Oak Ridge Wildcats go to McMinn Co

OakRidgeCat

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This region got a little more interesting after tonights action. 5 teams 4 playoff spots. McMinn has the easiest schedule of the 5 playoff contenders left. Huge game with the Govs in a couple of weeks. I would expect the Cherokees to handle Soddy, Heritage, and Bradley without much trouble. The Blount/McMinn winner should be in and the loser is probably out of the hunt.

cooter dont forget Oak they still have to play the Owls the Ads and WB not a easy game there.

Listened to the game on the radio, sounds like fans that went really got their money's worth.

One question, when you are within easy field goal range with 20 sec on the clock, why air it out? Why not run a keeper on 3rd and take the easy three for a "W"?

Also, it sounded as if OR had a bit of trouble keeping the rock off of the carpet. Tough to win games with that many TOs.

Congrats to McMinn Co on a big victory.

Whew...... I am glad week 6 is finally here. I have been waiting on this week all season because Coach Stevens said this team was a work in progress and it would take that long for them to gel and reach their full potential. We can all relax now, the season is about to begin.

Ole Dad

Listened to the game on the radio, sounds like fans that went really got their money's worth.

One question, when you are within easy field goal range with 20 sec on the clock, why air it out? Why not run a keeper on 3rd and take the easy three for a "W"?

Also, it sounded as if OR had a bit of trouble keeping the rock off of the carpet. Tough to win games with that many TOs.

This was the best football game i have ever witnessed at ANY level. It's easy to throw around that best tag, but this one is no contest.

mcminn had no timeouts and i'm sure was taking just one more shot at the end zone (with the thought of a TD or incomplete pass) and running a little more clock (considering how quickly OR scored previously). In hindsight, easy to say that wasn't the best decision.

OR did fumble several times but i don't think mcminn actually got any did they?

Awesome game by mcminn's will matthews. played solid defense all night. got the big INT towards the end of regulation, returned the KO into OR territory to put mcminn in position to win in regulation, and defended the 2 pt conversion well.

great game players. you've given this football fan a memory i will never forget.

I agree, Matthews was huge in the game. Devon Johnson also had a big game, 110 yards on 10 carries at Qb and a little over 100 passing. I thought the Defense stepped up tonight at key times. McMinn has a good chance to win out, the game vs WB is huge and will be a tough game.

Does anyone know who needs to win what game and how everyone may finish to make the playoffs in this region?

I agree, Matthews was huge in the game. Devon Johnson also had a big game, 110 yards on 10 carries at Qb and a little over 100 passing. I thought the Defense stepped up tonight at key times. McMinn has a good chance to win out, the game vs WB is huge and will be a tough game.

VERY HUGE win for the Cherokees and makes things interesting.

This win doesn't put McMinn Co. in the playoffs, but makes things harder for Oak Ridge. Looking at both teams remaining schedules, McMinn has an easier road to hoe (at Soddy-Daisy, at William Blount, Heritage, and finish up with Bradley) than Oak Ridge does (at William Blount, Soddy-Daisy, Ooltewah, and at Farragut). It is possible that the Wildcats could miss the playoffs considering their remaining schedule.

As of right now, the William Bount - McMinn Co. winner would be in the playoffs and the loser would be out (in a tiebreaker). (but that's assuming that Ooltewah, Oak Ridge, and Farragut are the other 3 in)

Whew...... I am glad week 6 is finally here. I have been waiting on this week all season because Coach Stevens said this team was a work in progress and it would take that long for them to gel and reach their full potential. We can all relax now, the season is about to begin.

Ole Dad

Hey Ole Dad,

Is this what we have to be afraid of when we move up to 5A and play ball with the BIG BOYS? The top three teams in Region 3 4A could win Region 2 5A.

Accept it, and Deal With It!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Rebel9