Maryville vs Alcoa '06

GovMan

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, it would only be ugly...........so as I say mark my words, Alcoa will win on August 25, 2006 at Shields Stadium in front of all them red rebels fans!!! :justwrestle:

Well this is exactly what was said last year , tell me what is going to make the difference this year ?

Nope, it would only be ugly...........so as I say mark my words, Alcoa will win on August 25, 2006 at Shields Stadium in front of all them red rebels fans!!! :P

Vettasue.....let's pretend that The University of Alcoa loses to Maryville on August 25 at Shields Stadium..... will you be back posting or will you disappear like the many many others throughout the years?

If the University of Alcoa wins we know you will be here with the rest that have cut and run though the years rather than eat the well cooked crow. :justwrestle:

aLcOaChAmP5,

Yeah ... I'm with you, I'm not against pumping up the crowd. I guess I'm just an old fogey when it comes to taking off your helmet and drawing attention to yourself. You might take it off when you're on the sidelines after playing a series of plays (to cool your head off a little) but I don't like running out on the field and tearing it off and acting like T.O. or something. If you want to pump up and draw attention to the team... great. Just don't try so hard to draw attention to "yourself."

BTW ... I really just saw one Alcoa player do that during the run-out ... don't want to sound like I'm accusing the whole team.

Don't want to dis' the whole team for the actions of one or two.

GOVMAN, many people read these posts and take them at face value. Please state the facts and don't exaggerate[players instead of player], you did accuse the team in your earlier post. I guess R.O. never acted like T.O.

Well this is exactly what was said last year , tell me what is going to make the difference this year ?

I'm glad you FINALLY found SOMEONE that believes Alcoa is going to win!? :P

I was getting to think the game was going to come and go, and no one would "feed ya" :justwrestle:

Sorry, but Alcoa's media hyped team is long gone...........only thing going into the players head is Coach Rankin. Hopefully his discipline will allow them to atleast stay on the field and keep it close.

Bottonline........Maryville is FAR from being the underdog! 99.9% of the people would be shocked if Alcoa wins..............................................me included.

GOVMAN, many people read these posts and take them at face value. Please state the facts and don't exaggerate[players instead of player], you did accuse the team in your earlier post. I guess R.O. never acted like T.O.

[/quote]

Hey Govman.....hope they take your post and put it on the bulletin board. As a matter of fact I'm going to print a bunch up and and mail it to them....... :P :justwrestle:

TallPaul,

That is why I went back and corrected myself ... I didn't want to be exaggerating. I'm not certain if anyone besides the one player ripped off his helmet. I was also careful not to identify the player--I was just making a point. You on the otherhand decided to list a kid's initials that obviously many will know.

And yes, he and other WB players have acted in ways that I believe to be unnacceptable... ways that reflect on the program and the school in a bad manner. As have players from other schools ...they are all just kids. That's where coaching and discipline and role-modeling come in. Let's teach kids that they don't have to--and shouldn't-- act like T.O. But when they do act that way, let's do something to discipline them.

Vettasue.....let's pretend that The University of Alcoa loses to Maryville on August 25 at Shields Stadium..... will you be back posting or will you disappear like the many many others throughout the years?

If the University of Alcoa wins we know you will be here with the rest that have cut and run though the years rather than eat the well cooked crow. :justwrestle:

Huh? :huh: ...........Maples, Douglas going to The University of Tennessee, plus Hunt's looks from Alabama, make this "Add titled" more fitting to Maryville than Alcoa?

Instead of poor Maryville -vs- THE UNIVERSITY OF ALCOA!

Its more like; Little 400 student 2A Alcoa -vs- D1 loaded 1500 student 4A Maryville.

"IF"...........Alcoa won, I'm sure MLREB would the first in line to eat crow? Don't worry I'd have to be in the line also, cause I just don't think its the year?

But, I'm SURE it would taste better to me than YOU! :P

"IF"...........Alcoa won, I'm sure MLREB would the first in line to eat crow? Don't worry I'd have to be in the line also, cause I just don't think its the year?

But, I'm SURE it would taste better to me than YOU! :justwrestle:

Remember BC...Alcoa still has a minimum 21 D-1 players on that roster. If you don't believe me then just ask them..... :P

I ain't going nowhere................I hope you like crow, cause I don't plan on eating anything other than, chicken or turkey.

I'm glad you FINALLY found SOMEONE that believes Alcoa is going to win!? :)

I was getting to think the game was going to come and go, and no one would "feed ya" :P

Sorry, but Alcoa's media hyped team is long gone...........only thing going into the players head is Coach Rankin. Hopefully his discipline will allow them to atleast stay on the field and keep it close.

Bottonline........Maryville is FAR from being the underdog! 99.9% of the people would be shocked if Alcoa wins..............................................me included.

Well be prepared to be "shocked" and amazed :huh: