Oak Ridge at William Blount

TG24

For Oak Ridge's standards they must be awful this year! To lose to McMinn and William Blount is about as low as a "dominant" 5-A team can get. 5-A in east TN sure is weak this year.

Yep east is the stink for 5-A DB and Ooltewah really just can't compete with anyone..... Looking forward to Farragut at Ooltewah next weekend that will pretty much decide if Owls are real.. Hmm they were up 37-7 against bradley at half and Farragut was up 6-0 we'll see but I still think this years Owls run the table.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Oak Ridge's standards they must be awful this year! To lose to McMinn and William Blount is about as low as a "dominant" 5-A team can get. 5-A in east TN sure is weak this year. I read where Maryville (4-A) walked all over WB. Sounds like Maryville and many of the 4-A teams in their region would have it easier in Oak Ridge's region.

For Oak Ridge's standards they must be awful this year! To lose to McMinn and William Blount is about as low as a "dominant" 5-A team can get. 5-A in east TN sure is weak this year. I read where Maryville (4-A) walked all over WB. Sounds like Maryville and many of the 4-A teams in their region would have it easier in Oak Ridge's region.

sure it wasn't the ref's Govman?

Exciting game tonight. Great win for WB. Tough loss for OR. Lot's of mistakes by both teams. GovMan's thoughts:

* Offensively, Blount was pretty much non-existant for the first 39 minutes of the game.

* O.R.'s defense played great ... I do believe they might have been a little tired at the end. Their offense put them in bad spots three times in a row ... twice with turnovers, last time on downs.

* OR's young qb played a great game. In a tough position and he performed well. He'll end up being an excellent quarterback I think.

* OR is a young team. From what I understand, their entire D-line were first time starters tonight? They may be down for a season or so, but I believe this tradition-rich program will be back on top in a couple of years.

* Whatever you do, Wildcats ... hang on to Coach Stevens. His play-calling really impressed me tonight. Knowing he had lot's of youngsters and a tough road to hold, he pulled out all the stops and really had Blount on the ropes most of the contest. The fake punt (with like 15 yds to go), the pass-back to the qb, the hook and lateral ... I was impressed. I think you've got a great coach leading you.

* WB should great resisliency and "never said die" and it payed off. Finally, a few of the breaks went their way.

* Blount's "bend but not break" defense was sterling. The d didn't give up a td tonight. OR runs back the opening kick for a td (89 yds ... great run by #4, only a sophomore) and then gets 2 fg's (kicker has strong, strong leg).

* Many "noteables" tonight for the Govs. Walker's have the normal great games. T.J. had some nice runs from tb postion. Looks like the Gov's will have one more Walker carrying the mail next year. Remember WB's #7 --- Darren Garner. Only a sophomore, he's a burner.

* Blount still has to take care of business to get in play-offs, but tonight was a good step in the right direction.

Good luck to Oak Ridge the rest of the way. Know it's tough to lose when you're used to being so good year in and year out, but with a great coach, great young players, and a classy, supportive fan base ... anyone that knows anything about high school football knows it is just a matter of time before you're back. You guys can still play a "spoiler role" this year, so keep working.

Tough Loss, Hats Off to the Gov's for not giving up. The Refs didn't have a thing in the world to do with this win thank goodness. Can't say enough about the Gov's this year just a few plays here and there and their record is very different. Personally looking past them in a post season game would be a big mistake.

OR basically experience and otherwise are playing with a JV teamon the field. (not an excuse just a fact) I dont speak for anyone but myself but I saw this coming 3-4 years ago. It happens at other schools and its happening at OR this year. Bad for the seniors this year but great for the upcoming years. It will not take long for Oak Ridge to once again show why they are considered a heavy weight in 5A. This year is the exception and not the rule. People know that and thats why they are taking their shots now.

Last but not least Hats off to Stevens for standing on principal with D-line. Connor looked good on D and a real bright spot Mr Hudson kicked a 46 (i believe) FG with room to spare. Another soph play maker runs a KO back some 80 yards. Owls fans and whoever else better get their OR bashing out of their system this year. Next couple of years crow is on the menu.

Roll Cats Roll

Congrats to the Govs on their win! 1st time beating Oak Ridge. Nice job! Tell us a little about the game. How did Blount score 3 times in 6 minutes?

Tough Loss, Hats Off to the Gov's for not giving up. The Refs didn't have a thing in the world to do with this win thank goodness. Can't say enough about the Gov's this year just a few plays here and there and their record is very different. Personally looking past them in a post season game would be a big mistake.

OR basically experience and otherwise are playing with a JV teamon the field. (not an excuse just a fact) I dont speak for anyone but myself but I saw this coming 3-4 years ago. It happens at other schools and its happening at OR this year. Bad for the seniors this year but great for the upcoming years. It will not take long for Oak Ridge to once again show why they are considered a heavy weight in 5A. This year is the exception and not the rule. People know that and thats why they are taking their shots now.

Last but not least Hats off to Stevens for standing on principal with D-line. Connor looked good on D and a real bright spot Mr Hudson kicked a 46 (i believe) FG with room to spare. Another soph play maker runs a KO back some 80 yards. Owls fans and whoever else better get their OR bashing out of their system this year. Next couple of years crow is on the menu.

Roll Cats Roll

Ooltewah Freshman 8-19 Jamboree (Cleveland) Rhea Co. TBA W 8-0

8-21 Walker Valley Away 7:00 W 40-0

8-28 Rhea County Home 7:00 W 34-12

9-4 McMinn County R Home 7:00 W 48-0

9-11 Central Away 6:30 W 51-6

9-18 Cleveland Home 6:00 W 46-13

9-25 Gordon Lee Away 5:30 W 36-12

10-3 Bradley Central R Away 6:00 W 46-0

Ooltewah JV

8-21 Walker Valley Away 5:00 W 46-12

8-28 Rhea County Home 5:00 Rainout

9-4 McMinn County Home 5:00 W 26-14

10-2 Bradley Central Away 6:00 W 48-8

9-25 Hixson Away 6:00 W 21-6

I'm not worried!

Edited by ImaOWL

I am the biggest Owl fan around and I would never do any Oak Ridge bashing. We have to go there and play in two weeks and by no means do I think we win easily. I respect that program and the coach. By the way, we played at Heritage tonight and they are a classy bunch as well. Nice group of players and fans.Such a family atmosphere and decent officiating too.

Roll Cats Roll