Catholic @ Fulton

gridironguy

Left Tackle. T.J. Franklin. Sr. 6-5. 260 lbs

Left Guard. Zak Tait. So. 6-3. 285 lbs

Center. Joey Natour. Sr. 6-0. 205 lbs

Right Guard. Trey Washington. Sr. 6-3. 260 lbs

Right Tackle. Jeff Station. Sr. 6-2. 250 lbs

Franklin starter since So @ DE/TE. 06 is 1st yr @ OT. Starts @ DE.

Tait starter since Fr @ LG. Starts @ DT.

Natour starter since So @ C/LB. Hurt as Jr. Starts @ N/DT.

Washington starter since Jr. Rotates @ DT.

Station starter this yr. Rotates @ DL.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actions speak louder than words!!!! Maybe thug is the wrong word BUT, what do you call a guy that curses out a member of the FHS coaching staff (not football) in front of several visitors/parents from Catholic before a JV game. Trust me, he wasn't whispering. The sheltered Catholic parents were shocked to say the least. Since I'm friends with several of the FHS coaches, I made a point to them that the coaches don't put up with that kind of garbage at FHS. Maybe the only discipline and tough love these guys get is from their coaches. What do you call a guy that intentionally knocks down a member of the Cross Country team that's trying to finish his workout on the track and laughs about it? I don't know that I would describe that as being a "great kid" as you say. Haven't all 3 of the kids that were suspended been multiple offenders? How many times is reasonable to ignore the problems of these "great kids"?

I was very proud of the way Dennis Rogan stepped up and told them to straighten up. Very nice leadership as I said earlier. I'm sure their teammates respect both of these players but it also demonstrates that one or two guys setting the wrong example can undermine the perception of a program. These "great kids" need to think about the situation that they're putting their team in with their actions.

Obviously you didnt read my post. I know freeney very well, and talk to him often. Freeney IS A GREAT KID, but he just needs guidance. Maybe you dont understand bc people from catholic dont have to go thru the daily struggles some of the kids from fulton go through. You'll never hear it from Freeney, but he has went through ALOT, and is under a lot of pressure.

Obviously you didnt read my post. I know freeney very well, and talk to him often. Freeney IS A GREAT KID, but he just needs guidance. Maybe you dont understand bc people from catholic dont have to go thru the daily struggles some of the kids from fulton go through. You'll never hear it from Freeney, but he has went through ALOT, and is under a lot of pressure.

Sure I read your post. I just was trying to point out that I wouldn't consider him a "great kid" based on the points I made earlier (and could have brought up several more as you probably know). You didn't address any of my points regarding their behavior and multiple infractions. What pressures warrant cursing out a member of the FHS coaching staff, trying to injury a fellow Falcon athlete (even if it was just a Cross Country), and demeaning your schools teams that aren't as successful as football? Catholic isn't totally the rich school you imagine it to be. Several Catholic kids are zoned for AE, Fulton and Carter that face the same pressures. Going thru ALOT and pressures don't determine the person you are. How you respond to them determines the type person you are. How much extra/more guidance does he need or deserve? His heart may be right but his actions are unquestionally not. Are the other players that serve as model citizens not subject to many of the same pressures? I await your response and look forward to your insight.

Edited by IrishBBall

Sure I read your post. I just was trying to point out that I wouldn't consider him a "great kid" based on the points I made earlier (and could have brought up several more as you probably know). You didn't address any of my points regarding their behavior and multiple infractions. What pressures warrant cursing out a member of the FHS coaching staff, trying to injury a fellow Falcon athlete (even if it was just a Cross Country), and demeaning your schools teams that aren't as successful as football? Catholic isn't totally the rich school you imagine it to be. Several Catholic kids are zoned for AE, Fulton and Carter that face the same pressures. Going thru ALOT and pressures don't determine the person you are. How you respond to them determines the type person you are. How much extra/more guidance does he need or deserve? His heart may be right but his actions are unquestionally not. Are the other players that serve as model citizens not subject to many of the same pressures? I await your response and look forward to your insight.

Well you might not consider him a great kid to your standards, but he didn't have daddy riding his tip and paying his way out of trouble now did he? You have a point as far as him getting in trouble, but if you or your precious little boy were in the same situation I will GUARANTEE that you would be the same way, no if's, and's, or but's!! Yes, Catholic IS the rich school I imagine it because I've been there myself, started to go there, and know everyone that goes there!! The crap that these kids go through doesn't determine the type of person they are, but it has a HUGE impact on their character!! Him as well as any other kid who didn't have the best past ALL DESERVE and NEED extra guidance, what kid shouldn't have the same privelages your baby boy had?? If he had the same guidance your kid had, he would be doing just as good ;-p And finally NO, those players who now serve as "model citizens" are not subject to the same pressures, they just let themselves be taken by today's norm!! I hope you have been insighted about the LIFE these kids live!

Well you might not consider him a great kid to your standards, but he didn't have daddy riding his tip and paying his way out of trouble now did he? You have a point as far as him getting in trouble, but if you or your precious little boy were in the same situation I will GUARANTEE that you would be the same way, no if's, and's, or but's!! Yes, Catholic IS the rich school I imagine it because I've been there myself, started to go there, and know everyone that goes there!! The crap that these kids go through doesn't determine the type of person they are, but it has a HUGE impact on their character!! Him as well as any other kid who didn't have the best past ALL DESERVE and NEED extra guidance, what kid shouldn't have the same privelages your baby boy had?? If he had the same guidance your kid had, he would be doing just as good ;-p And finally NO, those players who now serve as "model citizens" are not subject to the same pressures, they just let themselves be taken by today's norm!! I hope you have been insighted about the LIFE these kids live!

The "model citizens" I was referring to were the good kids at Fulton who do the right thing not Catholic students. Are they not under the same pressures as a lot of these kids who get into trouble? I understand that these pressures do have a huge impact but ultimately their behavior is their own doing. I could even understand and perhaps rationalize doing things to get money, clothes, or food without going into more detail.

BUT, the actions I saw involving the cross country team and some of the football players were uncalled for. These guys should at least show some respect for other members of the FHS coaching staff and other athletes. There is no way to justify their actions. These athletes work just as hard with alot less recognition than the football and basketball teams get. Not having a daddy, proper guidance, second/third/fourth chances etc. are no excuse for the behavior I saw. I'm good friends with Coach Wright and I know what his reaction would have been and I'm sure Coach Coatney's response would have been the same. These coaches provide great guidance but some just don't seem to take it as well. Great topic for a debate but the wrong forum.

Remember, Character is what you do when no one is watching!