Omar Wattad announces on monday oct. 16th

heatplaya

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is maybe the worst post in the history of your moronic post on here.

There are plenty of good athletes in this area that are not good basketball players. Coty is a good athlete, yes, but he is a good basketball player because he does all those things well (shoot, ball handling). If all a basketball player does is jump high, run fast and be agile than most players then he will not be a good player around here or any area.

Here is an example...Take Teddy Gaines. Maybe one of the best athletes to ever come out of this area. So if we use your logic he should have been an all-conference b-ball player too, just because he was a good athlete.

I would imagine that there is just as many D1 scholarships handed out here than your average area. What are you compaing this area too? If you compare this area to Memphis or New York, then no, there are not as many being handed out. But if you are comparing this area to say Anytown, Missouri then I would say we are about average.

I would expect that response from you brock.

Let me clarify myself. In my opinion, To play on the level that I feel that we are talking about, MOST players poses a total package…physical statue, athleticism and or natural ability, and are proficient in the skills of the sport (in this instance ball handling, shooting, court vision, etc…..) or any combination of the above. I think Omar AND Wiggins both poses this, but you will be hard pressed to find others in this area that do. And don’t get me wrong…Coty is easily one of the top athletes in this region in basketball or any sport he plays. He is a shoe in for the basketball all conference team and a possible candidate for MVP. But Coty is still a good example for my point. If you put him on a larger scale…say statewide…his stock would drop dramatically. Now if he was brought up in…lets say the Memphis system that would more than likely be a different story given his natural ability. And I mean no disrespect to Coty because he has had a stellar high school career and will no doubt play sports on the next level somewhere…that’s just a geographical flaw for this area. And when I say “mediocre talent” I’m not saying that the athletes aren’t competitive and exciting to watch, so let me give a small example of my point of view. In our region it is a spectacular play and rare to see a player dunk the basketball in the game…in other areas while still exciting to see, it is merely a normal ending to the fast break. My post on this thread aren’t meant as an attach on the athletics in this area (as I’m sure some of you on here would like to make it out to be), they are meant to point out that to be recognized by schools of the magnitude that Omar has been is not an easy task and is very rare for our region. Instead of downing him and trying to find reasons why he doesn’t deserve the recognition…as fans of the sport and supporters of our athletes we should celebrate his accomplishments and congratulate him! I’m not a Science Hill fan so you don’t have to tell me that Omar isn’t a popular player among competitors…but I don’t let that overshadow the FACT that he IS an exceptional athelet.

I would expect that response from you brock.

Let me clarify myself. In my opinion, To play on the level that I feel that we are talking about, MOST players poses a total package…physical statue, athleticism and or natural ability, and are proficient in the skills of the sport (in this instance ball handling, shooting, court vision, etc…..) or any combination of the above. I think Omar AND Wiggins both poses this, but you will be hard pressed to find others in this area that do. And don’t get me wrong…Coty is easily one of the top athletes in this region in basketball or any sport he plays. He is a shoe in for the basketball all conference team and a possible candidate for MVP. But Coty is still a good example for my point. If you put him on a larger scale…say statewide…his stock would drop dramatically. Now if he was brought up in…lets say the Memphis system that would more than likely be a different story given his natural ability. And I mean no disrespect to Coty because he has had a stellar high school career and will no doubt play sports on the next level somewhere…that’s just a geographical flaw for this area. And when I say “mediocre talent” I’m not saying that the athletes aren’t competitive and exciting to watch, so let me give a small example of my point of view. In our region it is a spectacular play and rare to see a player dunk the basketball in the game…in other areas while still exciting to see, it is merely a normal ending to the fast break. My post on this thread aren’t meant as an attach on the athletics in this area (as I’m sure some of you on here would like to make it out to be), they are meant to point out that to be recognized by schools of the magnitude that Omar has been is not an easy task and is very rare for our region. Instead of downing him and trying to find reasons why he doesn’t deserve the recognition…as fans of the sport and supporters of our athletes we should celebrate his accomplishments and congratulate him! I’m not a Science Hill fan so you don’t have to tell me that Omar isn’t a popular player among competitors…but I don’t let that overshadow the FACT that he IS an exceptional athelet.

