Alcoa vs Smith County

clintabbott

Final predictions.....Alcoa 42-14!! Good luck to both teams!

What did I say the score was gonna be??? I believe my prediction was correct, but it could have been a lot worse!! The only thing SC had going for them was the train, fireworks, and that hamburger I had!! That was one of the best burgers i've had in a while! Congrats for making it to the semis though. Alcoa is just too much for 2a teams! :D

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how the Alcoa fans pretend like their team doesn't recruit...As I walked beside a few Alcoa coaches coming from halftime, I noticed one of them saying that he's been wanting them to get a concrete sidewalk coming from the clubhouse just like us. If they weren't spending all their tax dollars on players with 4.3 speed, they might be able to afford one.

I'm sick of this recruiting stuff!! SC just got flat out whipped!!! They couldn't play in Alcoa's region! Sweetwater would kill them, Loudon, and CAK might give them a run!!! There was not one dollar spent on me, and I run a 4.28 forty!! BORN AND RAISED IN ALCOA!!! IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, ASK SOMEONE!!!!! #5 ON THE 2000 STATE TEAM!!!! 8 TIME STATE CHAMP IN TRACK, AND 2 STATE RECORDS!! I BLEED MAROON!!! STOP HATIN AND ACCEPT THE LOSS!!!! :D

I'm sick of this recruiting stuff!! SC just got flat out whipped!!! They couldn't play in Alcoa's region! Sweetwater would kill them, Loudon, and CAK might give them a run!!! There was not one dollar spent on me, and I run a 4.28 forty!! BORN AND RAISED IN ALCOA!!! IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, ASK SOMEONE!!!!! #5 ON THE 2000 STATE TEAM!!!! 8 TIME STATE CHAMP IN TRACK, AND 2 STATE RECORDS!! I BLEED MAROON!!! STOP HATIN AND ACCEPT THE LOSS!!!! :D

Stink....enough already.....Go Gators!

I'm sick of this recruiting stuff!! SC just got flat out whipped!!! They couldn't play in Alcoa's region! Sweetwater would kill them, Loudon, and CAK might give them a run!!! There was not one dollar spent on me, and I run a 4.28 forty!! BORN AND RAISED IN ALCOA!!! IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, ASK SOMEONE!!!!! #5 ON THE 2000 STATE TEAM!!!! 8 TIME STATE CHAMP IN TRACK, AND 2 STATE RECORDS!! I BLEED MAROON!!! STOP HATIN AND ACCEPT THE LOSS!!!! :angry:

Yeah, we obviously got whipped. I can accept that. It's nothing I didn't expect. But it's not completely illogical to think those things when a team produces Division 1 prospects every year. Put yourself on the other side of the coin, getting killed by four touchdowns by a team with monsters for players. It's just NOT normal for Alcoa's defensive line to be as fast as our recievers. But anyway, I'm done with all this talk, go get Goodpasture next weekend!! :thumb:

I disagree that alcoas passing game needs a lot of work. On the season cobb as throw for over 1800 yards with 23 tds and that was only his 4th int of the season last night. Hes also completing 64 percent of his passes. and with lanxter, sommer and thompson on the receiving end i have to say that alcoas passing game is in good shape. As far as the comments saying shiverdecker was the only one who did anything, look at what the alcoa offense had to do to score. "almost nothing". they lined up in two TE sets and handed the ball off. Cobb attempted to throw deep twice, once picked off and the other underthrown. They could have lined up and threw stops, bubbles and slants til the cows came home because the sc corners were around 12 yards deep. Also, im pretty sure that shiverdecker doesnt play defense, kickoff team, punt team and all those things so it must have been a few others out there doing something to win.

