I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

Raiderray, Potts didnt really say much except he has a young team that is just learning to play basketball. Elliott, Potts and Chambers will be the leaders no doubt, but other than that, about the only returners are Lyke Whiteside and Batey.

Of course Im sure you knew that so im telling you nothing new. Tish was seemed like a sore spot with him and he wouldnt divulge into why she quit, though I have heard off the record what some of the people at the hs think. He did admit though that it would definitely hurt them under the basket and that potts and elliott would probably see time in the post.

Gaylon seemed especially optimistic about his team, as did the Cocke County coach who said the two new freshmen will start. Said Phipps was the only player of signifigance that he lost and has some players that should fill in nicely. Cherokee returns all their starters and they played a lot of people close last year. Crumbley said that she had some girls that she were looking to step up and fill the spots of Anderson (quit for track) and Forney. She said guard would be a weak postion early, forwards would be strong. Said Dickenson was just getting by on her talent right now and needed to work harder to become a well rounded player. East, he also was optimistic, which is to be expected early in the season, but im not sold on them.

Looks like West and GHS are the front runners by a long shot, but any given team can win on any night. Every team seems to have holes it needs to fill, or young people that will have to prove themselves.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The talent in Greeneville was there when Lynn Burkey came and was still there when he left. Greeneville Middle School is a breeding ground for talent. What is lacking is intensity. I don't know if it left with Burkey or Meagan Lyons, but they need to get it back to contend for a title.

Hey Barb, Imagine for one second if Kesha had as much intensity as Meagan had! Talk about WOW! And on another intensity note think how good Nicole could be if she had a little more fire about her as well. She is a very very talented player but (in my opinion) she could be absolutely unreal if she would get some fire about her.

Hey Barb, Imagine for one second if Kesha had as much intensity as Meagan had! Talk about WOW! And on another intensity note think how good Nicole could be if she had a little more fire about her as well. She is a very very talented player but (in my opinion) she could be absolutely unreal if she would get some fire about her.

Nakeisha Manuel with intensity...hmmm don't think I want to go there. Dickson really cranked her game over the summer.Maybe it will just take a bit to get revved up again. The girls in the IMAC are some of the most competitive around. I don't think it will take long to light a fire under Nicole.

We can all go and see how some of the teams from the IMAC will be this year at Carson Newman on saturday. Several of the teams will be scrimmaging against some good competion.

Did the red headed girl from morristown west quit? And did the big post girl quit also?

okay. so i believe you are talking about Seay (a junior this year) and Mayes (a senior). Seay has quit, but Amanda Mayes is back after quiting sometime this summer. Doesn't look as if she has lost anything. Tough girl and player. Seems to be back for good.