Milan must forfeit five games

CoachT

Back in the late 90's, Northside High School baseball program was put on probation, I believe, for playing an ineligible player. It turns out Ronnie Carter was reading the boxscores from a spring break tournament in Nashville. He saw the player's name in the boxscore. Now the player was playing with the JV team but because the varsity team was playing elsewhere in another tournament and the tourney the player in question was participating in was not designated as a JV tourney, this was perceived as a violation. In the present situation, all Mr. Carter had to do was pick up a USJ telephone directory.

The fact that Ronnie's son was also coaching at JCS and the ineligible player transferred from JCS was also believed to be a little bit of that too. Ronnie Carter is an absolute joke (and the TSSAA is becoming more of one), but that is a different rant for a different day. That said.........

I agree with the Emeritus, VG, and others that yes, if rules were broken that Milan should be punished. I feel for the team, the other players, and everyone who tried to make sure the player was eligible. It seems Milan did all they could to make sure they jumped through all the TSSAA hoops. It's a bad situation, but fair. I also think Milan will recover and get the 2 seed in the playoffs.

Good luck the rest of the season to the Bulldogs. I hope Coach Morris gets to stare King Ronnie square in the eye when he presents them the gold ball in Murfreesboro. :thumb:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This region is still wide open at this point as to who makes the playoffs. As a Westview fan, I'm sorry for Milan, who is one of our biggest rivals. The teams that benefitted from this really weren't a major concern for playoff spots anyway. It has actually made it tougher now for the teams that were originally vying for the 2, 3 and 4 spot. Milan will still be in the top four without a doubt. What's done is done.

Guest NoPainNoGain

hhmmm...don't do the crime if you can't do the time. It ain't rocket science to figure out what the living situation with the ineligible player was even before the season started. Maybe Milan thought it would fly under the radar? USJ received harsher punishment last year b/c of a delinquent tuition payment. My advice - quit whining and concentrate on winning out and show up in the playoffs without your ineligible player.

Everyone is forgetting what created the Friction between USJ and Milan to begin with. It was all about the way that USJ played the game in week 4, resorting to Dirty Play as they were getting beat. The sorry night of play on their part was finally highlighted when the intentionally ended the career of one of Milan's best players. That resulted in some letters, which eventually may have lead to the ratting on Milan. If Milan should forfeit the games, fine, they will still end up in the Sate Championship. If you attend the Milan / Huntingdon game tonight, you will see bitter rivals go at it with passion. However, what you will not see is Dirty Play, only hard nose all out Football the way it is meant to be played.

Everyone is forgetting what created the Friction between USJ and Milan to begin with. It was all about the way that USJ played the game in week 4, resorting to Dirty Play as they were getting beat. The sorry night of play on their part was finally highlighted when the intentionally ended the career of one of Milan's best players. That resulted in some letters, which eventually may have lead to the ratting on Milan. If Milan should forfeit the games, fine, they will still end up in the Sate Championship. If you attend the Milan / Huntingdon game tonight, you will see bitter rivals go at it with passion. However, what you will not see is Dirty Play, only hard nose all out Football the way it is meant to be played.

No, I am not sure that it matters if there is friction or not. Let's focus on the next 4 games and not the last 6. We know who won those. Milan is a quality program with a quality coach. Milan sets the bar high. Let's focus on that. :thumb:

The punishment is affecting the wrong people, The kids are suffering here. When the TSSAA starts penalizing the adults resposible and not the kids who have no controll over the situation. Coaches, Athletic directors ect. should be the ones made to suffer. Sometimes I think the TSSAA looses site of who is responsible and they just punish all.

Edited by Footballfan15

They are still making the wrong people suffer and basically letting the guilty people off with no penalty. Untill the adults who are resposible are made to atone for their mistakes things like this will continue.

The coaches are part of the team just like the players. This is like when a DB blows coverage on the last play of the game and gives up the game winning TD. Is he to blame for the loss or it is the entire team? The coaches and administration dropped the ball on this one. Yes, it is bad that the kids are being punished by this, but the Milan football program was in violation of a TSSAA rule.

I really hate this for the players at Milan. Good luck with the rest of the season. Alot of people in Crockett County are pulling for Milan! Win the rest of your games and move on. If I wasn't such a big Cav fan I'd pull for Milan to win State!!!

hey if we both make it we could both be in the boro could it happen ????? maybe also good luck to the cavs the rest of their season

Edited by bulldoggfan

Just be glad they didn't wait until Week 8 or 9.

Very good point

How do you know it was USJ who snitched? Aren't there other teams that will be more likely to gain from Milan's forfeited games? Do you have proof that someone from USJ was the snitch or are you just assuming?

That's just the way I heard it; like I said, I'm far removed from the situation and hoped someone would correct me if I was inaccurate. I do agree with whoever said that it's unfortunate for the guys that play for Milan.