Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's not to understand!?!? She HIT Davis in the back of the head openfisted on purpose. If you don't think it was on purpose, then why didn't she protest? Officials must react to these types of things or we'll have an all out brawl...

Sorry but It was I.Elie that got a questionable technical and Hause that was ejected which could not be understood. pretty tough for a tournament game.

Im not the biggest girls basketball fan, but I have come out to support my lady stars all year and I just want to say that I think the game last night against Cookeville was the WORST officiated game I have watched ALL year, Boys or Girls games it was AWFUL.

Didn't Cookeville win by about 20pts or so??? I was there for the game at Cookeville that Siegel won in overtime. Cookeville should have won that one by about 20 because I thought Siegal wasn't that good of a team. Cookeville that night just had a bad night. Cookeville just proved who the better team was last night.

Don't blame officials. It's the lamest excuse to use for a teams loss. No way the officials can be a factor in a blowout like last night. Deal with it and move on.

Thank you.

Didn't Cookeville win by about 20pts or so??? I was there for the game at Cookeville that Siegel won in overtime. Cookeville should have won that one by about 20 because I thought Siegal wasn't that good of a team. Cookeville that night just had a bad night. Cookeville just proved who the better team was last night.

Don't blame officials. It's the lamest excuse to use for a teams loss. No way the officials can be a factor in a blowout like last night. Deal with it and move on.

Thank you.

You are right Gordo, the Cavaliers can't control the officials. It is a sad state of affairs when we have an important game that is spoiled by inept officiating. Cookeville played a physical and at times, dirty game. Grabbing jerseys, throwing elbows and pushing on every play. Number 55 fouled every time down the court. You have to give credit to MS Odam and the Cookeville girls. They took what was given and played as the officials would let them. Having said all of that, Siegel played the most dismal game since their first year in the existance. They would have struggled against any one. Cookeville and Siegel are very evenly matches and I hope they meet again.

You are right Gordo, the Cavaliers can't control the officials. It is a sad state of affairs when we have an important game that is spoiled by inept officiating. Cookeville played a physical and at times, dirty game. Grabbing jerseys, throwing elbows and pushing on every play. Number 55 fouled every time down the court. You have to give credit to MS Odam and the Cookeville girls. They took what was given and played as the officials would let them. Having said all of that, Siegel played the most dismal game since their first year in the existance. They would have struggled against any one. Cookeville and Siegel are very evenly matches and I hope they meet again.

I'm sure the refs weren't great but I doubt they kept you from winning (scoring only 25 has nothing to do with a ref).

Just to be truthful, Siegel is not as good as you guys think. With a district full of teams with a losing record (white co 15-16,Blackman 4-25,Lebanon 11-21, Warren co 4-20), it is easy to think you are better than you are. Oakland is lucky to be a top 50 team at 16-12 and Cookeville is maybe a top 30 team (maybe). The only team in the district is Riverdale and they may not make it to the State.

Every team you were supposed to lose to....you did. The best wins I could find were Lavergne and at Cookeville. However, I compare Cookeville to Beech. Neither team is great but they are both better than average. Siegel is not as good as either team.(Cookeville or Beech) With losses to Beech, Wilson Central, Brentwood Academy, Riverdale, and Cookeville, your just losing to teams that should beat you. Then add more unexpected losses to an out of state team and 2 East Tennessee teams that are not great (Karns and Mcminn). You get 12 plus wins by just playing your district teams. I doubt Siegel would be a top 20-25 team in AA or a top 10 team in single A. I'm giving you just my opinion so don't write me a 70 paragraph response. I truly like to read your thread and appreciate your passion but sometimes your talking like your a top 10 team and I really don't agree. You have had a decent season and you guys have really improved over the past 3 years. Good luck the rest of the season.

starpres, I saw that stuff in their meeting at Cookeville when Siegel won in overtime. The officials did little about it. It was both ways and I'm sure it was both ways in the meeting last night. You make it sound like Siegel was the innocent victims last night. I hardly doubt that to be true and if they meet again Cookeville will dominate them again I'm sure. Like I said before Cookeville had an awful night at Cookeville when they lost and I doubt they would let that happen again.

Stop complaining about officials. It's the easiest copout for someone to make themselves feel better about a loss. It's a pathetic show of sportsmanship.

Im not the biggest girls basketball fan, but I have come out to support my lady stars all year and I just want to say that I think the game last night against Cookeville was the WORST officiated game I have watched ALL year, Boys or Girls games it was AWFUL.