I love you Cap. It took you 3 posts to clarify the mistakes you posted in the first place. I for one never said Omar is not deserving of recognition... I just think a press conference is a load of BULL! He is a fine athlete, and everyone will be thrilled with whatever his choice is... I am sure all of the media outlets would be on hand for his signing WITHOUT a press conference.(If in fact one is held)

Now, I see no reason to let you off the hook about your previous comments just because you "clarified" them. You did not say "mediocre" talent ...you said "MEDIOCRE" talent. Definitely disparaging remark if not an outright attack. It seems like the whole "shoot first and clarify later" approach to posting isn't working for you. Maybe if you gave it a bit more thought first, you might not need so many clarification/ retractions. Oh and next time you try to act all smart and all try this:

http://www.etymonline.com

I love you Cap. It took you 3 posts to clarify the mistakes you posted in the first place. I for one never said Omar is not deserving of recognition... I just think a press conference is a load of BULL! He is a fine athlete, and everyone will be thrilled with whatever his choice is... I am sure all of the media outlets would be on hand for his signing WITHOUT a press conference.(If in fact one is held)

Now, I see no reason to let you off the hook about your previous comments just because you "clarified" them. You did not say "mediocre" talent ...you said "MEDIOCRE" talent. Definitely disparaging remark if not an outright attack. It seems like the whole "shoot first and clarify later" approach to posting isn't working for you. Maybe if you gave it a bit more thought first, you might not need so many clarification/ retractions. Oh and next time you try to act all smart and all try this:

http://www.etymonline.com

The clarification posts (including this one) were meant for the “special people” from Sullivan Central…namely brock20 and hessforprez, and apparently you. I think most others (may not agree) but they understand where I’m coming from. I’ve dealt with these two before, and the “giving it a bit more thought first” approach isn’t going to remedy the communication barrier there. I plan on going to CoachT and proposing a “POST BY PICTURE” thread for the reading impaired. :lol::lol:

Barb…please don’t take my sarcasm personal. If you have read my posts you would know that I have this insane sense of humor that these guys on here love to hate. And I’m probably not your most “politically correct” poster on here, but I say things, and make points that some agree with…but only think about, because they are fearful of how others will think of them. I don’t seem to have that problem. :thumb: Matt 7:1-5

there's obviously a big stretch in what kind of talent he has and what some are saying he possesses. if he's as good as the maurice miller's and seth skogen's of the world.. why isn't he being mentioned alongside them if he's getting D-1 offers as well? there's a lot to be told about one's talents in signing a UT-Chattanooga scholarship or calling a press conference to sign with a Vandy or a Georgetown, that's all i'm sayin.

That is exactly the type of post my posts are directed to. :thumb: To be honest with you…this is the first time I’ve seen Seth Skogen's and Maurice Miller's names mentioned together being that one is being recruited for basketball and one for football.

That’s to complicated for me…how bout this for clarification? :rolleyes:

http://www.freedict.com/onldict/spa.html

OK Cap, don't take this the wrong way or anything... not trying to sound superior or anything like that...but language origin is my field of expertise. "Gratis" was first incorporated into the English language around the 12th century as a contraction of the Latin "gratiis" meaning"for thanks". We are technically both right...and wrong. "Gratis"appears in both the English and Spanish languages with the same spelling and both are derived from Latin. So you see while "gratis" is a spanish word, it is also an english("gratis" in spanish is "gratis") word so you probably should have saved your definition for someone unfamiliar with their native tongue.(of course you probablyknow some of these people better than I )

On another note...Am I to understand, in the future, that "you people" referred to in your posts does not really refer to "you people" but to a "few of you people"?

I am so ready for basketball...

I hope that which ever school it is he chooses, it is a good choice for him. I have watched Omar play against my son for many years and am very pleased that he will get the opportunity to continue playing basketball at the college level. It is my impression that he works very hard at the game and loves to play and to compete.

I think there are some other players in the area that will have the opportunity to play at the college level and hope that their choices work out for them as well.

Congratulations Omar and good luck (just maybe not so much this year when you play the Indians).

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk