District 11AA

Big Country

It's nothing against you BC. I have read alot of your post and respect what you have to say. I respect your opinion and 11AA may very well take 3 of the 4 games. I just believe that 12AA is still one of the strongest districts in the state, deep in talent and come tournament time that pays off. I just think 12AA is going to be to quick and athletic for 11AA. Not you but I think that many think because Bolivar lost Kemp and Chism that they are going to be easy pickins. The one thing some people have to realize is Bolivar reloads and this year they are playing more of a team game. I'm not saying they can't be beat but they are going to be tough to beat. My earlier post was not meant to downgrade or disrespect anybody in 11AA and If I did my bad.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they are smoking anything. I think they are exactly right. I am an 11AA supporter but I'm also a realist. Do you guys remember last year that mighty Sycamore was going to win the region? They were awesome right? They meet up with Bolivar and Bolivar destroys them, wasn't ever a game. And then Bolivar loses to Liberty Tech.

Guys, be real, Harpeth is a really good team, but when it comes to matching up with 12AA boys basketball, it's like comparing apples to oranges. These teams are way too athletic. I told you all last year and you didn't believe me. You bashed me for saying things like this guy. But sorry, the truth hurts sometimes. We all want to believe in our teams, but it just is not going to happen.

How are you a realist, you have posted one thing about 12aa, you dont know anything about them besides what people say? I am sure that Bolivar is improved, BUT they let Haywood score 100+ on them, can a Bolivar fan answer how there defense has improved that much. I dont need drama I am not trying to start anything I just want to know.

OH and nobody last year said anything about Sycamore being the best team in the region, everybody knew or thought that Bolivar was the best hands down. The only people that were saying anything about Sycamore was Sycamore fans, mostly students, when you have two D1 prospects you know it will be a long night most of the time. Nobody has said anything about Liberty either, we all know they are the number 1 team in the region so quit trying to make points with a team that isnt in the conversation PLEASE. You can bring them up, but not in irrelavence.

I love how people think that since 12AA doesn't have two powerhouse programs that the district is down. Everybody thinks since Liberty is beating everybody by 20 and 30 points that them teams aren't that good. People might want to realize Liberty is destroying just about every team they play and that includes some of the top teams in the country.

Bolivar (16-9) (21st SOS) - Yeah, it's a down year for them but don't think they don't have any talent. What you guys will find out is that Bolivar don't rebuild, they reload. The two Haywood loses were earlier in the year and they are playing much better now. The 28-point loss to Haywood, just about ever starter was suspended for that game. Plus, it's tough to beat Bolivar at home.

Southside (21-9) (46th SOS)- They have lost some games down the strecth but they were all to good teams. They return all the key players from last year so don't think a hostile environment is going to rattle them. These guys played at Bolivar the last couple of years and it don't get much rowdier than that. They are very quick and have three players that can go for 20 on any given night.

McNairy (19-9) (32nd SOS)- Same as Southside. Return key players and have played in hostile environments. The Bingham boys are probably one of the best brother tandems in the state. Plus, when the season is on the line, you are usually going to get Ken Bingham's best game. I don't believe that Harpeth or Sycamore has anybody that can shut him down one on one and he is a good passer so he can kill double and triple teams. They are better than last year.

12AA has put up good records against tougher opponents. 11AA SOS are Har-108, Syc-100, CC-99, and CW-73. 12AA is one of the strongest districts in the state year in and year out. I'm not guranteeing that 12AA is going to destroy 11AA in every game but 11AA is not going to destroy 12AA like some are thinking.

My predictions for the region is the last four teams that will be at Waverly are all 12AA teams.

When you say you dont think anybody from Harpeth or Sycamore can stop Ken I probably will agree with you, but who ever said you have to play man on him. You will probably see a 2-3 D against him. I have a feeling that Ken will do what ever it takes though to win a ball game in region. :D

Plus if Harpeth gets to play Mcnairy, Hopefully the do, we will have a student section RoCkIn.

ANd BC were you at the game last night, I thought i saw you but wasnt sure, I was sitting right under the Radio guys.

Edited by HHSnumber1fan

How are you a realist, you have posted one thing about 12aa, you dont know anything about them besides what people say? I am sure that Bolivar is improved, BUT they let Haywood score 100+ on them, can a Bolivar fan answer how there defense has improved that much. I dont need drama I am not trying to start anything I just want to know.

OH and nobody last year said anything about Sycamore being the best team in the region, everybody knew or thought that Bolivar was the best hands down. The only people that were saying anything about Sycamore was Sycamore fans, mostly students, when you have two D1 prospects you know it will be a long night most of the time. Nobody has said anything about Liberty either, we all know they are the number 1 team in the region so quit trying to make points with a team that isnt in the conversation PLEASE. You can bring them up, but not in irrelavence.

