William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

TG24

Thanks Diver it may be provols moonpies stimulating the mind. Still I wish we had that date tonite against Red Bank. :(

Interesting theory there Baseball.....hmmmmm, Moonpies for the mind. :thumb: Yep, I think they ole wang T might have given RB a different wrinkle, and it sure would have been nice for the few seniors, and it would have given our young 'uns some good experience for next year!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never pick DB to win in the first round again.

Failure.

Well sounds like a game similar to the SCHS game a few weeks ago except that they didn't seal the deal. SCHS stuffed the D-B running game as well and was only a couple of yards short of being able to run the clock out.

Did D-B have a hard time blocking the Walker brothers???

There is NO WAY they will ever win a 5A Championship until Clark commits to the run, especially during the playoffs. Yes, they can hit you with big plays, but the multiple formations with power running game just plays into 4th seed underdogs in cold playoff games.

OOPS, I meant to say multiple formations without a power running game......

I agree. The finesse game in cold/wet weather is an issue.

the walker brothers beat the poop outta us they ran the ball accounted for a few sacks n they ran the ball alot more we couldnt stop them on third down n guys lay off on us i was just in a locker room where ive never seen such strong spirited people n physically strong people cry like that

Well sounds like a game similar to the SCHS game a few weeks ago except that they didn't seal the deal. SCHS stuffed the D-B running game as well and was only a couple of yards short of being able to run the clock out.

Did D-B have a hard time blocking the Walker brothers???

You know they actually did that part okay tonight. A couple of times the older Walker #25 caught DB in the backfield, but for the most part, WB's tackles and the two inside backers 43 and 54 stuffed the run nicely. DB will not commit to the run though. I just don't understand Clark's play calling in the playoffs. He really did WB a favor on more than one occasion. In the first quarter they drove down inside the 20 and had a short 3rd and 2 and he had them in the shotgun and the Burton kid got flushed out of the pocket and got rid of the ball. They missed their first FG after that. Just seems panicked to me. Same thing last year against Ooltewah.

Hats off to The Govs. Nice Job. Hey pass the salt, will boiling water make it easier to get the feathers off.

I was 10-6 on my 1st round games. several upsets.

Two 6-4 teams take out two un-defeated teams. Another 6-4 team beats a 8-2 team. There is also a 5-5 regular season record team

playing next week as well. Very special night for those young men.