Ravenwood vs. White Station

CHS 2007

and there is really no need to worry since ridgeway won't be there because they lost :unsure:

im betting ravenwood of course. our boys arent going to travel to Memphis to loose. i have faith in our D to hit em hard and our O to put us up on the board. it should be an amazing game and the way becker has been playing lately i dont doubt that he can make ANYTHING happen. good luck boys- lets bring it home. :lol:

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Ravenwood will hit hard, of that we have no doubt. We are just honored to be playing last years champs.

And thank you Ridgeway fans, you guys have one of the best teams this area has seen. Please come on out and cheer for a Memphis team if you can, I really see this as being a MSC thing. We will do our best, and we appreciate all the support we can get.

We're just hoping your 1 loss team doesn't hurt our little 4 loss kids....! We'll show up and do our best...maybe just maybe we won't embarrass ourselves.

Actually, this team today is every bit as good as last years team.....that nasty old private power house beat us again...missed an extra point in OT...and they just won the DII AAA State Championship.....then we lost our QB for a few games..that wasn't fun...we didn't have an experienced backup....but we're fine now...and are looking forward to a terrific trip to the west....some great food...good company...and a hard fought, clean, well played game.....it should be a fun time. High school football just doesn't get any better than this!

Small minor correction here,

Coach Rector decided to go for two after the touchdown to win the game against BA in OT instead of kicking the extra point. The two point conversion failed with BA winning. Despite the loss, I glad he went for it. This what makes Raptors games so much fun! Throw out the book of conservative play calling football, believe in your players, and it will be so. :thumb:

I know Ravenwood will hit hard, of that we have no doubt. We are just honored to be playing last years champs.

And thank you Ridgeway fans, you guys have one of the best teams this area has seen. Please come on out and cheer for a Memphis team if you can, I really see this as being a MSC thing. We will do our best, and we appreciate all the support we can get.

I just looked at their schedule. White Station may have got the team they wanted to play this game against. Ravenwood has given up more points then Wooddale did. Of course they score alot of points. But if this is going to be a run and gun type game I think it helps W/station chances.

Hope ya'll win two more games but only one person do I stand in cold for and He's not playing.............

ravenwood wins by 10

great line and great coaching

and becker aint bad at all at qb

and jgkarl

if gregory knew how to use his talent he might have had those slots filled

At the high school level if you have enough talent you will win games regardless of the sets run by the coach. As I said to CHS, Gregory was not purposely sabotaging the talent at Centennial and put HIS best players/plays on the field.

Me too, PAPAW. Even I can't convince him. Although he does like Coach Wright...maybe he will come around. We have a few days to work on him...I could even teach him the words to the White Station fight song...somehow, I just don't see it happening - says he doesn't even care to go to the game with us. What's wrong with the boy? (I know, but I can't say it on here!)

Onward Spartans, onward Spartans, fight right through that line...

that is the worst fight song i have ever heard....and you don't sing very well.

I just looked at their schedule. White Station may have got the team they wanted to play this game against. Ravenwood has given up more points then Wooddale did. Of course they score alot of points. But if this is going to be a run and gun type game I think it helps W/station chances.

Hope ya'll win two more games but only one person do I stand in cold for and He's not playing.............

Going to be in the high 60's on Friday...See you at the game and bring along BOO!

Come on guys...you don't need to gang up on us

After our mid season...we're just honored to still be playing anywhere

Hey Papa...is this your sons last year...or is he back.....my little one is moving on....graduates in May. After 4 sons on Friday nights..I'm going to have to find a new hobby for Friday nights.......maybe I'll learn how to play Bridge

By the way...the weather should be great...isn't it going to be about 70 and clear?

Stuman89,

I do not know where Coach Cooley is going to end up.... I do know that, as a result of losing its Coach, Ridgeway will no longer be able to draw the BEST football players in the Memphis area.

Melrose will (by default) benefit the most from Coach Cooley's resignation. Ridgeway football will suffer.

Make no mistake about it, Coach Cooley was the PRIMARY reason that Ridgeway consistently drew many top-flight football players. Coach Cooley is a great Coach that every kid wants to play for. Sure, some still went to Melrose. For many, however, Ridgeway represented the "safer," more ideal alternative to attending school in the "rough" Orange Mound Community at Melrose (the other top-notch football school).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A perfect illustration of this theme is White Station basketball:

The "genius" Coach Tippett led White Station BB for years. All the top B-Ballers went to White Station BECAUSE of coach Tippett's reputation. Now that Coach Tippett is gone....What's happened to White Station basketball?

Not surprisingly, WS basketball has fallen off the map. They're an also-ran. They're still suffering....Do not look for for WS to be a perennially strong BB school again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many talented athlethes take full advantage of the Memphis City Schools (MCS) Optional-School program (let's not kid ourselves, here), to go attend the school where they'll have the best chance (in their view) of winning a Championship! That's Melrose. That's Ridgeway. End of story.

Now, it's just Melrose....Yes, despite the Orange Mound community's rough reputation, many more of the area's best football players will bite the bullet (pressure their parents) and find a way to get into Melrose. Count on it.

Melrose is now more likely to win a Football Championship within the next 4 years.

TraderB:

If you use the same logic concerning students attending RHS because it was a safer/better choice for school. Wouldn't that very same logic apply to White Station? Think about it. Cooley is gone and the next coach isn't established. White Station has an established coach and a very exciting brand of football. I think Melrose will always benifiet from their winning ways. Heck, I've already heard of some folks who are planning on leaving one school to go to Melrose. I would think that White Station would benifiet as well. Melrose isn't the only school that attracts top notch football players.