BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

I wouldn't count on anyone coming from another team in the district to take over. Centennial has been considered the "whipping boy" of the district the past two years. I don't think anyone would wanna contend with that plus the moral is low, who ever takes over has alot of work to do.

I agree that whoever takes over will probably develop the team as if it were a new program. It'll take about 2 or 3 years before we become a power again. The good thing is he's a got a lot of good yound talent to build upon, such as Scales, kelly, and Kemp. Also, 6-7 lineman Ben Mixer could also return to the team. In time, I can honestly see a team that reminds everyone of that 2002-2004 campaign. This being my senior year however, it doesn't matter in the slightest.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope we go after Jack Daniels, but i think there's small chance the stay within the school, and bring back Baughman (hes always been the in your face, im gunna tell you how it is kinda guy, and thats what we need!!) or promote Phillps up to head coach...but who knows, we'll know soon enough

as for your second point "get the kids walking the halls to believe in the program..."

if you talking about the team, i can kind of understand that...but if your talking about students, then your out of your mind, the student body has stood behind this team thought thick and thin, and this year has been one of the worst seasons, but we've still farely strong fan base at each game

I hear Jack is off to Page to replace Palmer. We shall see about that one. ROb is a great guy and is an "in your face type". I cannot see him taking this position, or even making an attempt to. Can't say that I believe Phillips will be the man either. you guys gotta get away from the Wing-T/Wishbone mentality. You need a FRESH start!

As for the kids wlaking the halls...I would never question your support...i was talking about the athletes walking the halls that need to get out and play for their program and school and a coach that will encouarge them and pump up the program.

Look for coach Palmer to be in the running. Would be a great fit and he would get out the players. I think Daniels is a done deal at Page so he is out of the picture. I also hear that Phillips will be promoted which I think would be a mistake. He is already there and couldn't get the players out nothing changes once he is head coach. CHS fans should get behind coach Palmer or a hard push for Daniels. They are both in the county and could start working with the players right away.(weightroom,etc.)

Cowboys...you are nuts. Coach P is getting ready to retire...SMART MAN. Great man with a great heart! Besides, has Palmer ever really "gotten the job done" at previous schools?

Agree...Phillips would be a mistake.

P.S. This probably wont happen, but for all you Freedom Middle alums, what do you think of Fred Lane Sr. as a possible candidate?

P.S. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????

Go from one Wishbone coach to another???? You deserve what you get coming to ya if you make a move like that!

WOW..I am amazed that thought even came up. Fred is a great man, and has been a great middle school coach, but his best days are behind him. Let him be.

CHS needs new life. You need a new generation coach with new generation ideas...on both sides of the ball. Total overhaul in my opinion.

Good Luck in your search, and as I said in a previous post, you really do not have to look very hard or very far for a quality coach for your program. Willamson County is blessed with coaching candidates.

I wouldn't count on anyone coming from another team in the district to take over. Centennial has been considered the "whipping boy" of the district the past two years. I don't think anyone would wanna contend with that plus the moral is low, who ever takes over has alot of work to do.

its a region, and Centennial would be a good job for most assistants to take.

It dosen't matter who the head coach is if you don't have a good staff you will not win. All programs that want to turn the ship around in a short period of time will allow the new head coach to bring the following positions with him: DC, DL, OL, OC, along with a strength & conditioning coach. The general rule of thumb is that most successful large school football programs have at a minium of one coach for every eight players in the program.

its a region, and Centennial would be a good job for most assistants to take.

Region-District same thing and you know what I meant. Centennial WOULD be a good job for most assistants to take. I know that they would have to start over from scratch. It would require alot of work and that includes getting rid of problem players, problem coaches and getting the AD on the same page with where the program should go.

Region-District same thing and you know what I meant. Centennial WOULD be a good job for most assistants to take. I know that they would have to start over from scratch. It would require alot of work and that includes getting rid of problem players, problem coaches and getting the AD on the same page with where the program should go.

Getting the AD on the same page as the program will also be quite a task for CHS...since Gregory was also the AD for CHS.

Will this be a package deal for the new coach? (That will make for an attractive offer!)

P.S. This probably wont happen, but for all you Freedom Middle alums, what do you think of Fred Lane Sr. as a possible candidate?

possibile maybe but probably not plus he doesnt have what it takes to be at the high school level. Hes a good middle school coach and puts out a good team most of the time but he doesnt have the intensity and mind set that Centennial needs to have the huge turnaround that the players and fans are expecting out of this.

Edited by lax4life32