Henry County vs. Munford

hcrocks

there have been some high scores predicted for this game. going back thru the post, i see HC predicted to put up 45,37,28 points. i'm going to say a little more of a defensive game like HC 21 M 13. hey YANKER, where is the NS vs JCM game played at? hey HC fans,what time does the game start at Munford 7 or 7:30 (YANKER says its important to know what time the games start!)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there have been some high scores predicted for this game. going back thru the post, i see HC predicted to put up 45,37,28 points. i'm going to say a little more of a defensive game like HC 21 M 13. hey YANKER, where is the NS vs JCM game played at? hey HC fans,what time does the game start at Munford 7 or 7:30 (YANKER says its important to know what time the games start!)

The JCM game is at NS. Munford plays their home games a 7:00 so the YANKER assumes this one is at 7:00. Why is the YANKER having to tell HC fans this????? The YANKER is officially worried about all of you again!!! At least my "Butterfully Beaned Wonder of a Friend" thought to ask!!!!! What would all of you do without your local YANKER?????

Being a Covington fan I have watched Brighton/JCM during our off week and both Brighton and Munford during the reqular season games. Seems JCM has a hard time playing a complete game. I was impressed with their athletes. Brighton is getting better but keeps finding a way to loose. Covington shut down Munford's ground game. Covington is so fast it was hard to gauge how fast Munford's backs were. Munford does have some qualty athletes. During the Covington/Munford game it seemed that Munford was playing it very close to the vest. Then when I read that they don't swap video, it seems they may approach the game with HC with some different game planning. Just my thought. Good luck Munford and all of the Tipton County teams.

Thanks "Bolt", the chargers may be the best overall and quickest team Munford has played all year, good luck with the rest of your season.

Anybody got some stats on McNairl? yards, etc. Is he in the running for mr. Football? I haven't heard anything lately.

There were some stats on the site today about McNairl from the Jackson Sun. Here they are:

Player of the Year: Calvin McNairl, Henry County, Sr. - Accounted for 1,278 yards and 12 touchdowns. Passed for 714 yards and eight touchdowns and rushed for 564 yards and four touchdowns.

Looks like this kid is going places! Seen Munford play recently and HC early in the season. HC should take this one by 3 scores.

I don`t think HC will have much trouble with Munford. Munford is improved from last year but JCM just had a total collapse against them in the second half. I know the win got the hopes up for Munford fans but I think last weeks game against Covington showed that they are not as strong as their win over JCM might have indicated.

HC is a very talented team and Munford will have to play their best football to beat them I agree. Speaking with coach Randall I think JCM didn't so much collapse as didn't make defensive changes to counter Munfords offense. I agree that we have improved a great deal, but we also have a long way to go and it's great to be in the position of playing for a chance to win the region. These guys have come a long way from last year.

Edited by cougarmike

HC is a very talented team and Munford will have to play their best football to beat them I agree. Speaking with coach Randall I think JCM didn't so much collapse as didn't make defensive changes to counter Munfords offense. I agree that we have improved a great deal, but we also have a long way to go and it's great to be in the position of plan for a chance to win the region. These guys have come a long way from last year.

The YANKER is sure your new coach brings a breath of fresh air and confidence into your program and he has experience at winning, even if it was in an easy league...but winning is winning...and that is the bottom line. He has won a championship and that separates him from most. But the real question is where would Munford be without the transfers??? Most schools do not even get one transfer who is a difference maker over the course of several years. By my last count , Munford has three...and they may be the best three players on your team!!! So the turnaround at Munford may not be able to be defined until a few years pass...unless you can count on your three best players to come from other schools each and every year. The YANKER is not being critical because the TSSAA apparently has signed off on all of this...the YANKER just speaks the truth as I see it.

The YANKER is sure your new coach brings a breath of fresh air and confidence into your program and he has experience at winning, even if it was in an easy league...but winning is winning...and that is the bottom line. He has won a championship and that separates him from most. But the real question is where would Munford be without the transfers??? Most schools do not even get one transfer who is a difference maker over the course of several years. By my last count , Munford has three...and they may be the best three players on your team!!! So the turnaround at Munford may not be able to be defined until a few years pass...unless you can count on your three best players to come from other schools each and every year. The YANKER is not being critical because the TSSAA apparently has signed off on all of this...the YANKER just speaks the truth as I see it.

I agree but, the TSSAA thought it was okay for them to transfer so they are who they are. no matter what they will be suited up friday night so we'll just shut them down

The YANKER wishes the transfers had waited until AFTER the JCM game!!!!!

Ditto that for the North Side game, but we all have to deal with it. Has TSSAA checked them that you are sure of? I remember someone from Munford questioning whether they were legal on an earlier post (and I'm not trying to start something hear), but I never heard if there was a ruling by TSSAA or not.

Time to pick.

HC-45 Munford-17

JCM-24 NS-16

Sorry, haven't had the time to be on lately. Some of us have to have jobs.

Still don't know how half you people post on here so often. Maybe you all work nights, since you post during the day.

anyway I agree with this prediction

HC 45

Munford 17

This will be a blowout. Munford is not in our league. As I said early in the year. We will represent the West in Murfreesboro. Once we finished playing the two five A teams that we had on the schedule we have begun to roll.

I am so glad that we are in this new region. It got old being one of the smallest schools in 5A. And it is also nice to not have to travel to Brentwood, and Nashville 3 or 4 times. We will DOMINATE this region for years to come. JCM is through and HC will be a FORCE in 4A.

Ditto that for the North Side game, but we all have to deal with it. Has TSSAA checked them that you are sure of? I remember someone from Munford questioning whether they were legal on an earlier post (and I'm not trying to start something hear), but I never heard if there was a ruling by TSSAA or not.

It is a matter of paperwork and addresses when it come to transfers. Relatively easy for someone to cross Ts and dot Is. Where problems are when you transfer within Districts or to Privates.