I watched the first Siegel/Cookeville game earlier this year. I saw Siegel get away with setting illegal screen after illegal screen within the three second lane. On top of that, those girls could have started a campfire and cooked hotdogs as long as those refs were letting them stay in the lane. Yet, in a game that was played at Cookeville, Siegel won in double overtime. After that game, I didn't see one post from a Cookeville fan complaining about the officiating. It was a loss.

Now, we have Cookeville stomping Siegel and the Siegel Nation whine about the officiating? Give me a break. I believe it was PHargis who said earlier that Cookeville needs a nation. Bologna.

Edited by Kroman

I watched the first Siegel/Cookeville game earlier this year. I saw Siegel get away with setting illegal screen after illegal screen within the three second lane. On top of that, those girls could have started a campfire and cooked hotdogs as long as those refs were letting them stay in the lane. Yet, in a game that was played at Cookeville, Siegel won in double overtime. After that game, I didn't see one post from a Cookeville fan complaining about the officiating it was a loss.

Now, we have Cookeville stomping Siegel and the Siegel Nation whine about the officiating? Give me a break. I believe it was a PHargis who said earlier that Cookeville needs a nation. Bologna.

LOL!

True.... so true.

You are not a reporter are you? If so, I sure hope you don't intend to print excerpts from this post in tomorrow's paper.

You are not a reporter are you? If so, I sure hope you don't intend to print excerpts from this post in tomorrow's paper.

If the reporter wants to see some horrible officiating then he or she needs to tune into a mens bball dook game. Those are some pretty horrible officials.

Edited by gordo22448

I'm sure the refs weren't great but I doubt they kept you from winning (scoring only 25 has nothing to do with a ref).

Just to be truthful, Siegel is not as good as you guys think. With a district full of teams with a losing record (white co 15-16,Blackman 4-25,Lebanon 11-21, Warren co 4-20), it is easy to think you are better than you are. Oakland is lucky to be a top 50 team at 16-12 and Cookeville is maybe a top 30 team (maybe). The only team in the district is Riverdale and they may not make it to the State.

Every team you were supposed to lose to....you did. The best wins I could find were Lavergne and at Cookeville. However, I compare Cookeville to Beech. Neither team is great but they are both better than average. Siegel is not as good as either team.(Cookeville or Beech) With losses to Beech, Wilson Central, Brentwood Academy, Riverdale, and Cookeville, your just losing to teams that should beat you. Then add more unexpected losses to an out of state team and 2 East Tennessee teams that are not great (Karns and Mcminn). You get 12 plus wins by just playing your district teams. I doubt Siegel would be a top 20-25 team in AA or a top 10 team in single A. I'm giving you just my opinion so don't write me a 70 paragraph response. I truly like to read your thread and appreciate your passion but sometimes your talking like your a top 10 team and I really don't agree. You have had a decent season and you guys have really improved over the past 3 years. Good luck the rest of the season.

Brian, Interesting post and much of it is factual. You have the opportunity to read the response or don't read. What is factual you leave out is that this very likely an underachieving team that has a lot of talent in six players. There is no super player. It is a very good defensive club. At times it can be a good offensive club. You evidently don't cover 7AAA and have so stated. Can't even find Oakland. You are reading off of a schedule. You look at schedule, strength rankings on coach T and its obvious siegel has not played well enough to be a top AAA team. Doesn't mean they can't beat some top AAA teams. Many posters thought underacheiving would work itself out with a number of teams. While many great players are in 7AAA, some teams have underacheived as siegel. The results will see how good RD, Cookeville, siegel are. maybe you can stay around and read the results. LHS with developing actions, will unlikely contribute. Your opinions are good but like the rest of us you many times just blow smoke and many times make us think you graduated from HS the past two years.

Now this poster lost you some 75 words ago but this poster appreciates you reading the comments of some of the best posters in 7AAA whose goal is to report Factual Information for its readers, not just the mundane. nobody is really hiding behind opinions but nobody has seen your posts enough to verify your creditability. it's easy to zoom in and out of a thread and give opinions especially when the only contribution you seem to have made concerns AAU> Another interesting fact is 7AAA, the way it looks, covers all 7AAA teams yet siegel is only pointed out. maybe a lot of the stories are interesting and provide the readers with items that they can't or are not getting from other sources. As you have very nicely said and we appreciate it, you do read the information and with 25000 views and spinoffs to numerous threads that started interest, you can add approximately 15000 other views so disparaging views are accepted and encouraged. Hope you remain a nonpaying customer of Coach T.