I have seen Liberty Tech play this year and have talked to persons who have seen the other teams play in the district as well as seeing our teams in our district. They like myself believe there is no way our teams will advance to the finals.

BC I know you love the Cheatham teams but I still say there's no way that Sycamore or Harpeth will compete with the other district. I think Bolivar and Southside are 15 pts. better than either.

Don't some of you people have anything better to do than bash on a young high school student athlete on these message boards??????? Talk about sorry :D

Sorry there, I wasn't bashing any player. I was pointing out a coaches decision to lift a suspension when the game was in jeopardy. But that's the coaches call anyway. The player in question is one of the best players in the district, but in my opinion I think the mvp should go to a Sycamore or Harpeth player. As for the region, the only team that has a chance for the region finals is the team that wins the district championship and I still don't see them getting by Bolivar, who will then face Liberty in the region finals. District 12AA is too tough for 11AA.

I believe Liberty is head and shoulders above the rest in this region, state for that matter.

That being said, I have no idea how the rest are going to shake out. I do think Harpeth and Sycamore have the ability to control a game over a more athletic team. Both played in some higher profile tournaments this season and have held their own, even beating obviously more athletic teams.

I'll invite anyone from 12AA to come to Ashland City tomorrow night and check out our top four teams in action tomorrow night ;)

6PM: Creek Wood vs Cheatham Co.

7:30PM: Sycamore-Harpeth

I KNOW IT'S WAY OFF OF THIS TOPIC BUT HOW ABOUT THOSE TWO GAMES TONIGHT :blink: A combined 5OT's in two games that were decided by a total of 5 POINTS :blink::blink:

The boys consolation and Championship games are going to have to go a long way to match the excitement of the girls' tournament.

Looking forward to the matchups at hand tomorrow evening. Talk about important games. If you think teams in this district have a chance to advance out of the region, then it is vitally important to win tomorrow night. I am not taking anything from Bolivar or any other team in District 12, but the losers of the games Wednesday will be in the same side of the bracket as the defending STATE CHAMPS.

It's always difficult come region time since these 2 districts really don't interact or have common opponents during the season, and one district usually doesn't know that much about the other. So anything can happen.

First, everone will agree I think Liberty has proven themselves as best team in region and probably the state. Doesn't mean they can't be upset, but the one issue everyone will agree on is Liberty should win the region.

So I agree that makes the 11AA championship even more important because not only the district championship is on the line, but also winner would not have to play Liberty till Region championship and could advance without having to beat Liberty.

My best guess would be Liberty and Bolivar win first round games. Bolivar will be at home and although they are not the Bolivar of the past 3 years, they are still talented and well coached and know how to win basketball games. I really can't offer knowedgeable prediction on McNairy and SS games, but on the road against what looks like a couple of pretty good teams, if I had to make a guess, I would say all home teams win and 2 teams fromeach district advance.

Liberty makes championship and wins Region. Who they face is the biggest question. I don't know the 11aa teams well enough to give a definitive answer, but don't bet the farm against Bolivar.

As always the above ramblings are the sole opinion of jusdontno and do not reflect the opinions of anyone with any actual knowledge.

:blink: Nice fine print jusdontno. That and the screenname excludes you from any criticism from Monday morning point guards. :blink:

I agree with Slube that the Murray, KY and Pensacola, FL tournaments gave Harpeth a pretty good look against 2 styles of basketball. The Kentucky teams were fundamentally sound and featured good shooters and offensive schemes while the Florida tournament was full of fast athletic teams that could run the floor. Now, Harpeth didn't win either tournament, but they made a nice showing. That should serve them well in regions IF they play their game. They can go in a funk at times and I've never seen a team that can go up by 20 and then lose that lead like the Indians sometimes do. I think that's why Coach Wilson keeps his hair so short.............to prevent him from pulling it all out. :blink:

We all fall under your disclaimer justdontno, so no worries here.

Harpeth is an excellent defensive team. I can already tell that Trey Caruthers, as a sophomore, will be one of the best players to come out of that school before it's over. He's pretty good now, but he'll grow a couple more inches and you'll be looking at a 6'5" guard who's a real slasher when he's a senior. I watched Harpeth against Creek Wood 2 nights ago. Four of their starting five seem to be pretty good athletes from what I saw, especially Giltner and Caruthers. They tend to go into spells where they seem to lose concentration and play a little out of control. That cannot happen against teams like Liberty Tech or even Bolivar. The big difference Harpeth is going to see when the Region begins is that they cannot rely on their athletic ability alone against teams with equal or better ability. They will have to play more consistently for 4 periods. District 11-AA is not the most athletic district around, so I don't believe Harpeth's game-to-game competition has been consistently as tough as the opposing district's. Their defense is the key though, they can get after you defensively, and if they can just get some outside scoring from Giltner, Caruthers, or anyone else in the tourney, they could very well move on to the sub-state. I don't see any team even hanging with Liberty Tech until we get much deeper in the state tourney.