Faragut Field

Wildmanfan

Simple solution, build a SEPERATE field for the soccor teams and that keeps them off the football field.

As to the game I saw I REALLY hope it was not typical Faggagut or however it is spelled. I never was big on Yankee Admirals in school.

'If' it was typical I KNOW why Oak Ridge beats y'all so often. Number 7 was the only real player I saw on y'alls team. Be thankful y'all don't play in Region 4 because Siegel and Blackman would beat y'all.

Not hating, just my observation of what I saw compared to teams I know well.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be honest, I haven't read anything above at all, but I'm just going to let you know it isn't bad just at Farragut if it was bad. I was at the Halls game tonight and let me just say that I didn't know that coach J changed the field and tried to turn it into a castle as there seemed to be a moat all around the field tonight. It turned from Red Devil field to Red Devil Island and that's no lie

I'm going to be honest, I haven't read anything above at all, but I'm just going to let you know it isn't bad just at Farragut if it was bad. I was at the Halls game tonight and let me just say that I didn't know that coach J changed the field and tried to turn it into a castle as there seemed to be a moat all around the field tonight. It turned from Red Devil field to Red Devil Island and that's no lie

I think Oak Ridge found a new excuse for losing. Zcar and Myself Told everyone about Reddevil Lake, looked like the everglades tonight! I caught 7 fish during halftime.

Simple solution, build a SEPERATE field for the soccor teams and that keeps them off the football field.

As to the game I saw I REALLY hope it was not typical Faggagut or however it is spelled. I never was big on Yankee Admirals in school.

'If' it was typical I KNOW why Oak Ridge beats y'all so often. Number 7 was the only real player I saw on y'alls team. Be thankful y'all don't play in Region 4 because Siegel and Blackman would beat y'all.

Not hating, just my observation of what I saw compared to teams I know well.

Yea Yea we know all about your region, that is why you have won 75+ region games in a row.

I understand that football field get worn out over a period of 5 games at home, but Farragut has no excuse for the sloppiness of the field. Oak Ridge use to play their soccer games on Blankenship Field, but it never looked as bad as Farragut's even this late into the season. Stop making excuses and get a sepperate field for soccer. Its not like yall don't have the money to do that over there.

Apparently you guys haven't seen many high school games in the mud. I promise you, games all across the state experienced the same field conditions tonight. Just saw some Tennessean pictures of the Springfield game and they were covered in mud. With the amount of rain the state has recieved the past two weeks this can be expected. Those ridiculing Farragut for not spending more money on there field, need to understand that this is high school football. I don't know many programs in the state that can afford to but a tarp for their field. I came from a school where we didn't even have a trap for the baseball field.

Seems to me people are becoming soft. My senior year I played 3 of these type games, and I loved them. Nothing like playing in the mud, did we blame the field when we lost one of those games? No, we knew we were respondsible for the loss.

Well its week ten and a monsoon just came through. Is a bad field that unusual? We have the same soccer issues at Maryville. And on top of that middle school, freshmen, JV games all take their toll. There have been times when by the time the varsity plays its second or third home game the field is already looking a bit worn. Last night at Lenoir City there was standing water in the end zone and a few places on the field. And their field was in excellent shape and crowned perfectly for appropriate run off. The only solution to bettering the conditions last night? Move the game indoors somewhere.

Edited by mhs

there isnt any room for a soccer field at Farragut.. and plus Knox County wont pay for it. they assume we have the money to do it ourselves.. so we get 0 help. plus its not that important to have our own soccer field. Bearden has their own soccer field and from what i saw last night theirs wasnt in the best shape either..

and using soccer as an "excuse" is perfectly fine. because that is really the reason why it looked so bad. but of course u all know nothing about Farragut and u obviously couldnt care less to know more so just get over it..

and to answer someones question.. no its not normal for it to be like that.. a few years ago they moved the game vs. mcminn co. to thursday i think and it was raining almost just like yesterday but it wasnt all muddy like that. so thats the first time ive ever seen it like that.

and whoever said we would lose to blackman and other people in region4.. u saw Farragut play in a monsson and ur saying thats all we can do? i think u need some more observations and not a 10 minute one..

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

just to let eveyone know, the girls soccer game is being played over on their practice field over at the middle/intermed complextoday, I guess someone realized that they have tore up the football field enough. Why they could not convert that to the soccer facility for both boy's and giirls is beyond me. Besides no one goes to their gmes other than parents and a couple of parents.

The football program is what gives money to all of the no-revenue sports via the consessions. If the football stadium is going to be used as a multi sports facility the county sould put some money into it and put down field turf..... :P:D

just to let eveyone know, the girls soccer game is being played over on their practice field over at the middle/intermed complextoday, I guess someone realized that they have tore up the football field enough. Why they could not convert that to the soccer facility for both boy's and giirls is beyond me. Besides no one goes to their gmes other than parents and a couple of parents.

The football program is what gives money to all of the no-revenue sports via the consessions. If the football stadium is going to be used as a multi sports facility the county sould put some money into it and put down field turf..... :P:D

One girls soccer game is about the equivalent of maybe one quarter of a football game in terms of field wear and tear. Using that as an excuse for the field being in such poor condition is a really lame excuse. It sounds like there is enough football on the field to tear it up pretty dad gum well. A nasty field after the amount of rain that fell and the previous use of the field is to be expected.If you want a good field get the artificial turf and let everyone play on it and save a bunch of money in the long run. Don't know where the money comes from in Knoxville so I don't know if that is feasible, but it would make sense.

I forget that the parents of soccer players are not that important in the overall scheme of things, thanks for reminding me.