Unicoi at Elizabethton

rvd

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to agree with Truth. An easier game to start off with would be the starting point.

I'm sorry Book but I wasn't raised in these parts and I don't understand the problems between the county schools and the city school. I try to pull for them all regardless. Good luck with your H-A-T-E Elizabethton campaign. :o

To the players of Elizabethton: its kind of like getting punched on the nose. Do you take it or do you strike back until the enemy is subdued? Any of you who know me know my answer. Just go out and answer that question for the fans. Outplay your opponent play by play and the game will take care of itself. Never accept failure on the practice field, on the game field, in the classroom or anywhere else in your life.

To the coaches of Elizabethton: push much harder and absolutely demand more from your players and from the rest of the staff. Add a little 'razzle & dazzle' in your offense. You'd be surprised how it will turn your team on and bring some fun back. Never accept failure on the practice field, on the game field, in the classroom or anywhere else in your life.

To Cyclones: PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION EVERY DAY......BE A CYCLONE!!

Be darn sure and give this 'Book' guy a reason to hate you!!

rangerbook, sorry you are dissapointed in the play of the cyclones, but, I know they have shown better than unaka would have had they started their year with 3 teams the quality of DB, Science Hill, and Tn HIgh. Yeah we have started with a loosing record, and alot of people are down, but watch and see, if Ol Betsy don't give you that hatin attitude you creekers want. Cyclones turn the corner and turn it on for the real part of their season. If i'm not mistaken Betsy gave DB more of a game than TN high did. Look at all the talk about hampton, good team, but what did Johnson co. do to them? you play in a different classification, and it is a different ballgame.. Keep hatin us we love it...

book- one thing I have noticed is how the county schools have the misconception that Elizabethton is a big school. If you look at the enrollment for each conference.

Unaka is 4th highest in enrollment out of the 6 teams in your conference with a difference of 86 kids. Hampton is the biggest school. Cloudland is the smallest. The difference in total enrollment from smallest to largest school is 216 kids.

For E Town...

Largest school is Tn high with an enrollment of 1178 kids, Smallest is Johnson Co. with 683 kids. Elizabethton is 4th smallest of the 8 schools. 3 smaller schools 4 larger ones. The difference from smallest to largest is 495 kids. Elizabethton is 404 students smaller than TN HIGH. E towns enrollment is 774. Just to show the size difference.. Hats off to cloudland, and johnson Co. for being so competitive in their conference, being the small ones.

Elizabethton has had it's fair share of wins in a bigger conference. Only Johnson Co, Unicoi, and north are smaller. We are only 20 kids bigger than unicoi co. Really makes a statement when you look at the number of kids on the sidelines. says something for the tradition E town has, and now we understand why YOu love to Hate us. Comparing it to FLA/TN can't compare they are in the same conference, and play each other. Easy to hate a team you play against. But to hate elizabethton as a unaka fan is to say ETSU fans should hate UT. We are the same county, and should be pulling for all our teams. I know I follow how well Michael Carpenter, Hunter taylor, Brandon Medina, Jeff Wilson, Adam Townsend-stud, johnathan Lyons, JD oliver another stud, and many other county players are doing, and wish them much success, for winning seasons, and for state recognition, It looks good for our area sports. so get behind the orange and black and help us cheer them on for a winning season. Or would you rather hear the TN HIgh fans putting ALL OF US down? They consider everyone COWTOWNERS...

Edited by cyclonehorns

I'd have to agree with Truth. An easier game to start off with would be the starting point.

I'm sorry Book but I wasn't raised in these parts and I don't understand the problems between the county schools and the city school. I try to pull for them all regardless. Good luck with your H-A-T-E Elizabethton campaign. :lol:

To the players of Elizabethton: its kind of like getting punched on the nose. Do you take it or do you strike back until the enemy is subdued? Any of you who know me know my answer. Just go out and answer that question for the fans. Outplay your opponent play by play and the game will take care of itself. Never accept failure on the practice field, on the game field, in the classroom or anywhere else in your life.

To the coaches of Elizabethton: push much harder and absolutely demand more from your players and from the rest of the staff. Add a little 'razzle & dazzle' in your offense. You'd be surprised how it will turn your team on and bring some fun back. Never accept failure on the practice field, on the game field, in the classroom or anywhere else in your life.

To Cyclones: PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION EVERY DAY......BE A CYCLONE!!

Be darn sure and give this 'Book' guy a reason to hate you!!

Absolute MUST WIN game for the Cyclones!!

BE A CYCLONE!!

I've not heard anything but I'm not around the school much. I pick my kid up and leave. They should take a hard look at what is in front of them. Coach Calcagni who has more coaching and playing experience than anyone around here. Check him out on the NET. Some resume! He should be running the offense right now.

Versus any team the Cyclones will go as the line play lets them go. It has been that way all year and look at the record but they have had some tough teams. We shold have beat the Toppers and just flopped at Greeenville. They need to do some soul searching. I like what was written about gettin hit on the nose and what do you do? Its funny but true. Football is tough so get tough.

good luck Cylcones and a bunch of us are still behind you. We believe!

every game from here on is a must win --- yes we should only lose 1 more maybe to south,

what is it going to take to right the ship? i have heard rumors that pless is stepping down when the season is over. heard also that scott rider may be interested in coming home. anybody else heard anything like this?

I think it would be awful hard to get the people in Church Hill to let Scott Rider go after he has built such a powerhouse program down there.

I think it would be awful hard to get the people in Church Hill to let Scott Rider go after he has built such a powerhouse program down there.

That powerhouse program is 1-4 going into tonight. I'm sure he is a good coach but I wouldn't look at those results as a measuring stick. If you did, he would be in trouble.