Fairley @ Henry County

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STILL WITH THE FILM THING :( . I'm sure the Henry staff will have everything they need to defeat Fairley. The bulldogs from Memphis played well and came out of Munford with a win, we hurt ourselves in the second half, but no excuses we put our stuff up for another year and they play on. Now to the game at hand. Sorry Fairley, you will not win. Like Melrose you will not contain Henry's powerful running game and I believe they will stop yours. Henry's front four is much better than Munford's and I don't see you being able to make a living running the ball. So that brings us to your passing game that only produced 11 yards friday night. Stop #9 combined with pressure off the corners and Fairley is stopped dead. Frustration will set in with the Fairley players followed by pentalities and Henry wins big. Congrats to all wearing red in Henryland for the big win at the mound from personal experience it's not an easy thing to do. A special congrats goes out to the Head Man a great job getting your ball club to this point and I'm sure this will be just another step.

Red Warrior:

Cougarmike's Munford team just played them and he's been prettey good with his synopsis of teams. I haven't seen Fairley play this season. So I can't compare them to Melrose or East. Looking at the stats from the Munford Fairley game, the Fairley 'D' held Munford scoreless in the second half. Cougarmike says that Munford shot themselves in the foot in the 2nd half, so maybe you discount that whole 2nd half of the Munford/Failey game and look at the 1st half. I do know this. Both teams have good defenses and good offenses. You don't make it to the 3rd round being subpar. Henry County has the advantage in this regard, their coach has been here before, Fairley's coach hasn't. Coaches don't play the game though, they just send in the plays, motivate on the sidelines, and manage the game as best that they can.

We have a radio program here in Memphis where the hosts of the show will talk to coaches and fans after the games. I heard the Fairley coach last Friday night after his big win over Munford. When he was asked about the Henry County team his Fairley Bulldogs were going to face, his reply was something to the effect of making sure they tackled #34, because he is a big strong RB and containing #1. These comments were made that night after the Munford game ... so he already knows about Henry County, just like Henry County already knows about Fairley.

Reading this thread leads one to believe that Henry County should win this game. Shut down #9 because the Fairley team won't be able to run, and Henry County wins. I don't have much more to offer as a synopsis.

Personally, I don't think it will be that simple. That's why they play them.

Two of Munfords scores were not from the offense. One was a fumble recovery returned for a TD. The other was a punt return by Courtney Madison for a TD. Other then that ... Munford's offense scored two TD's. Here are the stats from the game, courtesy of the Commercial Appeal.

You guys played Munford, draw your own conclusions.

At Munford

FAIRLEY 34, MUNFORD 28

Fairley 14 6 6 8 — 34

Munford 20 8 0 0 — 28

M — Tommy Henderson 5 fumble recovery (run failed)

F — Deangelo Anderson 91 kickoff return (run failed)

M — Matt Gray 21 pass from Mitch Huelsing (pass failed)

F — Jemarcus Robinson 8 run (Jemarcus Robinson run)

M — Courtney Madison 101 punt return (Malcolm Walker run)

M — Jerry Jackson 3 run (Malcolm Walker run)

F — Bobby Jones 10 run (run failed)

F — Deangelo Anderson 84 punt return (run failed)

F — Rodriguez Garrett 36 run (Rodriguez Garrett run)

............................... F .......... M

First downs ............ 16 ......... 13

Net yards rushing . 212......... 171

Net yards passing .. 11.......... 38

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHINGFairley, Rodriguez Garrett 13-121. Munford, Jerry Jackson 15-64.

PASSINGFairley, Jemarcus Robinson 1-3-11-0, Devin Stark 0-1-0-0. Munford, Mitch Huelsing 2-9-38-2, Courtney Madison 0-2-0-0.

RECORDSFairley 10-2, Munford 8-4.

Edited by kwc

Red Warrior:

Cougarmike's Munford team just played them and he's been prettey good with his synopsis of teams. I haven't seen Fairley play this season. So I can't compare them to Melrose or East. Looking at the stats from the Munford Fairley game, the Fairley 'D' held Munford scoreless in the second half. Cougarmike says that Munford shot themselves in the foot in the 2nd half, so maybe you discount that whole 2nd half of the Munford/Failey game and look at the 1st half. I do know this. Both teams have good defenses and good offenses. You don't make it to the 3rd round being subpar. Henry County has the advantage in this regard, their coach has been here before, Fairley's coach hasn't. Coaches don't play the game though, they just send in the plays, motivate on the sidelines, and manage the game as best that they can.

We have a radio program here in Memphis where the hosts of the show will talk to coaches and fans after the games. I heard the Fairley coach last Friday night after his big win over Munford. When he was asked about the Henry County team his Fairley Bulldogs were going to face, his reply was something to the effect of making sure they tackled #34, because he is a big strong RB and containing #1. These comments were made that night after the Munford game ... so he already knows about Henry County, just like Henry County already knows about Fairley.

Reading this thread leads one to believe that Henry County should win this game. Shut down #9 because the Fairley team won't be able to run, and Henry County wins. I don't have much more to offer as a synopsis.

Personally, I don't think it will be that simple. That's why they play them.

Two of Munfords scores were not from the offense. One was a fumble recovery returned for a TD. The other was a punt return by Courtney Madison for a TD. Other then that ... Munford's offense scored one TD. Here are the stats from the game, courtesy of the Commercial Appeal.

You guys played Munford, draw your own conclusions.

