DB VS Tenn High

Contender

Do you guys really think this is going to be an easy win for DB????! Now I know that it was just Unicoi…but do you realize that they hit the locker room with almost negative offensive yards at halftime, and only 42 total yards on the night. Stubs put in subs about 4 minutes into the second quarter…and our true JV team played all but maybe the first possession of the second half. It was 14 to nothing with barely 2 minutes played in the game and 28 to 0 by the end of the first quarter. And before you have some cheap comment about how that was just Unicoi or they should be 3A…it was 34 to 0 by halftime of the THS vs Elizabethton game! The Viking Defense stopped Science Hill (which by the way has more weapons and athleticism than we will see this week) 3 consecutive times after starting drives in the red zone!!

So if this ridiculous chanting that SOME of the DB hopefuls are taking part in is intended to convince yourself that you are THAT MUCH better than the Vikings…then by all means help yourself. But if intended as intimidation you can save it...5A…6A…your still just DB to us! And anytime we compete against you in anything we know and expect to have a chance to win. So if you’re ready to talk Football and comparison...lets get it on, but if you want to do the trash talk thing…well……..we can do that too. :thumb:

Defense will be the key to victory in this game. Can the Vikings stop the big play again this week…and can the Indians slow down the ground attack that no one has had success in doing but all have (supposedly) prepared for. Science Hill put 10 in the box to slow the Vikings down…will the 5A Indians try to go heads up and rely on their strength and size?

THANK YOU CAP1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

That is everything right there!!!!

Read it once, read it twice and MEMORIZE it!!!!!!!!!! Especially all you DB fans!!

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!! DESTROY THE INDIANS!!!!!! :thumb:

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that lst years tem for THS was not as good as this year so it wont be as bad plus we are defending our house the castle and my main man Mr. Strickland plans on having a very good night and i know noboys giving THS a snowballs chance in heck but it will be alot closer than everyone thinks and i have to believe that THS will come out on top!!!!!!!!

THS-27

DB-21

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by thsballa07

science hill put 10 in the box and couldnt stop tennessee highs running game? If this is true than science hills defense must be weak... and the vikings qb is dumb for not checking to a pass play when apparently the toppers had 1 defensive back...

Im not disrespecting either team... Im just saying that comment is a little strange

How do you think we score our touchdowns? That was the big question that everyone had about the Vikings before this game. Science Hill called our bluff on it and the Vikings and their coaching staff answered. And believe me…you aint seen nothing yet because the Vikings haven’t had to show their hand as of yet. I’m sure the same can be said about the Indians. If there is anything that the Vikings should and do respect about DB it’s their coaching staff and what they are capable of!

I’m not disputing the obvious…the Vikings are without a doubt underdogs in this game. But not by as much as you guys would like to think.

Last year was most definetly a rebuilding year for DB and anyone that has watched any DB games both this year and last can tell you that. First game last year starting QB outf or season next one staeps up plays some games and gets hurt goes out but is back in time to play the next week still a bit injured. We had no real speed in the backfield just a juggernaut FB...this year we are much better then we were...granted TH is improved also...and Sylvester only stand out on off.? Sylvester has had ONE 100 yard game and that was just last week!? Sensabugh is a stand out Thrope is a stand out and Marchez picks up the yards up the middle...they are using sylvester sparingly to get some speed outside...Burton does have work to do....but no worries firday...and our Def. Are you even counting the Defense? One of the best LB corps in the state plenty of All-State LB's...to many weapons on BOTH sides of the ball for most teams in Tennessee...that including TH

Roll Tribe Roll

I can’t dispute much that you said. But I have to say that the only reason that Sylvester hasn’t put up bigger numbers is because his is an underclassman and doesn’t get as much burn YET. But make no mistake about it…he is THE FUTURE at DB in more ways than one!! And you said you had “NO REAL SPEED on last years team”…who on last years or THIS years team could out run Terrence Maxwell??? And I will echo what I have always said about Throp…he is a real deal competitor. But we know about Throp and Sensabaugh and how many times their numbers are called in the DB offensive scheme. And unlike at South…we will be very aware of those two when they come into the secondary.

If you watch them too closely someone like Easton Ring will burn you with some big gains. Cap you have an awsome view from a trashtalkers stance, if your Vikings lose, you can say they were outmatched by the #1 5A team while playing a Top 10 4A team, but if your Vikings win, its a never ending rush of how DB is overated and crap like that. Im hoping your one of the players, right?

Hey, I don't see that Cap is 'trash talking'. He seems that he is stating TN High's case for a W more than anything.........heck, it's Monday. This thing is just getting going :o

Anyhows, two good teams with two good coaches and I'm sure it will be a great contest.

just dropped in and wow... this game has some fans up early to get thier 3 cents in. but that is what makes these boards so fun to read. i don't say much but in this case i think i will let go a little. first of all i do believe that this db team is one of the best to ever step on the football field in this area. until a team can put some points on the board in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarters then they will handle any team they face. if the vikes can't run they have nooooo chance. and they won't be able to in my opinion. they didn't last year and i don't see anything but a repeat of what happen a year ago.

Next, why does big science hill fan always drop a line in the db thread. they have other fish to fry, like making the playoffs, seems to me they want db really bad, but are forgetting about the other teams on thier schedule.

Db wins BIG 40's to 7