Oak Ridge vs. Alcoa Scrimmage

NickOrlando

I thought we got whipped up and down the field. I think Alcoa scored seven touchdowns to our 2. There was one time during Alcoas ten plays that they scored 3 times on us I think. Our offensive line looked awful. We couldn't block the Sykes kid at all or anyone else in an Alcoa jersey. I think we eventually started running away from him and he still made some tackles from the other side of the field.

Defense was not impressive either. We had no answer for Shiverdecker. He ran all over us.

Yesterday Alcoa looked like the 5A team and we looked like a 2A team. I hope we can figure something out on defense before DB. The offense looked better than the defense.

One thing that hurt us was Conner not being able to run since he wasn't live. So alcoa did not have to respect that aspect of our game.

Any thoughts from others who attended?

Should be an interesting season.

Roll Wildcats Roll!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like rankin to me, but its a shame we couldnt do that last time he faced oak ridge...good luck to him and his squad this year :)

also it would be nice to see another year with oak ridge/riverdale in the semis, and by the sounds of it right now riverdale would be the favorite, but alot changes between now and in 16 weeks lol, ALOT...lets just hope (riverdale fans) that we will have the upper hand this time if this matchup happens again

As many on here do not believe, 5A vs 2A has nothing to do with it. They both can only put 11 on the field at one time. Usually, the team with the most talent will win the game or scrimmage. You put a little coaching with that tallent and a team can dominate. If you are using a 10 play scrimmage to indicate how a game would end up, that is not a fair comparison. I was not there, so I don't really know. In a game type situation, one team is not usually going to score on 3 out of 10 plays. I would venture to say that Oak Ridge is not going to face many teams this season with the talent and coaching that Alcoa has. Sounds as though, Oak Ridge was not ready to play and we all know whose fault that is.

I am a first time poster on here and I found about the site at work. I have known about it for a while and thought it was juvenile to do, but after yesterday I thought I would say a little something. I watched the scrimmage yesterday and Tank says it best. We were simply outplayed at every position. If Alcoa doesn't win the state in 2A it is a crime. They are going to go 15-0 mark it down, yes and even beat Maryville. They are physical, strong, fast, and they are disciplined more than any Alcoa team I have ever seen. I was embarassed as an Oak Ridger yesterday. They beat us so bad that their first team was doing sprints at the end of the scrimmage.

Quarterback played okay considering he was sacked 2009 times. The Offensive line couldn't punch a hole through a paper bag. They looked timid and Rae Sykes ate their lunch all day long. That got out of hand quickly. Maybe its a personnel issue because there were shades of success during the scrimmage. The receivers routes looked bad and they dropped some balls they should have caught. Our offense looked good on the first drive and that little fullback played with guts. He made a run that was simply amazing he must have broken 6 tackles, he just would not go down. He is all heart and tough as nails. I like him. Our offense needs some help here and there and some changes here and there and we should be good to go, but our defense is another story.

**** News Update ****

All major news networks report that Shiverdecker has broken free from the clutches of the Oak Ridge defense and continues to run untouched four his 4,000th touchdown of the scrimmage. Maybe the defense wanted to lull him in with some moderate success and then at the end of the scrimmage pounce on him for being overconfident. I don't know if the Cats are going to be the Darkside defense this year, but if they are open to a new name I've got it. The Swiss Cheese, there are more holes in that defense than a slice of swiss cheese. Number 14 looked tough yesterday he took a shot and got back up, he will be able to play. The secondary looks great, if running away from the guy with the ball is the objective, so all we have to do now is find a sport that the goal is to run away from the ball. The Venable kid was all that is advertised, he is quick, strong and flows to the ball well. Take him off the defense and Shiverdecker scores 3 or 4 more times. The guys are not ready right now. Alcoa is great and may be the best team in the state in all classifications, but Oak Ridge better figure something out soon or else the Dragons may make a game out of it.

Scrimmage, key word scrimmage. Didn`t Alcoa beat up on O.R pretty good last year and still made it to the 5A State Championship? August is not December

Last years scrimmage was more of a defensive struggle and was fairly even.

But you are right. It was a scrimmage and you have to keep it in perspective on both sides. :)

Scrimmage, key word scrimmage. Didn`t Alcoa beat up on O.R pretty good last year and still made it to the 5A State Championship? August is not December

Actually no. If I remember it was 7-7 or 7-0 don't remember. Alcoa was more impressive this year. May be having Ranking brought back the word team vs. the me, I attitude that Alcoa has had in the past.

Gee , I guess we ( Maryville ) should just go ahead and forfeit the game against Alcoa .... may be the only way to keep our boys from getting hurt ! :thumb:

I was thinking the samething :blink: ...........except for Alcoa, after the post from the Great FBmertius:

"Well I don't think it will be the game of the year and Maryville will again soundly beat Alcoa, Period!

To many playmakers, to sharp, to tested, to physical, deep ect.."