William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

TG24

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anyone tries to say DB choked, realize that WB is a GREAT football team and just beat DB. DB missed a 12 yard field goal with less than 30 seconds to go. These guys played are hard game. In the end WB, controlled the ball and used their big size advantage to get it done. Congrats WB.

Edited by bud

Bud,

I am going to say that 'Great' is a little strong for WB. The fumbled three times in the second half.

Surprised at the outcome? Not really.

Embarassed by the outcome? Oh, yes.

DB has ball 1st and goal from the 6 w/ about 2 minutes left. We end up attempting a FG from the 8 w/ about 20 seconds left. It missed. I knew that at some point the inability to run the ball would doom this team.

Special teams miscues + inability to run the ball - numerous mistakes from WB = exit in round 1.

What is there to say? WB deserved to win. DB didn't.

Simply ridiculous for the fourth seeded team to beat the No. 1 seed two years in a row. What else is there to say? I am as big a DB fan as there is, but I am willing to call a spade a spade. DB in fact choked.

Edited by rolltriberoll

Before anyone tries to say DB choked, realize that WB is a GREAT football team and just beat DB. DB missed a 12 yard field goal with less than 30 seconds to go. These guys played are hard game. In the end WB, controlled the ball and used their big size advantage to get it done. Congrats WB.

how do you attempt a 12 yard field goal, you can't kick the ball on the 2 can you?

Bud,

I am going to say that 'Great' is a little strong for WB. The fumbled three times in the second half.

Surprised at the outcome? Not really.

Embarassed by the outcome? Oh, yes.

DB has ball 1st and goal from the 6 w/ about 2 minutes left. We end up attempting a FG from the 8 w/ about 20 seconds left. It missed.

Special teams miscues + inability to run the ball - numerous mistaked from WB = exit in round 1.

What is there to say? WB deserved to win. DB didn't.

Simply ridiculous for the fourth seeded team to beat the No. 1 seed two years in a row. What else is there to say? I am as big a DB fan as there is, but I am willing to call a spade a spade. DB in fact chocked.

Well I was glad to see WB get the upset, since we now get to play at home again next week, but I sure do feel for all of the great D-B fans. You guys support your team as good or better than anybody and I hate to see it end up so painful for you. I truly thought you guys would go to at least the semis this year and beat us in the 2nd round. Sorry the tough ending. I think you guys were really a better team than what this game showed.

Well I was glad to see WB get the upset, since we now get to play at home again next week, but I sure do feel for all of the great D-B fans. You guys support your team as good or better than anybody and I hate to see it end up so painful for you. I truly thought you guys would go to at least the semis this year and beat us in the 2nd round. Sorry the tough ending. I think you guys were really a better team than what this game showed.

Sorry for my prediction that the DOWN 2-5a would sweep super 1-5A Sevier messed that up, but the Owls are more than ready for the smokey bears, too bad Ooltewah stinks so much since OR went 5-5. They looked pretty good tonight.