William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

TG24

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For 5A, this game and Gallatin/Ravenwood are best 1 vs 4 matchups. I anticipate both being good and close games, but with both #1's prevailing.

I'm interested in seeing if DB is for real as the playoffs proceed though. At this point I give them a 25% chance of making it to finals with having to potentially go through Sevier Co., Ooltewah, Riverdale.

Do the Govs have the ability to come from behind? The key for WB is to jump out in front early. If they get behind can they stick to grinding out the run. Other than the Maryville game, were there any games where WB got behind early? And what are the most points they were behind?

DB 31

WB 14

DBs defense is to good to let this wb team come from behind if they have been down the whole game (and they will).

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

For 5A, this game and Gallatin/Ravenwood are best 1 vs 4 matchups. I anticipate both being good and close games, but with both #1's prevailing.

I'm interested in seeing if DB is for real as the playoffs proceed though. At this point I give them a 25% chance of making it to finals with having to potentially go through Sevier Co., Ooltewah, Riverdale.

no no no, take a look at any of the brackets. Db would have to go through WB, Farrugut, Ooltewah, Riverdale. You cant play Sevier Co. and Ooltewah. :ph34r:

You can make "statistics" say alot ... but just like in politics, they don't always paint an accurate picture. WB's "D" didn't give up over 16 points per game, WB as a team did. Blount gave up some special teams "tds" and on more than one occasion, other teams' "d's" scored tds off of int's, etc.

The truth--which isn't always important when you just love to "rag" on a team--is that the WB Defense is indeed pretty stout. Folks who just watched them play a game or two aren't aware of that.

Having said that, they will be extremely tested to shut down DB --- especially DB's passing game, which I understand is real, real good.

Hey Art, yeah ... you are entitled to speak anytime and as much as you wish on here. But for the sake of integrity, you might avoid saying "you're not going to" and then turning around and doing it anyway. Just a thought. :ph34r:

Not really ragging like you want to think, I just don't think WB will do that well in the play-offs this year. Sorry to disagree with you. Giving up points on special teams or other wise is still giving up points. The DB O will air it out vs WB and really hang a few points on WB that way. WB's run D is better than the passing D has been. Sure I only watched two games but WB showed very little in both of those games to make me think they are explosive enough to beat DB this year. The team that pulled the up-set off 5 years ago had an undersized QB who was explosive and a coach who understood how to make adjustments.

I stand by my 25 point posting.

Not really ragging like you want to think, I just don't think WB will do that well in the play-offs this year. Sorry to disagree with you. Giving up points on special teams or other wise is still giving up points. The DB O will air it out vs WB and really hang a few points on WB that way. WB's run D is better than the passing D has been. Sure I only watched two games but WB showed very little in both of those games to make me think they are explosive enough to beat DB this year. The team that pulled the up-set off 5 years ago had an undersized QB who was explosive and a coach who understood how to make adjustments.

I stand by my 25 point posting.

So your maing this prediction after seeing WB play only 2 games. If you had seen everyone of their games you would see that WB should be 9-1. I will agree with you that DB's passing O is very good, but if WB can stop that then DB wont have anything going for them. WB's D is very good at stoping the running game. So if WB has worked on their special teams like they should then this will be a very close, low scoring game. My pick is WB-17 DB-14 in 2OT