William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

TG24

Actually, tpoole, it was indeed Reese Mac. He sustained a serious shoulder injury late in the DB game, but actually came back in and played on "d", I believe, with a dislocated shoulder (check me on that one if I'm wrong, ETcoach).

Reese was an incredible athlete. As an eighth grader, a lot of folks say he was as good of a basketball player to ever play in the Blount County area, and when you consider the likes of Lee Humphry, Travis Stinnett, etc. ... that's pretty high praise.

I think his size caught up with him in high school as far as basketball goes, although he was a key contributor for the Gov's b-ballers when he did play. Baseball was his meal ticket.

Thanks Gov Man. I'm getting old, lost my hair, losing my memory, but I still have my teeth. Go Govs

Edited by tpoole12

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's intoxicated alright...... :(

actually I was thinking about TG24 when I wrote that. :thumb: Remember, Chomp says I make ridiculous posts. Some things are self fulfilling. I think I am correct in saying that makes the previous post incorrect just as I was incorrect in the post that Chomp said I was incorrect about. And now I am sure I am incorrect in thinking that a subject of one of yours post was a mere 2 year old when I graduated from a 3 year old high school somewhere. I am also most likely incorrect in believing that DB will beat WB by 3 touchdowns (30% probability). 2 may be more correct (70% probability). But take the win? That's a 93% probability. Why? I hear they changed the team out this week. This new team will be on fire THIS Friday.

In all seriousness, WB is obviously a dangerous team and anyone who has looked at their record knows it. After DB's having been knocked out in the 1st round last year and after a less than stellar win last week, I have to believe they will be on fire this Friday. Now I may be incorrect in my belief but my suspicion is that after Friday night, WB will have to go home and clean their pads and store 'em for the winter.

Tell us more! I'm a DB fan but sometimes he sounds downright intoxicated on DB sports. He's not a former athletic director or something is he?

No, but when it comes down to DB athletics trust me he knows what he is talkin about. And he has DB pride he shows it at every DB sport activity whether its football or basketball, or baseball and track he shows DB spirit.

Roll Tribe Roll!!!

I played football for Dobyns-Bennett and we never won a state championship... Sure I was disappointed when my senior season came to an end... but it was not because I had never won a state championship... it was because I would never again get to put on that maroon and grey and go out and compete friday nights at J. Fred...

The memories from those seasons are some of the best I have... and I would not have rather played for any other school in the state... not maryville, not oak ridge, and not riverdale... I wouldnt have rather played for any other coach either...No where in the state is there a high school program with as much tradition... It was never about winning for winnings sake... it was winning to carry on the winning tradition that has led to Dobyns-Bennett having the most all time wins in the state...

So do I wish DB would win a state championship? Yes

Will I still concider them the best team in the state year in and year out if they dont? I don't think I even have to answer that one...

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

The last time these 2 teams met in the Playoffs was not the Govs upset of the Indians in 2001, it was the next season, 2002, when the Indians rolled WB 48-0. I would forget that game too, if it was me.

I do re-call my 1st prediction on this game. The Indians will win, but if and when Graham Clark has more that a 2 score lead, he will work the clock and get it over with as quickly as possible.

Bo Burton will have at least 2 TD Passes, he always does. Coty Sensabaugh will have at least 2 TD Catches, he always does. That is as automatic a hookup as you can have in HS Football. The Indians D won't give much. Maybe 150 yards total, maybe not.

Region 1 wins this game and the Indians will advance to Round 2

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett Indians 23

William Blount Govenors 07

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

The last time these 2 teams met in the Playoffs was not the Govs upset of the Indians in 2001, it was the next season, 2002, when the Indians rolled WB 48-0. I would forget that game too, if it was me.

I do re-call my 1st prediction on this game. The Indians will win, but if and when Graham Clark has more that a 2 score lead, he will work the clock and get it over with as quickly as possible.

Bo Burton will have at least 2 TD Passes, he always does. Coty Sensabaugh will have at least 2 TD Catches, he always does. That is as automatic a hookup as you can have in HS Football. The Indians D won't give much. Maybe 150 yards total, maybe not.

Region 1 wins this game and the Indians will advance to Round 2

Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett Indians 23

William Blount Govenors 07

Good To Great

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Let's see Art ... back on 10/26 at 11:27 PM you said "Won't say another word on this string ..."

Seems like us WB folks aren't the only ones that are "forgetful". I hope you're better at predicting outcomes than you are at "not saying another word." I doubt it though.

Edited by GovMan

I'm going with WB in this one actually going with a 25a sweep but I really wasn't impressed with DB last 2 years we went to the Ted and I don't see why this year should be any different. It will be a close game but it looks like a lot of 2-5a rematches to get the chance to beat Riverdale.

Going with Owls all the way but would much rather meet DB in quarters than rematch with WB so go Gov's.