Unicoi at Elizabethton

rvd

Just heard. What a coaching mistake and hard to understand the thinking.

Blazer, I've seen them play twice at DB and at thier home vs the Toppers. In those games, the line failed miserably but the offensive play calling was not there. In the second half of the DB game the flow was lost. They had a good first half. Against SH thier QB had no time at all, but he took a beating in both games. He is a warrior on the wrong team. You have to take your hat off to him for being so tough and playing through injuries.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard. What a coaching mistake and hard to understand the thinking.

Blazer, I've seen them play twice at DB and at thier home vs the Toppers. In those games, the line failed miserably but the offensive play calling was not there. In the second half of the DB game the flow was lost. They had a good first half. Against SH thier QB had no time at all, but he took a beating in both games. He is a warrior on the wrong team. You have to take your hat off to him for being so tough and playing through injuries.

So are we looking at an offensive line problem? No matter what plays a coach tries to call will do little good if the o line can't give some protection.

I have no idea why you put your second team offense in with 9 minutes left in the game when they have been setting the first 39 minutes.

Put him into the game in the 2nd quarter if you are going to play him. It is not fair to the backup qb to be in that situation. People around me where saying the same thing.

If the coach is kissing up to the parents then they can kiss each other when the season is over and EHS has no head coach.

I have no clue what to say. There is no reason why EHS got beat. They should have won the game by atleast 20. I give up. I have said things for the last few years about their problems but people told me I was crazy but now I know I am right.

I should have gotten the AD job because I do not think the AD now cares or will do anything because he is another yes man.

EHS has sorry fans the second half I bet 30 to 40% of the fans where gone. A close game but do not stick around. They saw the band and got to gossip with this person and then they left they did not know a game was going on.

Edited by rvd

Yall are acting like anderson is a horrible qb. Hes not. I disagree, however, putting him in there at that time. It was a tough situation for him BUT the team NEEDED to have preston in there.

Another bad part of that possession was the play calling. Preston couldnt have made much out of it, either.

Edited by imavol10

I thought Pless was going to get the AD job just like I thought Dugger was going to be basketball coach. EHS athletic department needs to put "Glory Days" on in their cd player. Because they have passed them by like a wink from a young girls eye.

Witten as coach I do not think so. If people want to relive the past then go get some 8tracks and listen to them. Scott Rider would be a better choice. I think they should go away from the area and find a coach and hope he does not listen to the parents and play people because of their name.

Edited by rvd

I think you boys are making a mistake. I don't see that Payne plays the 'politics game' and you fellas are way off base bringing him into your discussion. He happened to be the most qualified person available and I'd hate to be a sportswriter trying to cover an Elizabethton event or a baseball players parent and start playing games with him.

Payne is off limits. He and Weems are the best things that have happened to Elizabethton sports in the last 5-6 years. Can't believe what you two are saying but you'll have a battle if you want to screw with Gil and not just with him. :angry:

I'm sorry, acdcfan, but I have to disagree with you. Why do you take someone like Eddie Pless, who has all but destroyed cyclone football, and give him a PROMOTION???? Why in the world would you put him over the whole athletic department? People who perform badly don't get promotions, they get fired.

Gil Payne is a man of quality and high standards. Those kids gave him everything they had and more last year because they respected him. He brought class and discipline to Cyclone baseball. THAT is why he is where he is right now. The man that deserved the job got it. As a matter of fact, last year around my house we called him the "Dave Rider of baseball." If Roper is the reason for him being here then I will admit he has done one thing right!!!!!

Edited by skysthelimit44

Why isn't anyone giving the Unicoi Devils some much earned credit for their own victory?

Absolutely. Unicoi County played one heck of a ball game, and should be commended for doing something that Elizabethton needs desperately to do........

Even though they had a bad record (1 win coming in), and even though they found themselves down two scores to a team they hadn't beaten since 1967, they pulled together as a team, showed some pure guts, and kept grinding till, lo and behold, they pulled out the win.

They had way more reason to be down than the Cyclones, but instead of breaking apart under the strain, they pulled together.

Good job Blue Devils, from a Daniel Boone fan.

Edited by bucdaddio