quality, and good numbers to select from. This years line will be one of the smallest in recent memory for the Rebels. Not only are they small but will lack depth. The next great line at Maryville are currently freshman.

Good point MLREB. Although you have to remember that 4 of the 5 projected starters in the O-Line this year played a lot against the best D-Line they'll see in the careers against Melrose in last year's Blue Cross Bowl. Ellis is a master at coaching angles and precision in his O-Lines. Not to mention they are always well conditioned.

I believe we'll see line depth develope some this year. The numbers are up even more. I counted 126 total players yesterday, including freshman. You are right the freshman class is stacked with huge kids, probably the largest group of big lineman ever at MHS.

Good point MLREB. Although you have to remember that 4 of the 5 projected starters in the O-Line this year played a lot against the best D-Line they'll see in the careers against Melrose in last year's Blue Cross Bowl. Ellis is a master at coaching angles and precision in his O-Lines. Not to mention they are always well conditioned.

I believe we'll see line depth develope some this year. The numbers are up even more. I counted 126 total players yesterday, including freshman. You are right the freshman class is stacked with huge kids, probably the largest group of big lineman ever at MHS.

yeah but can those cats adjust?

Maryville's offense this year will be an explosion. I don't see ANY team slowing them down this year. There are questions at defense but I think it will be sound and solid.

I see Alcoa being better prepared than last year, but getting far behind early again?

I said Maryville 35, Alcoa 14 earlier, but I'm thinking 42, 14 will closer to the final??

I enjoy watching both of these programs a lot. But, I can not help to pull for the underdog in this one! :huh:

My heart says Alcoa...my brain says Maryville from the coin toss.......I can not wait!

-BlountCountySportsFan

After watching last years game and watching Maryville beat a Alcoa team that i believe was better than this years will be, I don't think Maryville will have much of a problem beating Alcoa. I thought Alcoa had a good chance last year, until i got to the game and it was already 14-0. Plus its at Maryville. I will be very suprised if Alcoa wins this one. Not downing Alcoa because they are a very good team and i believe they could possible 3peat in 2A.

One thing Alcoa hasn't had the last couple of years is disipline. Players celebrating to much, players getting ejected from games, etc. But with Rankin now, things have definitley changed. The speed of practices, the faster pace, and the way he just plain out coaches! Disipline has been one of the key things he has been preaching about to his boys. "Execute! Don't make the mistake." I'm not sure if Alcoa can beat Maryville, but if I had to put money on the game, I would definetly pick Alcoa this year with the game beeing REAL close. And to that guy with the OAKLAND POWER thing, I did my research and.......... don't be jealous of Rankin or Riverdale!