At Munford

FAIRLEY 34, MUNFORD 28

Fairley 14 6 6 8 — 34

Munford 20 8 0 0 — 28

M — Tommy Henderson 5 fumble recovery (run failed)

F — Deangelo Anderson 91 kickoff return (run failed)

M — Matt Gray 21 pass from Mitch Huelsing (pass failed)

F — Jemarcus Robinson 8 run (Jemarcus Robinson run)

M — Courtney Madison 101 punt return (Malcolm Walker run)

M — Jerry Jackson 3 run (Malcolm Walker run)

F — Bobby Jones 10 run (run failed)

F — Deangelo Anderson 84 punt return (run failed)

F — Rodriguez Garrett 36 run (Rodriguez Garrett run)

............................... F .......... M

First downs ............ 16 ......... 13

Net yards rushing . 212......... 171

Net yards passing .. 11.......... 38

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHINGFairley, Rodriguez Garrett 13-121. Munford, Jerry Jackson 15-64.

PASSINGFairley, Jemarcus Robinson 1-3-11-0, Devin Stark 0-1-0-0. Munford, Mitch Huelsing 2-9-38-2, Courtney Madison 0-2-0-0.

RECORDSFairley 10-2, Munford 8-4.

Thanks for the information and I will direct this same question to cougarmike.

STILL WITH THE FILM THING :lol: . I'm sure the Henry staff will have everything they need to defeat Fairley. The bulldogs from Memphis played well and came out of Munford with a win, we hurt ourselves in the second half, but no excuses we put our stuff up for another year and they play on. Now to the game at hand. Sorry Fairley, you will not win. Like Melrose you will not contain Henry's powerful running game and I believe they will stop yours. Henry's front four is much better than Munford's and I don't see you being able to make a living running the ball. So that brings us to your passing game that only produced 11 yards friday night. Stop #9 combined with pressure off the corners and Fairley is stopped dead. Frustration will set in with the Fairley players followed by pentalities and Henry wins big. Congrats to all wearing red in Henryland for the big win at the mound from personal experience it's not an easy thing to do. A special congrats goes out to the Head Man a great job getting your ball club to this point and I'm sure this will be just another step.

I have been directed to you to answer my original question and then I have a few more. First of all, how would you compare our next opponent, Fairley, with our last two, East and Melrose. Secondly, what must we do to shut down their offense? What are their favorite plays and do they have any outstanding individual performers? Is the Fairley defense vulnerable to anything in particular? Why was your offense only able to muster two touchdowns? You scored three on us. Is their defense better than ours? Who has the better kicking game? Has the film swap controversy caused a rift between your staff and ours? I am a reader but a rare poster on this forum. This team and it's possibilities have me excited and a couple of other issues have converted me from a reader to a part-time poster. I will be interested in your response.

Good Morning Big Red Country! We are one day closer to the 3rd Round matchup between Fairley and Henry County. Practice seemed to be good yesterday under the lights.

Its been a little slow on here! Where is RedPride? Yanker, one post per day on here?!?!?

Problems in Henryland? If you are counting on the YANKER from JACKSON...there are problems in Henryland. The crowd at the East game was pitiful...activity on coacht after the big win at Melrose is at a low level. Do you like playoff football up there or are you wrapped up in the upcoming basketball season??? Will anyone attend the game other than to try to find the YANKER????? My young Cephus...what is the problem up your way??? The YANKER must make up for lost time at work once my Cougars are done...but I will attend your game...and the YANKER will try to help out on here all that I can. I neglect my work to some degree during the season and now I must catch up. I am the YANKER's boss so I can get awawy with it but now the YANKER has insisted that the YANKER get serious about the job...I AM STILL THE ONLY YANKER YOU WILL EVER KNOW...I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problems in Henryland? If you are counting on the YANKER from JACKSON...there are problems in Henryland. The crowd at the East game was pitiful...activity on coacht after the big win at Melrose is at a low level. Do you like playoff football up there or are you wrapped up in the upcoming basketball season??? Will anyone attend the game other than to try to find the YANKER????? My young Cephus...what is the problem up your way??? The YANKER must make up for lost time at work once my Cougars are done...but I will attend your game...and the YANKER will try to help out on here all that I can. I neglect my work to some degree during the season and now I must catch up. I am the YANKER's boss so I can get awawy with it but now the YANKER has insisted that the YANKER get serious about the job...I AM STILL THE ONLY YANKER YOU WILL EVER KNOW...I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mornin Yanker! I don't think there is trouble up here. There was activity on here Saturday through Monday morning. I think we are running out of good football talk about Fairley. The crowd will be up this Friday, it is going to be great!!! I understand about your work, but look forward to you coming up here this Friday!

Melrose game is LONG GONE and no reason to revisit. Thinking about Fairley is only concern now. No one from Fairley posts on this so hard to converse. Take a break from work and drop us a line on occasions.

Oh yanker, No problems here, we are on a roll and looking for another win on Friday, Intensity is at an alltime high and anyone in our way needs to know what they are doing. As Melrose found out the other night, ( they had several layers leave the game due to injury) that we are a physical football team, not much finesse here. Look for Fairley to come out with a lot of emotion. We have got to match it, I think we will, We are the better team but that does not always mean a win is ours, we were better than Southside and they beat us, we were better than Munford and they beat us. We are better than Fairley, and it is the 3rd round of the playoffs and crazy things will happen on Friday, will we make these things go our way or will it go Fairleys way?

My score is Henry County 36

Fariley 20

Good Morning Big Red Country! We are one day closer to the 3rd Round matchup between Fairley and Henry County. Practice seemed to be good yesterday under the lights.

Its been a little slow on here! Where is RedPride? Yanker, one post per day on here?!?!?

I have a a busy week and want to make sure everything is pretty much caught up by Thursday so I can spend Friday in "Worryland." Besides, the Munford coaching staff has not delivered my game film yet, so I really don't have much to comment on about Fairley. I know nothing about them.