As far as the questions about number 90. As they guy said before that is rae sykes, hes the number 10 ranked DE in the country and 4th ranked player in the state. Right now LSU, FSU and UGA would be the teams to beat. Ut is recruiting him hard but hes said they have NO shot at all. He really wants to get away. Shiverdecker isnt going to UT, they havnt offered. Univ. of Ky would be the best bet for an SEC school for shiverdecker to end up at. The rest of the guys Lanxter #4 will sign with west virgina, sommer #6, who is a junior has been offered by south carolina, UT, and michigan and notre dame are very close to giving early offers. Cobb, the Jr QB is at Ole Miss this weekend. He left right after the game last night.

Last but not least SC you have a good program going. Good fans, nice place to play and great staff. Good luck in the future with your program

GO Alcoa and Maryville, lets 3 Peat. And Fulton bring another one home also

I disagree that alcoas passing game needs a lot of work. On the season cobb as throw for over 1800 yards with 23 tds and that was only his 4th int of the season last night. Hes also completing 64 percent of his passes. and with lanxter, sommer and thompson on the receiving end i have to say that alcoas passing game is in good shape. As far as the comments saying shiverdecker was the only one who did anything, look at what the alcoa offense had to do to score. "almost nothing". they lined up in two TE sets and handed the ball off. Cobb attempted to throw deep twice, once picked off and the other underthrown. They could have lined up and threw stops, bubbles and slants til the cows came home because the sc corners were around 12 yards deep. Also, im pretty sure that shiverdecker doesnt play defense, kickoff team, punt team and all those things so it must have been a few others out there doing something to win.

As far as the questions about number 90. As they guy said before that is rae sykes, hes the number 10 ranked DE in the country and 4th ranked player in the state. Right now LSU, FSU and UGA would be the teams to beat. Ut is recruiting him hard but hes said they have NO shot at all. He really wants to get away. Shiverdecker isnt going to UT, they havnt offered. Univ. of Ky would be the best bet for an SEC school for shiverdecker to end up at. The rest of the guys Lanxter #4 will sign with west virgina, sommer #6, who is a junior has been offered by south carolina, UT, and michigan and notre dame are very close to giving early offers. Cobb, the Jr QB is at Ole Miss this weekend. He left right after the game last night.

Last but not least SC you have a good program going. Good fans, nice place to play and great staff. Good luck in the future with your program

GO Alcoa and Maryville, lets 3 Peat. And Fulton bring another one home also

I agree Alcoa did not press the passing game much. They did not need to. The running game was on full blast and worked all night.

They put Boyd out in tha 2nd rnd. first of all and someone like Shiverdecker isnt gonna go 2 sum school like Boyd over Alcoa just because its ok for yall to recruit, he's gonna go to tha WHOLE LOT BETTER program, and the whole maryville thing there's just more time to shine in alcoa...NOT COMPLAININ, JUST STATIN FACTS MY FRIEND

Where Shiverdecker went to school was never a part a "reations statement". You bring disgrace to your program with all this whining. I think reactions post was right on. In your mind (not all SC fans) anyone who beats you recruits. I don't know how Alcoa does it either and hopefully the TSSAA will look into this whole thing a little more. But goodness, a great SC team got beat by an even greater Alcoa team. Quit crying, it hurts the reputation that your players have earned on the field. By the way, our small, worthless little school Boyd was pulling for the OWLS.

Edited by BUC4LIFE

What did I say the score was gonna be??? I believe my prediction was correct, but it could have been a lot worse!! The only thing SC had going for them was the train, fireworks, and that hamburger I had!! That was one of the best burgers i've had in a while! Congrats for making it to the semis though. Alcoa is just too much for 2a teams! :)

I am a die hard Alcoa fan... as everyone should be for their home team. As for SC not having anything going for them you are are wrong.

While it was true they were outmatched in the game they played a good ball game. The team never gave up, and never stopped trying. They made the best of the talent they had and they played as a team. It is young men like that which is the very best of high school football.

If you think only winning makes you a winner you are so wrong. It is when after a tough loss that ends your high school career and you can look at your team mates and see in their eyes and know in your heart you gave it your all that had, then you are truely a winner.

