McMinn and Sevier Co.

TribeFan

The Bears have definitely been a Jekyl and Hyde team all year long - playing either up or down to the level of competition. Another factor to consider will be how the open date we had last week will effect this game. I know we needed a break from the grind of playing ten consecutive weeks but I wonder how much this long layoff will effect our offense? If we come out not executing or turning the ball over we might not have enough in the tank to overcome a very talented McMinn offense. As usual, in a contest like this between two evenly matched teams the one that makes the fewest mistakes and takes care of the ball the best will win.

At least the field should be in good shape. If nothing else the open date kept it from getting chewed up by the heavy rains so tonight's game won't be played on a cow pasture like some will be tonight. Should be perfect football weather also. Cold, Clear and Outdoors!

Welcome Tribe fans to the Bear Den!

SCBear thanks for the kind comments and we look forward to our trip to Sevier County as we have not played their since the '86 season when we played in the Smoky Mt. Bowl.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't turn the ball over time after time and hope to win a playoff game (well unless you are Maryville).

Once it got to 21-0 it was pretty much over. McMinn did get their running game going in the 2nd half but the clock was not on their side. The fumble with about 4:50 left the play after the long touchdown run was nullified by a holding call was a killer.

You could tell that McMinn was scared to death of the SCHS passing game by the way they played the 3 and 4 wide sets. When you only put 5 or 6 in the box it is going to be a run. When they did choose to throw their was little or no pass rush which led to the 40 yd TD pass. Pippin was not the primary receiver on that pass and Watson had 5-6 seconds to find the wheel route wide open.

Hope next friday night's trip is more fun than the 1st round in '01.

With D-B gone another home playoff game is in the Bears reach.

Too many turnovers. The qb for Sevier is very quick and shifty and played a good game. The holding call on the long run by Trace in the 4th was the end for us...its a shame cause it was a great run, too..

Man ya'lls field has a huge slant in the middle of it

Owls gave up a couple of passes this week too but their run defense and ultimatly the pass defense is pretty good. Offense was o.k too.

A very frustrating loss this week againist a team that McMinn should have beat had they not beat themselves with 6 turnovers and 1 touchdown called back because of a penalty that happened behind the ball carrier.

#8 Johnson had a terrible game. At one point in the game I wondered if he was playing for sevier county because he kept wanting to throw it to their players.

#2 Mcdermott rushed for 134 yards with a 75 yard rush called back, he sure was fun to watch this year.

Then we have the delima of the coaching 13-17 over three years, does he stay or does he go?

Even though I was wishing McMinn would win this one I still dont know if the best team won, I think the team that made the fewest mistakes tonight is the team that won. Good luck next week at the nest sevier county you will need it againist the legend Benny Monore and the Owls.

A very frustrating loss this week againist a team that McMinn should have beat had they not beat themselves with 6 turnovers and 1 touchdown called back because of a penalty that happened behind the ball carrier.

#8 Johnson had a terrible game. At one point in the game I wondered if he was playing for sevier county because he kept wanting to throw it to their players.

#2 Mcdermott rushed for 134 yards with a 75 yard rush called back, he sure was fun to watch this year.

Then we have the delima of the coaching 13-17 over three years, does he stay or does he go?

Even though I was wishing McMinn would win this one I still dont know if the best team won, I think the team that made the fewest mistakes tonight is the team that won. Good luck next week at the nest sevier county you will need it againist the legend Benny Monore and the Owls.

Yeah we went out on a very bad game against a team that really didn't stack up very well against us. But you have to lay off of the individuals it is a team sport so when one falls we all fall. But I have to give alot of credit to Coach D he always seemed to a good game plan and he has really matured it seems. I mean he did get us to the playoffs!! Anyways I do wish Seveir the best of luck against Ootlewah.