ALL TIME GREATEST PLAYER IN TN

CHS 2007

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The list would start with anyone that was an All-American.

2. Any player that was voted National Offensive or Defensive MVP

3. National player of the year

Plese omit any national polls that are not legitimate or were created by someone other than a national newspaper, magazine, or a wire service poll.

All are wonderful players but when looking at all-time greats none are even in the Top 200. Tennessee has produced roughly 325 NFL players and several others who were college football hall of famers.

Tate and Jennings are the greatest from Pope John Paul II HS and Ravenwood HS in the short period they have been in existence.

Gulmire was good but Stan Fritts, Shaun Bohannon, Dave Griffith, Shaun Summers, Bobby Richards and Mike Caldwell are just a few Oak Ridge alums who went on to successful D-1 and /or NFL careers.

Maples may be the best receiver Maryville has produced but I'm aware of at least four Maryville Rebels who ended up in the NFL and numerous other D-1 prospects over the years but he has potential to be a great player in college.

Coker has the Talent to be someone special if he stays healthy and may be the best player produced by Antioch. Anyone know someone else to add to the Antioch list?

I'm not familiar with Adam Becker. Who is he? Where's he from? Position?, etc?

Becker was an All-State linebacker from Ravenwood last year. He's playing Division I football somewhere, but I don't remember where. Thanks for reminding me of Thomas, I completely forgot about him. I wouldn't leave out LB Luke Steckel from Brentwood either.