For most of the kids on the field they will never go past high school ball. They will however have a life time to remember thier team mates and what life lessons they learned from playing football.

For the youngmen that played your last game last night. I salute you for your heart and hope you can always look back to your days playing ball and have that secret smile that only people who played can understand.

Where Shiverdecker went to school was never a part a "reations statement". You bring disgrace to your program with all this whining. I think reactions post was right on. In your mind (not all SC fans) anyone who beats you recruits. I don't know how Alcoa does it either and hopefully the TSSAA will look into this whole thing a little more. But goodness, a great SC team got beat by an even greater Alcoa team. Quit crying, it hurts the reputation that your players have earned on the field. By the way, our small, worthless little school Boyd was pulling for the OWLS.

The dude talking about recruiting joined two days ago. Don't lump all SC fans with one person posting on here. I doubt they are even from SC. Most SC fans have given Alcoa their due.

First of all this isn't OriginalSC3

I would like to say though...

Congratulations to Alcoa. You guys are a great team with tons of talent. Where you get it and how you get it doesn't mater. You have it. We had to play you and you kicked our butts. Shivy, I think that's what the Alcoa fans are calling Shiverdecker, was too good for us once he got into the open field. He has all the moves, skills and attributes that GREAT rbs have. The WRs didn't do that much and no our corners were usually at 7-8 yards, not 12. Yes, they would obviously back up a little on 3rd and long. Alcoa threw three deep balls, not two. One picked, one underthrown, one broken up. Offensively, I thought we moved the ball pretty well. We made several 1st downs just couldn't get points. W aren't used to seeing the closing and recovery speed that we saw from Alcoa and that makes a difference. #90 and IMO #2 are both beasts. We couldn't block either one with one guy. I thought Bass, #17, had a great game for us. Sanders, QB, did all he could do considering the pressure he was facing all night. Bottom line, the best team won.

I do have one gripe though. How can you say you are the hardest working team in the state? Unless you actually witness the other teams, that's a bogus statement. Had our kids not worked their tails off they would have never been there to play you. We have 0 D1 athletes. If you can't earn respect by playing with all your heart and courage then you guys don't know what it's like not to have those kids who are going D1. GIVE OUR KIDS THE RESPECT THEY ARE DUE. THEY HAVE EARNED IT.

With that said...

GO KICK GOODPASTURE'S BUTT!!!!!

First of all this isn't OriginalSC3

I would like to say though...

Congratulations to Alcoa. You guys are a great team with tons of talent. Where you get it and how you get it doesn't mater. You have it. We had to play you and you kicked our butts. Shivy, I think that's what the Alcoa fans are calling Shiverdecker, was too good for us once he got into the open field. He has all the moves, skills and attributes that GREAT rbs have. The WRs didn't do that much and no our corners were usually at 7-8 yards, not 12. Yes, they would obviously back up a little on 3rd and long. Alcoa threw three deep balls, not two. One picked, one underthrown, one broken up. Offensively, I thought we moved the ball pretty well. We made several 1st downs just couldn't get points. W aren't used to seeing the closing and recovery speed that we saw from Alcoa and that makes a difference. #90 and IMO #2 are both beasts. We couldn't block either one with one guy. I thought Bass, #17, had a great game for us. Sanders, QB, did all he could do considering the pressure he was facing all night. Bottom line, the best team won.

I do have one gripe though. How can you say you are the hardest working team in the state? Unless you actually witness the other teams, that's a bogus statement. Had our kids not worked their tails off they would have never been there to play you. We have 0 D1 athletes. If you can't earn respect by playing with all your heart and courage then you guys don't know what it's like not to have those kids who are going D1. GIVE OUR KIDS THE RESPECT THEY ARE DUE. THEY HAVE EARNED IT.

With that said...

GO KICK GOODPASTURE'S BUTT!!!!!

SC3 would love to take credit for this post!!!...Whoever you are...you made him look good!!!